Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:55:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By phillyd2 (in PA Hometown Forum):
Monday, February 06, 2006

U.S. Representative Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) recently introduced H.R. 4547--a national Right-to-Carry (RTC) reciprocity bill that would provide national reciprocity for state carry licensees.  The bill would allow any person with a valid carry permit or license issued by a state to carry a concealed firearm in any other state if they meet certain criteria.  The bill would not create a federal licensing system; it would simply require the states to recognize each others' carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses.

For more information on the bill, please visit www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=189

Please Support This!  Everyone call or write to their representative and urge them to offer their full support to H.R. 4547.

Everyone please tell your friends to support this as well.  I sure hope that the NRA is throwing their full weight into this one.

Edit: anyone have a listing of phone numbers, faxes, e-mails, and snail mail addresses for Representatives?

Edit:
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a great idea!  But states like NY don't have reciprocity with any other state and I can't see Schumer or Hilary or many of the state reps voting for this, No matter how many letters we write.  I have yet to get a reply from either of those two.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It shouldn't matter though, wont this bill force reciprocity nationwide anyway?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, if I understand it correctly.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh Man! I have a bunch of letters to write... Carpal Tunnel here I come!

Use this link, enter the state and zip code to find your Reps and contact them with an online form:
www.house.gov/writerep/
or
Use this to pick your Reps from the list, their contact info (phone, email, snail mail) is on their individual sites:
www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml

Isn't a national level Castle Doctrine in the works as well? It would be a huge blow to the Libbies who would rather good citzens lay down in their own homes and bleed than defend themselves.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If this bill actually passed, I would pay good money to be with Mayor Bloomberg when he find out that any out of stater or even one of his subjects (with an out of state florida licence) would be able to legally carry in his kingdom. This would be his worst nightmare. Most new yorkers would get out of state licenses and therefore not have to pay nassau $200 every five years or NYC ~$300 every three years. No more resticted licenses either.Secondly you wouldn't have to register your pistols on your florida licence. This bill could cause the liberal elite and lawmakers in NY to seize on the spot.

This has to be an NRA and republican priority before this years elections as some think that the democrats could capture more seats in congress.

Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I could rub one out dreaming about this, too.  I'd love to get an out of state unrestricted license and roam around free to bear arms (like God intended) in NY.

But the sad fact is that there is literally a snowball's chance in hell of ever seeing anything like this.

Sorry to piss on your parade.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I REALLY dont understand what Logic you people are applying.

After 10 years of the FEDERAL AWB , WHY would you want the Federal Gvt. to AGAIN  
overrule your own States Laws???

Oh , wait , you guys live in NewYorkistan.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]
This would make that Jerkoff Corzine stroke out right in front of his tv when the story broke.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#9]
You shouldn't laugh at those of us that live in New Yorkistan. With the exorbitant house prices in New York and especially Long Island, tons of elderly people looking to retire and even families with the typical middle class long island soccer mom are moving into organized communities in northern PA. These people tend to vote with and for liberal democrats. How long before liberal anti gun lawmakers start popping up in your state. You could be hearing "but this law is so reasonable only crazy NRA supporting gun nuts could ever possibly oppose it, just think of the children."

We need to support protective federal legislation like this because you won't want to put up with $200+ CCW permits that take 9 months to acquire, come loaded with restriction onn when and where you can carry and require purchase documents with firearm inspection prior to adding your pistol to your license. When that happens in PA., you'll want to be able to apply for an out of state CCW license (Florida etc.) to regain your 2nd ammendment right and stick it to your local politicians.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:50:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You shouldn't laugh at those of us that live in New Yorkistan. With the exorbitant house prices in New York and especially Long Island, tons of elderly people looking to retire and even families with the typical middle class long island soccer mom are moving into organized communities in northern PA. These people tend to vote with and for liberal democrats. How long before liberal anti gun lawmakers start popping up in your state. You could be hearing "but this law is so reasonable only crazy NRA supporting gun nuts could ever possibly oppose it, just think of the children."

That's exactly what happened when 35 years ago the same liberal douche bags fled NYC to the conservative counties of Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester. The first thing these idiots did was vote in the same Democrats that turned NYC into the liberal cesspool it is today. Now that they are older and can't afford to live there anymore they want to invade another area and do the same thing all over again. Dumb asses.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it's plainly obvious that this bill NEEDS OUR SUPPORT.  Sure, it may not pass, and sure, it's probably a pipe dream, but we can't sit by idly and not do anything to help it.  If it does pass it'd be a major victory for 2nd amendment supporters nationwide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top