Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 10:00:59 PM EDT
I am planning a trip to Nashville area in the near future. I was going to try and plan it the same weekend as Bill Goodmans.. we have two BGG&KS here in Southwest Ohio and they have declined in the past few years. just wondering if the Nashville show is any good or should I just pick a random weekend for the trip.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
"Good" depends on what you're looking for. J&T Sales is usually there with a boatload of AR upper goodies as well as AR parts. Good folks, good prices.

"Darryl's Guns" always has a shitload of gently used S&W & Colt revolvers. He ain't cheap but DAMN! his guns are sweet!  

The Gun Crew offers guns that are hard to find as well as premium 1911s & a shitload of AR's from all sorts of mfgrs.

Coupla ammo dealers offer not-common caliber ammo offerings that one usually has to go on-line to find/buy.

Some of THE best en-FO-tainment is when our own Ironhand John acts as a human jackass magnet & hilarity ensues.  

Be advised, our ASSHOLE Nashville mayor has implemented a $5 per vehicle parking fee. Couple that with a $10 admission fee & you're spending ammo $$ before you even get in the place. I suggest you buddy up to split the parking, IMO.  

All in all, the Goodman shows beats a sharp stick in the eye.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Sadly, there are very few good gun shows in the country anymore.  Nashville is a great town, come on down anytime

EDIT: Come on Bob, leave John alone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I'll be there.
Thanks guys. I'll drop a line when I descide when to come down, maybe somebody can help me find a beer after the show.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I'll be there.
Thanks guys. I'll drop a line when I descide when to come down, maybe somebody can help me find a beer after the show.
View Quote

Y'all talk as if there is a gun show in Nashville every week? Memphis only has one once a quarter or some similar.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Be advised, our ASSHOLE Nashville mayor has implemented a $5 per vehicle parking fee. Couple that with a $10 admission fee & you're spending ammo $$ before you even get in the place. I suggest you buddy up to split the parking, IMO.  
View Quote

I heard that his latest stunt was trying to get somebody appointed to the fair board, who had previously been one of the more outspoken people calling for the fairgrounds to be shut down.

Asshole is going to keep trying to close the fairgrounds and the track, so it can be sold off to his real estate developer buddies.  Doesn't seem to care that the voters already voted to make it harder for him to close the fairgrounds.  The fairgrounds aren't the greatest place for a gun show, but they easily beat some of the other places that gun shows have been held in the area.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Y'all talk as if there is a gun show in Nashville every week? Memphis only has one once a quarter or some similar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once a month according to the schedule I have.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

EDIT: Come on Bob, leave John alone.
View Quote

Ain't started yet................  

John is a friend of mine & he knows I'm just yanking his chain. But he IS an asshole magnet, I've seen it happen virtually every show I've been to where he's there. Assholes seem to be able to find him from anywhere & everywhere. John does nothing but act his usual sweet self..............    
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

No show in either Sept r August, can't remember which. Goodman used to do TWO shows in July & Dec................  

We still have shows in Murf once a qtr or so & twice a year in Franklin (latter not worth going to, IMO). Used to also have them in Hendersonville. Oh, yes, we have them in Lebanon (not worth seeing) & Dickson (so-so).
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I sold two guns at the last Goodman show.

I spent all the money, plus $800, within a week.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah, but did you at least buy more guns or perhaps a large cache of ammo?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was happy with an SKS I bought off some ARFcom'er.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:42:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He was pretty shady looking.  Didn't fit in at the show.  

Bet he was a damn Yankee.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah hem..."Damn Yankee"  in the room...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Ted Nugent was a Damn Yankee
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ted Nugent was a Damn Yankee
View Quote

Not his best work
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No show in either Sept r August, can't remember which. Goodman used to do TWO shows in July & Dec................  

We still have shows in Murf once a qtr or so & twice a year in Franklin (latter not worth going to, IMO). Used to also have them in Hendersonville. Oh, yes, we have them in Lebanon (not worth seeing) & Dickson (so-so).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RK shows aren't worth a damn anymore, mainly due to poor choice in locations. Hendersonville Expo Center jacked up the rates for gun shows, which led to their end. The Murfreesboro Expo Center is a dump, literally. The summer show was dark, hot, had bolts sticking up out of the floor from the previous occupant's equipment, and piss/water overflowing on the restroom floors. The Franklin shows have to be creative in their setup of tables, so as to not look almost empty. Not long ago the arena level was full, and there were vendors ringing the upper level, as well. It's sad that in a city that prides itself on its convention centers and expo halls, that our gun shows are held in dumps.

There were only two events that involved me getting into altercations with idiots, Bob. The first was your fault, as well as your boss's. Tell an irritating customer to "Go over there and talk to that Indian", is a sure-fire way to stir the shit, and resulted in me threatening to stuff him in a trash can.

The other was a low-baller who asked a few stupid questions about a Sig P220R I was carrying.

*Points to Sig box under IHJ's arm*...

"Are you selling a Sig or just the box?"

A few smart-ass answers when it became apparent that he wasn't looking to buy anything led to him telling me to "Stick that Sig up 'yer ass..", which is a bad idea. He got the message that he should just leave after a few choice words from me, keeping a mace(the stick with the metal spiked ball on the end) that was sitting on a vendor's table close by. That guy and I have a good laugh about it now, since I see him at almost every show since it happened.

Other than that, it's been just peachy at the gun shows, Bob. Nothing crazy happens when I work Mike's tables, except for the odd senile attendee or the woman with huge...... tracts of land... that wants top $$ for her stuff. I tried my best to keep her hanging around for as long as possible, everything except for buying her the HK USP45 she was drooling over.

I think you are the source of the drama, dude.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

RK shows aren't worth a damn anymore, mainly due to poor choice in locations. Hendersonville Expo Center jacked up the rates for gun shows, which led to their end. The Murfreesboro Expo Center is a dump, literally. The summer show was dark, hot, had bolts sticking up out of the floor from the previous occupant's equipment, and piss/water overflowing on the restroom floors. The Franklin shows have to be creative in their setup of tables, so as to not look almost empty. Not long ago the arena level was full, and there were vendors ringing the upper level, as well. It's sad that in a city that prides itself on its convention centers and expo halls, that our gun shows are held in dumps.

There were only two events that involved me getting into altercations with idiots, Bob. The first was your fault, as well as your boss's. Tell an irritating customer to "Go over there and talk to that Indian", is a sure-fire way to stir the shit, and resulted in me threatening to stuff him in a trash can.

The other was a low-baller who asked a few stupid questions about a Sig P220R I was carrying.

A few smart-ass answers when it became apparent that he wasn't looking to buy anything led to him telling me to "Stick that Sig up 'yer ass..", which is a bad idea. He got the message that he should just leave after a few choice words from me, keeping a mace(the stick with the metal spiked ball on the end) that was sitting on a vendor's table close by. That guy and I have a good laugh about it now, since I see him at almost every show since it happened.

Other than that, it's been just peachy at the gun shows, Bob. Nothing crazy happens when I work Mike's tables, except for the odd senile attendee or the woman with huge...... tracts of land... that wants top $$ for her stuff. I tried my best to keep her hanging around for as long as possible, everything except for buying her the HK USP45 she was drooling over.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhh. Good times.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I never heard of the "talk to the Indian" thing before. I'm not saying it didn't happen, only I never heard of it. Regardless, *I* had nothing to do with it.  

Besides, who wants to let the truth get in the way of a good story in arfcom, eh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top