Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 12:35:26 PM EDT

Monday, February 06, 2006

U.S. Representative Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) recently introduced H.R. 4547--a national Right-to-Carry (RTC) reciprocity bill that would provide national reciprocity for state carry licensees.  The bill would allow any person with a valid carry permit or license issued by a state to carry a concealed firearm in any other state if they meet certain criteria.  The bill would not create a federal licensing system; it would simply require the states to recognize each others' carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses.

For more information on the bill, please visit www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=189.

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121, and urge him or her to cosponsor and support H.R. 4547!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you think state(s) that requires some type of "qualification" for a CCW, are going to want to allow people from states that require no qualification (such as PA) to carry???
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know but well worth a letter of support to your Rep.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be writing to support this bill.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
definetly worth a letter even though Santorum will be for it but we need to make sure we write to Specter, even though he has been voting with us lately he doesn't always.  If you are only going to send one letter send it to Specter.

I doubt this bill will make it through but I would do anything to have it pass.  This would be bigger than letting the AWB sunset.

lets keep are fingers crossed and write our reps

I am OK at writing these kinds of letters but do any of you guys who have a way with words want to write a form letter for all of us to send
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#5]
SWEET. I'll be writing a letter later today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top