Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/12/2007 6:18:52 PM EST
Hello guys just found this section in ARF. Looking for a outdoor range that will allow full auto rifles. I shoot most of my FAs at Target Sports in Royal Oak but am sick of the 25 yard range.

I have heard of the "Pitts" but thats kind of a far drive for me. I live in Troy so any range closer would be great.

Looking for mostly shoot .223 and .308 FA.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/12/2007 8:16:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By NelufGruven:
Hell lapeer isn't that far away for ya. head out there and join us on full boogie day :0 we have one coming up on the 23rd :)

Well the 23rd is on a Sunday wich is my only shooting day. I have never been down to the Pitts.

Anyone have directions if coming from Troy?
Around what time does everyone meet up?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 4:22:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jmacken37:
How about a range for pistol caliber FA. Can't seem to find that in our area, either. Time to find some land!

Jake

Yep, land is cheap right now-sell one of your guns and get a private shooting range. I did this late last year and get to set my own range hours, no ghetto thugs to worry about, no caliber limitations or range nazis etc.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:12:20 AM EST
Well guys I am going to the pitts for the first time today to check it out. I will bring 2 sear guns with me a M16 and MP5K and maybe the HK 91 host. If anyone wants to try them out ur more than welcome just bring ammo.

I think I will will arrive at around 12-12:30 if I dont get lost.

Andre
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:04:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By sig-x:
Well guys I am going to the pitts for the first time today to check it out. I will bring 2 sear guns with me a M16 and MP5K and maybe the HK 91 host. If anyone wants to try them out ur more than welcome just bring ammo.

I think I will will arrive at around 12-12:30 if I dont get lost.

Andre

How did it go?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:46:00 PM EST
It was ok not what I expected. Very messy place with lots of trash and kinda small. People would just show up shoot a little and leave but it was kinda crowded when I got there. The only other guy with a full auto was cool had a nice Colt M16. I shoot well over 2k rounds and let a couple of people shoot my rifles. Everyone trys to bump fire and does not wear eye protection and some didnt have any ear protection on either. Need to take some targets/table/chairs with me the next time. It was very hot today and I sweated like a pig. Strange how much brass people leave behind. I don't reload yet but it would be a reloaders dream to take all that unwanted brass. lol
Top Top