Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 3:45:46 PM EDT
Hello Friends,

I'm looking to meet some one who has acquired an 80 percent lower and successfully
completed it. I received mine from https://www.tacticalmachining.com/ and I simply
want to get it right the first time. So I am reaching out to you all.

Thank you in advance,
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#1]
My 15 year old son said to me that he wanted to build an AR-15 and I
figured we might as well do it from an 80 percent lower. My 18 year old
daughter shoots too, as does her boyfriend, and his family. Maybe this
can turn into a series of builds!
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you want to know?

I'm near Tarpon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Great. I go to Tarpon regularly as we store our boat there. I would like to know which jig company you used and if you found it to be a good one. Did you have particular sticking points and so on. Do you think we could meet
To talk?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I used a Modulus Jig and followed their instructions.

I messed up one drilling the pilot holes by calculating the depth from the top of the lower instead of the top of the jig like I was supposed to.

It's straight forward.

Our biggest problem has been getting the end-mills to live through two lowers and to keep the mills from walking out of the router.

I'm open to a face-to-face if you want.  Be easier and faster to answer questions that way anyways.

Drop me an IM.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Great! Let me step into my Dr. appointment and I will then message you. Thanks a lot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top