Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2007 2:08:51 PM EDT
I would really like to have a Savage Predator in 243, but it does not exist. I actually found a Remington 700 ADL at a good price, but the barrel has a super light taper which I am not excited about. So, short of building a custom rifle what else is out there?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Dam, with all the shooters here there must be some good info!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
243 is very versitile. But tegun built can be be night a day different depending on its use. If you are looking for a long range paper puncher, 1-8 or 1-7 twist and load the 115 or 117 bullets or more of a game  rifle around 100 grain bullets or varmit with the  70 grain.  If you want  to run the heavy bullets then you are almost going to have to go to a replacement barrel.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
243 is very versitile. But tegun built can be be night a day different depending on its use. If you are looking for a long range paper puncher, 1-8 or 1-7 twist and load the 115 or 117 bullets or more of a game  rifle around 100 grain bullets or varmit with the  70 grain.  If you want  to run the heavy bullets then you are almost going to have to go to a replacement barrel.

I have a bunch of heavy hitters and just need something to punch hogs and coyotes on the ranch. The 6MM has severed me well, but 243 is on my list of new calibers to try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top