Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/22/2011 12:00:55 PM EST
Atlanta Expo center.

billed as GA's biggest. a bit out of the way for me. is it any better/different than your run of the mill atlanta gun show?
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:10:46 PM EST
I've never been to this show but RK's are generally the only gun shows
worth a crap. 2000 tables are advertised. Hell if its only half full it should be great!
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:19:42 PM EST
I plan on going so we will see.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:32:27 PM EST
I'm In !!
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:38:39 PM EST
Ill be there Sunday AM w/ Chopps, Grumpy and Boy Wonder
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 1:59:21 PM EST
I always look forward to this one, if it's like the one's before then absolutely worth the trip. I need to trade a few things and pick up a used .410 for one of the kids.

Maybe some ammo if someone has .17hmr low enough.

Much better then Eastman shows.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 2:20:58 PM EST
Are the dealers looking to wheel and deal with trade ins? I want to trade or sell my Barrett so I was thinking it might be worth wheeling it around the show.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 2:31:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By MOTO69JOE:
Are the dealers looking to wheel and deal with trade ins? I want to trade or sell my Barrett so I was thinking it might be worth wheeling it around the show.

I am drooing at the above ;)
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 3:14:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By chopps:

Me too, I just don't have the cash for it, YET.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 3:54:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By cdtracing:
Originally Posted By chopps:

Me too, I just don't have the cash for it, YET.

Hell,
I can't even say yet plus I would have no where to even shoot it ;(
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 4:46:48 PM EST
Always found something eventually at this show. And often sold or traded to add to the collection. Picked up a Polytech once for ~$500 from the original owner. Got to shoot it one of these days.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 4:47:20 PM EST
If any of you guys go, stop by the Chattahoochee Gun Works table. They are local to me being in Phenix City and are a couple of good guys
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 7:34:19 PM EST
See you all there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 7:35:35 PM EST
I usually go to this one. I guess I'll stay home.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 7:45:27 PM EST
School has me tied up this weekend. I love going to this show, never a disappointment. It looks like I'll be in the market for a M&P9 by Saturday, which is why I wish I could go to the show.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 2:03:08 AM EST
Anyone from Warner Robins/Macon plan to go and want to share a ride/gas costs? I'm not sure which day I'm going yet. I have a Ruger LCP I might want to trade off.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 2:36:18 AM EST
anyone know the hours? also, there is a coupon for $1.00 off admission here
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 4:12:15 AM EST
Do they have pat downs or metal detectors? Or lockers outside? I don't mind being unarmed at the show, but the walk back to the car is another thing...

Az
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 4:21:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By mattellis2:
anyone know the hours? also, there is a coupon for $1.00 off admission here

Atlanta Expo Center
3650 Jonesboro Road
Exit 55 off I-285

Show Hours:
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm

Per there website below,
http://www.rkshows.com/south/georgia.htm
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 5:48:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By AzB:
Do they have pat downs or metal detectors? Or lockers outside? I don't mind being unarmed at the show, but the walk back to the car is another thing...

Az

I think like any gun show, you have to declare, unload your weapon and the officers at the door will zip tie it open i think.....could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 7:09:57 AM EST
No loaded guns. They catch you - you get banned. Just get there early and get a good parking place.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 1:43:01 PM EST
Anyone know if they are still doing construction near 166 on 75/85 ?
I went to the DOT website and could not find anything either.
TIA
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 2:07:33 AM EST
The walk from /to your car is safe there. Even a crack head would be afraid to rob someone when surrounded by a hundred guys carrying guns, even if they are supposed to be unloaded. The real danger is someone accidentally shooting you. Years ago I worked gun shows, I have seen 4 rounds go off inside the buildings
The strangest one was a person dropped a bag of 40s on the cement floor and two rounds detonated. I always considered centerfire ammo safe to carry loose and I wasn't especially careful about handling them rough. That changed ......
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 8:35:23 AM EST
Just got back. It was OK. 2000 tables... hell no but better than most shows. 5 billion AR-15 rifles and only two of what I was looking for, 10/22 w/threaded barrel. Prices were a little higher than online or at the local gun shop. Ghost triggers was there and would install triggers while you wait. I'm kicking myself not bringing my G35, might even go out there tomorrow to get it done.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:29:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By gyppo:
The walk from /to your car is safe there. Even a crack head would be afraid to rob someone when surrounded by a hundred guys carrying guns, even if they are supposed to be unloaded. The real danger is someone accidentally shooting you. Years ago I worked gun shows, I have seen 4 rounds go off inside the buildings
The strangest one was a person dropped a bag of 40s on the cement floor and two rounds detonated. I always considered centerfire ammo safe to carry loose and I wasn't especially careful about handling them rough. That changed ......

The former president of GCO had two pistols stolen from a locked compartment of his locked truck at that very show location a few years back by some undocumented democrats. The ATF still refuses to let him have them back.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:33:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By wilezcoyote:
Originally Posted By gyppo:

The former president of GCO had two pistols stolen from a locked compartment of his locked truck at that very show location a few years back by some undocumented democrats. The ATF still refuses to let him have them back.

For some reason I thought he got them back.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:59:01 AM EST
the show was awful. not a single bit of reloading stuff other that the crap georgia arms has, which is all junk. everything is over priced, as per the gun show rules. private party sales were the only thing that was happening yesterday. cherokee didn't have any slidefire stocks
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:03:02 AM EST
As of about 8 am Sunday Morning, all lanes Southside I285 going East of I75 towards Jonesboro Road ARE SHUT DOWN!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:43:21 AM EST
geez, based on the last two posts, i am glad i skipped it!

