Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2018 9:33:03 PM EDT
Forgive me if this has been answered before. I need two new CA compliant toilets that can handle three teenagers that use a lot of toilet paper per flush.

The American Standard Champion 4 and the TOTO Drake were recommended in a GD thread.

Not a poop thread. I am remodeling and need a recommendation that meets CA standards.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Either toilet is good. I think that you'll save money with the American Standard.

More important is the type of toilet paper. Scott for smooth type TP or Angel Soft for textured/fluffy TP. I never had any problems flushing either paper. My plunger has dust all over it from lack of use.

Most other brands suck at holding together during use = have to make a catchers mitt so that your fingers won't poke through

and suck at falling apart afterwards in the water = plugged up toilet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a Ferguson ...BAAAAAWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHH  

Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You can put whatever you want in if you buy it somewhere else.  Around here they still sell 1.5 gallon models but the water districts are giving $100 rebates on the lower gallon/flush models (1.1gal/flush) which supposedly are just as good.  Except San Francisco recently had an issue with clogs because of so many low flows not pushing it into the mains.  My American Standard 1.5gal/flush are doing fine and can handle an impressive payload.  lol
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
when I remodeled I went with (2) of these.  they work great.  also you can check with your local water district as sometimes they offer rebates to replace older units.

KOHLER Highline Classic White WaterSense Labeled Elongated Chair Height
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
You should get a bidet. They've got some with heated seats and everything... very nice
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a major brand that has replacement parts readily available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top