Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2010 6:11:02 AM EDT
Just wondering what yalls thoughts are on this story. I'm not exactly the biggest Sooner fan, but why the hell
Are they gonna change even one word to suit the theme of the event? I don't like it personally.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:02:40 AM EDT
I don't like it either, but then I'm a Longhorn fan.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:33:28 AM EDT
Sooner arrogance is boundless.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:44:35 AM EDT
Did a google search a bit ago, found out a lot of other schools tweat it to suit their school and games.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:21:21 AM EDT
It should come as no surprise that I don't like it either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:41:05 AM EDT
it's a bunch of shit, but then there's the fucks that don't stand and are able to for the national anthem either.

don't know about the rest of ya'll but I still get a bit teary eyed when I hear the anthem sung[cry]

same deal with the pledge of allegence, when I was kid starting in school in the 70's, the teacher carried the flag and all the kids marched around the class room reciting the pledge, then as we got older we all stood every morning before class, faced the flag and recited the pledge, and continued on all through highschool.

of course there in the mid eighty's political correctness came in and some teacher's allowed some of the students to sit and not participate if they didn't want to.

I had a geography teacher (vietnam vet) in the mid eighty's that told our class that when he first began teaching in the early seventy's patriotism was damn low, but all the students still receited the pledge, that it was his opinion that patriotism was at that time (mid eighty's) higher than he'd ever seen it since he was a kid in the fourty's and fifty's, he was the only teacher that had a portrait of Reagan on the wall of his classroom, he was also the only teacher that had those that didn't want to participate in the plegde stand in the hall until the rest of the class had recited it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:26:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ndenway:
it's a bunch of shit, but then there's the fucks that don't stand and are able to for the national anthem either.

don't know about the rest of ya'll but I still get a bit teary eyed when I hear the anthem sung[cry]

same deal with the pledge of allegence, when I was kid starting in school in the 70's, the teacher carried the flag and all the kids marched around the class room reciting the pledge, then as we got older we all stood every morning before class, faced the flag and recited the pledge, and continued on all through highschool.

of course there in the mid eighty's political correctness came in and some teacher's allowed some of the students to sit and not participate if they didn't want to.

I had a geography teacher (vietnam vet) in the mid eighty's that told our class that when he first began teaching in the early seventy's patriotism was damn low, but all the students still receited the pledge, that it was his opinion that patriotism was at that time (mid eighty's) higher than he'd ever seen it since he was a kid in the fourty's and fifty's, he was the only teacher that had a portrait of Reagan on the wall of his classroom, he was also the only teacher that had those that didn't want to participate in the plegde stand in the hall until the rest of the class had recited it.

When I was in school, we also recited the pledge, even in HS. Ever since I enlisted, I have yet to get through the National Anthem with a dry eye, the part of "And the rockets red glare.." kicks it off for me. Hell even when I was in HS in MCJROTC (yes I was in jrotc in HS) we would do "pep rally" color guards, my best friend and I were the flag bearers, he would hold the American flag and I would hold the Marine Corps flag and two other cadets were rifle (demilled M14s) bearers, none of us could hold pridefull tears back. But we didn't go around shouting "and the home of the GENERALS!!" I went to U.S. Grant with the old semi-condemed building.
Even when me and my buddy watch NASCAR we stand up in the privacy of his home and show respect. That's just how we were taught.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:36:11 AM EDT
US Grant HS .........that explains it
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:22:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SuzookKING:
US Grant HS .........that explains it

Ya ya... guess I walked in to that one to
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:22:43 PM EDT
OU SUCKS!!

and their fans are a bunch of 'necks
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:10:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ndenway:

Not sure why, but this made me laugh out loud! Nden never has a problem with someone misunderstanding what he means!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:12:29 PM EDT
I have season tickets this year, and I will yell, "BRAVE" at the end at every game. But, then again, I'm an OSU fan who is married to an OU fan........
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:15:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By patrickcudd:
I have season tickets this year, and I will yell, "BRAVE" at the end at every game. But, then again, I'm an OSU fan who is married to an OU fan........

Not sure if it should feel sorry for you or call you a traitor

Then again, my mom was in the same boat, she is osu and my dad is ou... I'm stuck in the middle
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:19:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LARman0311:

Then again, my mom was in the same boat, she is osu and my dad is ou... I'm stuck in the middle

I feel your pain! I actually went to both, but I like OSU better. This weekend, I will be faced with the same problem...I went to USAFA and OU.... I guess I'll remain neutral!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:55:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LARman0311:

I feel your pain! I actually went to both, but I like OSU better. This weekend, I will be faced with the same problem...I went to USAFA and OU.... I guess I'll remain neutral!

You could always root for the winner
Top Top