Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2018 9:41:29 AM EDT
My winnie sprung a leak under the cabinet...It was bought in little rock when we lived in AR, but that is a kinda out of pocket now.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying the roof is leaking and running into an upper cabinet enough to drip down onto a counter or ?

They make an RV roof coating(Delcor ?) that you brush or roll on and there's also a product that's is a thin rubber sheet that you tack down to help seal roofs then caulk along the edges.

ALL RV's need roof maintenance every few years to help maintain a good seal while flexing with being towed or just sitting for long periods of time. Those that sit outside with no protection over them usually need more roof recoating/repairs sooner. Nature of owning an RV.

I bought an '84 Fleetwood Prowler 19' that was lightly remodeled/rebuilt about 5yrs ago and I go up on the roof couple times a year to make sure no edge seams have broken down. I keep the old girl's roof area covered also during winter and heavy rains as it doesn't fit in our 3-sided garage door openings. If there's a sealed edge or seam, its a place for a leak to happen.

Last couple years I've been removing things I can get to like windows, exterior openings with framework, lights(clearance and taillights) and other areas and cleaning off and putting on new caulking seal to replace all the old dried flaky caulking seal. It comes in rolls and is like flat putty and is very tacky to seal out any moistures.

Replaced all the edge molding strips also that cover edge channel screws.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Just thought that you might be speaking that a waterline has sprung a leak. If so, those can be bad on trying to trace down and sometimes one needs to be a contortionist to get too. If I was closer I'd give you a hand.

I've seen this. Sometimes it's easier to replace the whole water line with the leak, than it is to fix with a connector after doing a cutout. If soldered brass line where problem is, it's even harder, but I've seen where some people cut out the problem area and use shark connections and they seem to work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the leak is from the main line coming from the water tank into the camper.  Water was dripping under the sink and out of the floor onto the concrete pad...  I found a few places.  One of which just told me they weren't interested in working on it.... it must be a PITA to fix.  I'm going to take it to leadington, Trailer town is the name....
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the leak is from the main line coming from the water tank into the camper.  Water was dripping under the sink and out of the floor onto the concrete pad...  I found a few places.  One of which just told me they weren't interested in working on it.... it must be a PITA to fix.  I'm going to take it to leadington, Trailer town is the name....
View Quote
I don't know anything about Trailer Town, but I had Parkland Trailer, about 1/8 mile further south on the same road do some work on my enclosed car trailer and I'm happy with what they did.  Might call and ask them if they can help.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a place in Park Hills/Leadington Area, I think called Griffons that a few of my friends always use for their campers...  They've had roofs and all kinds of stuff done...
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
There's this place right outside of Fredericktown.

http://www.72westmotorsandrvs.com/

I have met the owner and he seems to be a good guy but I don't own an RV or camper.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's this place right outside of Fredericktown.

http://www.72westmotorsandrvs.com/

I have met the owner and he seems to be a good guy but I don't own an RV or camper.
View Quote
Thats where I bought my camper from....  
Really nice folks, but I don't know how much repair they do...  I got the picture it was more selling and detail work than major repairs though...

Could not hurt to check.  Let us know if you use them as they are may closer too me...

I pass them on the way to and from my camp site and I dump my tanks there after camping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top