Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 2:52:03 PM EDT
Geez....I've been "thinking" about buying an MP-5 clone and have been doing some detailed searches. I type in Bobcat (special weapons, AZ) in the search mode here and HOLY CRAP!!!
I see a MAJOR FLAME WAR between this Todd Bailey of S.W. and the owner of Ohio Rapid Fire.
Here is my question to the EXPERTS here. Does anybody LOCAL here have a Bobcat MP-5 clone?
Is it a pile of crap or a good weapon? I am trusting the WA HTF to have some experience and I value your opinion....I hope I didn't open up a can of worms. Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:08:56 PM EDT
I shot someone's Bobcat, it was....OK to say the most. He then told me how he'd rather have gotten a Colt LEO 9mm M4. Then went and got one, let me shoot it and WOW, world of difference. The bobcat did not look as clean as a real HK either.....It was cool and all, but, didn't shoot as clean as I expected it to.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:17:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PCR-00:
I shot someone's Bobcat, it was....OK to say the most. He then told me how he'd rather have gotten a Colt LEO 9mm M4. Then went and got one, let me shoot it and WOW, world of difference. The bobcat did not look as clean as a real HK either.....It was cool and all, but, didn't shoot as clean as I expected it to.

PCR...
Thanks for the feedback. I REALLY LIKE THE LOOK of the Bobcat, but am really concerned about the amount of trash/hate out there regarding Special Weapons in postings. It makes one wonder.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:19:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:24:56 PM EDT
I shot big elf's at the last LCR and liked it alot. He said the biggest issue was obtaining original HK magazines since they had the least number of FTF, etc.

I really enjoyed the SW5 I shot. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I couldn't afford it and bought an oly upper 9mm for my ar that uses sten mags. It also has a weakness for wanting a specific magazine block and good mags.

It does appear that both the AR and the HK MP5 clones are dependant on good mags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:27:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Contact Stokes.
He is a close personal friend of Todd Bailey

1GR...
Is that a "joke" or are you being serious? I'm not real convinced about what I've seen or heard either way.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:34:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:38:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
He is/was in the know on SW/TB
Joke about the friendship

Thanks. I suspect I won't get a "flattering" report from him them. Thanks 1GR!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:00:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:
I see a MAJOR FLAME WAR between this Todd Bailey of S.W. and the owner of Ohio Rapid Fire.

Link?? I have been eyeing those things also...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:29:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:47:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS_Coyote:

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:

Link?? I have been eyeing those things also...

RS_Coyote:
Type in Todd Bailey Special Weapons in Google....OUCH!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:58:43 PM EDT
I've been eyeing an MP5 clone also. One hears a great deal of vitriol from Todd Bailey-- and enormous restraint from Todd Grove, in the face of what would be mortal insults if aimed at anyone I know. This tells me something about the characters of the two men. I have handled all three brands-- and when the time comes, on that basis alone, and if the knots have been unraveled by that time, I'll probably buy an ORF. I want one of their Galils reeeeal bad--
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:08:18 PM EDT
I think you should ask SteyrAUG, he is Todds buddy.....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:09:22 PM EDT
I myself am one of those folks who likes "project" guns.

Hence, I have a BW5 on order.

I know I am a masochist, but I went through the same experience with my first AR.

I bought a lump 'o' crap, and learned how to make it work by fixing every little problem myself.

I intend to do the same with the BW5.

Thats assuming of course that it has problems. If it dosn't, then I will shoot the shit out of it until it does.

While I like guns that work every time, and yes, I have a few that work perfectly and I don't screw with them simply because they work, I really, really, REALLY do like project guns because they help me learn and give me somthing to do in my down time since I hate TV and other mindless drivel.

Once I get the BW5, I'll let you know how it works.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:44:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GrumpyM4:

I know I am a masochist, but I went through the same experience with my first AR.

I bought a lump 'o' crap, and learned how to make it work by fixing every little problem myself.

Chris

Fun, ain't it?

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:04:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 7:27:18 PM EDT by CavVet]
1) Toad Bailey is known throughout the net for being a first rate assclown.

2) I compared my HK SP89 to a SP89. There was no comparison. The welds looked like a 3 yr old could have done them, there were grind marks and it just overall looked like shit.

3) I shot Big Elfs Bobcat at LCR. It shot fine during the whole shoot AFAIK. It wasnt a bad little gun, didnt look that bad either.

See #1.

ETA: To answer your question, Big Elf is local, he just moved though, and I dont think his internet connection is up and running yet. I know he plans on being at LCR, so you just may have a chance to shoot one.

Top Top