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:56:41 AM EST
I came through at 0915 and never slowed down until I hit the off ramp.

Good crowd, I saw several deals going yesterday and this morning.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:05:53 AM EST
I enjoyed the half of the show I saw.

Sorry for the drama Chris
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 10:23:36 AM EST
Originally Posted By ExKalifornian:

Oh yeah you are a DRAMA QUEEN !!
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:47:40 PM EST

Dude with what happened there ain't no drama possible.

It was, as always, great to see and talk to the HTF'ers. I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and let you all know Sandy and I really appreciate everybody's support.

With some hard work I hope to continue to enable the fine folks here in their "black crack" habit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:54:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By cdtracing:

Dude with what happened there ain't no drama possible.

It was, as always, great to see and talk to the HTF'ers. I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and let you all know Sandy and I really appreciate everybody's support.

With some hard work I hope to continue to enable the fine folks here in their "black crack" habit.

Oh I hate you but, love you to.
Be safe and hope to see you soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:57:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By buckwheat762:
the show was awful. not a single bit of reloading stuff other that the crap georgia arms has, which is all junk. everything is over priced, as per the gun show rules. private party sales were the only thing that was happening yesterday. cherokee didn't have any slidefire stocks

The trading place in Monroe had a SF stock last week FYI. Only thing I bought at the show was a box of 22 CB long and a 50 cal ammo can. I did do a trade and scored a sweet FN FAL 50.00 as a private transaction. Cheerokee had same good prices and were really busy around 3pm.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:30:28 PM EST

The trading place in Monroe had a SF stock last week FYI. Only thing I bought at the show was a box of 22 CB long and a 50 cal ammo can. I did do a trade and scored a sweet FN FAL 50.00 as a private transaction. Cheerokee had same good prices and were really busy around 3pm.

You could have bought the display slide fire they had...
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:31:02 PM EST
I picked up a Mosin Nagant 91/59
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:49:54 PM EST
Went Sat after lunch. Place was packed. It was a big show compaired to the last few I've been to. $12 to get in was pretty steep. All in all it was worth the drive. I picked up 1K rounds of range fodder at the Ga Arms booth and I think I need to go into that business fo sho. When I walked up to their tables they were 3 deep in customers standing in line so I walked around until the line died down. Finally got in line to make my purchase and go home, There were about 5 or 6 people in front of me, by the time I got checked out I counted about $3300 in sales within about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:20:34 AM EST
Only thing i just had to have was a yhm phantom mount. Now i need another rifle and a ti phantom
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:57:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By foreman2000:

i must have missed it, i could not find a single stock walking all around their table. oh well i guess i didnt need to spend 350 anyways.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:47:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By foreman2000:

i must have missed it, i could not find a single stock walking all around their table. oh well i guess i didnt need to spend 350 anyways.

They were right by the Laptop playing the demo DVD. That was next to the huge glass case of suppressors.

Either way, they have plenty in stock.

Rich
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:47:34 AM EST
I was going to go, but opted out after hearing the reviews. I'm hoping for a great show in the near future (guess that counts out the Eastman shows).
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:12:24 PM EST
There are some slidefire stocks up at the forsyth pawn shop. Call em and see what they want for em if they are close enough to you.

I hit the show in Cumming, at the antiques market. 8 bucks to get in. I hadn't been to a gun show in maybe 5 years.

I had a pretty honest shopping list, and came up zilch on every single item.

BCG, paracord, m9 bayonet, 230 grain .45 cal projectiles to reload with, some rcbs primer popper pins. Not one of those items. I'd think that any decent show would have a few of those items. I wasn't being fussy, or cheap, they just didn't have a single one of them.

I did get a bag of spicy cracklins that were tough as anything.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:40:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2011 5:41:30 PM EST by TooBigToFail]

Last week Trading Place in Monroe had like 5 of them . So tempting with ammo prices finally going down.

And traffic on 285 was teh suck. Right lane closed in two separate places with just 1 truck doing.... something. F'in GDOT.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:05:00 PM EST
A little late to this party, but i didn't find anything I had to have. It was good to see Chris again, and I met MedicOC and RunsWithScissors.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:58:36 AM EST
Was there set up as a private party sales table. Had some guns and a lot of gun things.

Saw two ARF commers there - one with just an arfcome BFL shirt and one with GA HTF shirt. Said hello, but they just walked on by.

The show was about 800 tables. Kind of disappointing for us but oh well. We made about 1k collectivly both days.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:56:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By 83rdrecon:
Was there set up as a private party sales table. Had some guns and a lot of gun things.

Saw two ARF commers there - one with just an arfcome BFL shirt and one with GA HTF shirt. Said hello, but they just walked on by.

The show was about 800 tables. Kind of disappointing for us but oh well. We made about 1k collectivly both days.

I definitely missed you man, that sucks. Must've been distracted, probly by the girls at the zombie table. I wore my htf shirt. You should've thrown something at me, would've been nice to catch up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:38:30 PM EST
00Leland00 I must have met you too. If you were in the green shirt, full beard? I stopped you and commented on your shirt.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:45:41 PM EST
I think I saw your table, I had on the Red UGA T-Shirt and Jeans.....that really doesnt narrow it down I know. Were you towards the back?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:34:05 PM EST
00Leland00 I must have met you too. If you were in the green shirt, full beard? I stopped you and commented on your shirt.

I don't think so...full beard would be a little much, lol. It was just barely growing in. But I was wearing my OD HTF shirt...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:45:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By 00leland00:
A little late to this party, but i didn't find anything I had to have. It was good to see Chris again, and I met MedicOC and RunsWithScissors.

Was good to meet you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top