Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 2:52:03 PM EDT
Geez....I've been "thinking" about buying an MP-5 clone and have been doing some detailed searches. I type in Bobcat (special weapons, AZ) in the search mode here and HOLY CRAP!!!
I see a MAJOR FLAME WAR between this Todd Bailey of S.W. and the owner of Ohio Rapid Fire.
Here is my question to the EXPERTS here. Does anybody LOCAL here have a Bobcat MP-5 clone?
Is it a pile of crap or a good weapon? I am trusting the WA HTF to have some experience and I value your opinion....I hope I didn't open up a can of worms. Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I shot someone's Bobcat, it was....OK to say the most.  He then told me how he'd rather have gotten a Colt LEO 9mm M4.  Then went and got one, let me shoot it and WOW, world of difference.  The bobcat did not look as clean as a real HK either.....It was cool and all, but, didn't shoot as clean as I expected it to.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I shot someone's Bobcat, it was....OK to say the most.  He then told me how he'd rather have gotten a Colt LEO 9mm M4.  Then went and got one, let me shoot it and WOW, world of difference.  The bobcat did not look as clean as a real HK either.....It was cool and all, but, didn't shoot as clean as I expected it to.

PCR...
Thanks for the feedback. I REALLY LIKE THE LOOK of the Bobcat, but am really concerned about the amount of trash/hate out there regarding Special Weapons in postings. It makes one wonder.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot big elf's at the last LCR and liked it alot.  He said the biggest issue was obtaining original HK magazines since they had the least number of FTF, etc.

I really enjoyed the SW5 I shot.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  I couldn't afford it and bought an oly upper 9mm for my ar that uses sten mags.  It also has a weakness for wanting a specific magazine block and good mags.

It does appear that both the AR and the HK MP5 clones are dependant on good mags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Contact Stokes.
He is a close personal friend of Todd Bailey

1GR...
Is that a "joke" or are you being serious? I'm not real convinced about what I've seen or heard either way.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He is/was in the know on SW/TB
Joke about the friendship

Thanks. I suspect I won't get a "flattering" report from him them. Thanks 1GR!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I see a MAJOR FLAME WAR between this Todd Bailey of S.W. and the owner of Ohio Rapid Fire.

Link?? I have been eyeing those things also...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link?? I have been eyeing those things also...

RS_Coyote:
Type in Todd Bailey Special Weapons in Google....OUCH!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been eyeing an MP5 clone also. One hears a great deal of vitriol from Todd Bailey-- and enormous restraint from Todd Grove, in the face of what would be mortal insults if aimed at anyone I know. This tells me something about the characters of the two men. I have handled all three brands-- and when the time comes, on that basis alone, and if the knots have been unraveled by that time, I'll probably buy an ORF. I want one of their Galils reeeeal bad--
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I think you should ask SteyrAUG, he is Todds buddy.....  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I myself am one of those folks who likes "project" guns.

Hence, I have a BW5 on order.

I know I am a masochist, but I went through the same experience with my first AR.

I bought a lump 'o' crap, and learned how to make it work by fixing every little problem myself.

I intend to do the same with the BW5.

Thats assuming of course that it has problems.  If it dosn't, then I will shoot the shit out of it until it does.

While I like guns that work every time, and yes, I have a few that work perfectly and I don't screw with them simply because they work, I really, really, REALLY do like project guns because they help me learn and give me somthing to do in my down time since I hate TV and other mindless drivel.

Once I get the BW5, I'll let you know how it works.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I know I am a masochist, but I went through the same experience with my first AR.

I bought a lump 'o' crap, and learned how to make it work by fixing every little problem myself.

Chris

Fun, ain't it?

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#16]
1) Toad Bailey is known throughout the net for being a first rate assclown.

2) I compared my HK SP89 to a SP89. There was no comparison. The welds looked like a 3 yr old could have done them, there were grind marks and it just overall looked like shit.

3) I shot Big Elfs Bobcat at LCR. It shot fine during the whole shoot AFAIK. It wasnt a bad little gun, didnt look that bad either.

See #1.  

ETA: To answer your question, Big Elf is local, he just moved though, and I dont think his internet connection is up and running yet. I know he plans on being at LCR, so you just may have a chance to shoot one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top