Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 2:56:31 PM EDT
Hi All,

I tried to drill a small hole, 3/16 inch, on my castle nut with my household drill and so-called titanium point drill bit from Home Depot and it really failed. Is there anyone who has a drill press and can help me with this? Or if you could tell me how to accomplish this that would great too. I live around High Rock area.

Might as well ask it here too... Does anyone know where I can get car remote starters installed on my parents' 2002 Camry and 2004 Nissan Xterra for cheap? I asked couple shops and they quote me $250+ for each car.  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I cant really help, but Im just curious......Why did you try to drill the hole in your castle nut?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a ergo grip f93 stock and it is too close to get the wrench out when it's tighten. It's even a bit closer than shown in the picture so I need to use the single hook wrench. Otherwise, it needs to be yanked out.

I can buy another stock and be done with it but I just don't want to give up.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Use the single hook on one of the slots.
Should still work fine, but may be a pain if keeps slipping.
Have someone hold the lower, or use something to secure it from moving around.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]
stupid question, can the stock be pulled out or is it pinned in the collapsed position
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the issue is the portion that is attached to the tube can not be moved.
The lower portion of the stock slides back and forward changing your LOP.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try a center punch and then use a very small drill bit, then step up to the size you need.
View Quote

I lost couple small drill bits and I got a whole.

Thank you for the idea
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the issue is the portion that is attached to the tube can not be moved.
The lower portion of the stock slides back and forward changing your LOP.
View Quote

You are correct. The top part cannot be moved and the hook is a little big for the spot therefore I need to drill. I got what I want.

Thank you for your inputs guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top