Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2004 9:19:21 PM EST
I am a displaced Michigander, courtesy of Uncle Sam. I am looking for some info regarding my family ancestry. Please help!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:05:36 PM EST
Saginaw Chips have some real issues right now. The pay-off per member is about 40k, and the tribal government has a bunch of do-nothing jobs for the friends of the powerful. In order to stay in power the tribal government is cleaning house big time on people who might challenge them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:34:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By Happyshooter:
Saginaw Chips have some real issues right now. The pay-off per member is about 40k, and the tribal government has a bunch of do-nothing jobs for the friends of the powerful. In order to stay in power the tribal government is cleaning house big time on people who might challenge them.

......huh?......
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:04:54 PM EST
Each tribal member (with a card) takes home a free 40k per year just for being them (per card member, including children)

The tribal leaders make a hell of a lot more, and they also have set up high paying jobs with very little work required for their supporters.

They are cleaning the roles of carded members who do not support the current leaders.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:19:12 PM EST
I'm not really looking to get some money, (though your info was very good, I may have to look into it ), but I am looking for info regarding some of their older customs.

More specifically, what types of ornimantaion they used to wear/use on their body.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:48:37 PM EST
I honestly don't know.

I have never seen anyone in any indian gear on any of the chips reservations.

To be quite frank, people who live in northern Michigan and live in trailers and the like are called 'jack pine savages' because they collect welfare, get drunk, beat women, get high, and steal and poach (to supplement the welfare). In fact, things are so bad that no one can leave anything nice at all in any hunting cabins up north, and many people completely strip the cabins in the winter, down to pots and pans, because they will steal absolutely everything.

90% of the chips are jack pine savages, same as the white scumbags. In fact, they have interbred so much you can't tell who is who.

The chips just make a hell of a lot more welfare (40k extra per person), leading to things like a trailer yard full of new but trashed atvs and snowmobiles, and my personal favorite, the new couch and TV outside in the front yard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:01:28 AM EST
Now thats funny.
Top Top