Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2003 1:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2003 1:19:19 PM EDT by az-ar]
Woke up this morning with my dad yelling at me.

"Get out of bed, there is a natural gas leak!"

Great, just when I am trying to sleep in. Get up, get clothes on, walk by a couple of firefighters and get outside to the dairy office.

Apparently, some construction workers working here on expanding Dobson road hit a natural gas main. I could hear it all whooshing out as I went outside to the office. I could still hear it in the office too.

What a way to start the day, huh? Didn't help that they cut off one of our phone lines too in the process of nearly blowing everything up.

Damn city. Curse you urban sprawl!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:50:32 PM EDT
Do you know what engines showed up?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:57:52 PM EDT
... Good thing you're safe! Good thing that nice AR of yours didn't blow up either.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:23:18 PM EDT
I didn't get a look at the engines, so i don't know.

I am glad that all my babies are safe too. Would be a shame to lose my guns.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:03:28 PM EDT
Hell I am glad you woke up at all.

Natural gas leaks have a bad reputation for being underestimated and blowing up everything down wind.

I will be at the CG range Saturday 8/8/03 morning around daylight to practice for HP.

Come on out before the weekend loonys show up and we will kill some steel.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:54:52 PM EDT
I would like to, but i have to buy ammo at the show tomorrow and save what I have now for a trip to the White Mountains with some buddies. Thanks for the offer, I will be sure to take it up another time. I have been going to that range about 2x a week, usually in the afternoon, plinking w/ the AR and blasting w/ the shotgun and AK.
Top Top