Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2011 3:28:57 PM EDT
A family member just got deployed to the Sandbox a few days back. I wanted to send him some gear for his M4.
I wanted it to be a suprise so I'm trying not to ask him too much. His M4 has a quad rail and Aimpiont, so some new FDE gear is in order.

QUESTION: I wanted to send him Magpul stuff. P-mags, rail covers, etc. Is it OK for him to field those items?
I've seen a few MOE stocks and P-Mags in pics from the field. I was wondering if they are good to field across the board or does he need unit approval.

Any tips on sending stuff overseas will be helpfull too. Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is he and whats he do? To be honest, depending on location and whos got TACON on him, he may or may not be able to use the weapons stuff. ZThe Air Force is much more strict than the Army. PM me and I'll tell you what you need though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
It sbeen a while since i got out of the Corps, but i would say no way would they allow him any mods not military related.  But in wartime, who knows!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
SFmember has been very helpful with this situation. I'm going to send the lad some stuff reguardless of weather the AF lets him use it or not. Gonna at least try.

I've seen a bunch of mods lately in photos. I started looking harder and was suprised how many I found. www.militaryphotos.net/forums/ Has tons of pics of guys with every aftermarket stock on the market. Also P-Mags are a dime a dozen by the looks of it.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Army is much, much more liberal with gear issue, I've always been jealous of them for that reason.

Working with irregular forces gets you some lee way...

Me and a stupid goose.

Had to buy the ACOG on there, and my Lancer L-5 magazines.

BTW, if you need anything else let me know. Making first contact with family overseas can be a PITA. SPAWARE blows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top