Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2009 7:18:35 PM EDT
THE RELIEF DRIVE HAS SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDED. A PARTING THANKS HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE BOTTOM.

Ok folks, here it is.

I already posted this in GD, so I'll put the link here.

The short and skinny is that, with family permission, I am starting a Wal-Mart gift card drive.  Since Jeff City has a full grocery inside their Supercenter, I don't want them to have to worry about this for a while.

Here is the link.  Please consider being a part of it.  This is not to conflict with the idea of getting Justin a new 1911.  This is a way that our community, as spread out as it is, can make an immediate impact on the family and provide some real relief.

I look forward to hearing from each of you.

Joe

Gift Card Drive in GD

*****UPDATE*****

For everyone’s information, yesterday and today I have received the first batch of cards in the mail. I will be forwarding them on to the family tomorrow. The nice thing, which actually surprised me a little, is that some people have opted to donate in other ways other than just gift cards. You know who you are and I thank you for that. It will give Justin and the family options in how they think best to use the donation.

I will keep ya’ll updated. KEEP EM COMIN!

As one person said in the letter they placed in the envelope, this is a great way for our small community to get involved with helping out. Thanks folks!
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I just PayPal you $$$ Joe?

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Not on this one.  I don't have an account and it will just be easier this way.  Let me know if you are still interested and I'll IM you the address to send it to.  I believe that you can just have it shipped to me from the website.

Quoted:
Can I just PayPal you $$$ Joe?

PursuitSS

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Bumpity, bump.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not open a account for Nascar or his wife?  I would feel better if we could send the cards directly to Nascar also.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 3:48:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why not open a account for Nascar or his wife?  I would feel better if we could send the cards directly to Nascar also.

Since he is the victim of a violent crime, his address remains anonymous.  Being a  policeman, I have no problem taking care of this for my best friend.  Those that know me, know that they can trust me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since he is the victim of a violent crime, his address remains anonymous.  Being a  policeman, I have no problem taking care of this for my best friend.  Those that know me, know that they can trust me.

Kujoe as the POC works for me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if I trust you man...
you are a COP afterall!
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
If it makes some of you any difference, I trust beltfedmgs and kujoe with my life.

For the record, I didn't put either of these yahoos up to this.  They and my family had to make me understand that people wanted to help and that I should let them do so if that's what made them happy.

The generosity and positive comments toward me and my family are overwhelming.  

I only hope that I can repay your kindness someday.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If it makes some of you any difference, I trust beltfedmgs and kujoe with my life.

For the record, I didn't put either of these yahoos up to this.  They and my family had to make me understand that people wanted to help and that I should let them do so if that's what made them happy.

You already have by surviving the ordeal.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You can by healing up!

Link Posted: 10/20/2009 4:04:43 AM EDT
[#11]
bump
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#12]
bump
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Wally World gift card went out with yesterday's mail.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Sent it out on Monday.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE BUMP!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
BUMP!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#17]
HEY!  BELTFED IS BACK!
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
HEY!  BELTFED IS BACK!

Link Posted: 10/22/2009 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
HEY!  BELTFED IS BACK!

Believe it or not, I actually missed him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
HEY!  BELTFED IS BACK!

Believe it or not, I actually missed him.

I did too...
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Ladies and Gentlemen:

This will update you on where we stand in the relief effort for the Nascar3n8fan (Blitz_308) drive.

As of today, I have received 26 donations.  I am humbled at the response to help Justin’s family.  My goal at the beginning of this drive was to put together enough of a gift to cover the groceries and basic needs of the family for one month.

I am pleased to announce that once I have received letters from all those that have pledged to help, we will have reached and exceeded that goal.

With this in mind, I will be closing off the thread at the end of this week (Friday October 30th).  If there are still some of you who wish to take part in this effort, please contact me before the end of the week.

The generosity of AR15.com has been wonderful.  Thank you all.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an extra Glock 17 he could use  till he gets a replacement. I'm in the KC area just let me know by pm if he wants it. I would hate to be without a handgun in these stressful times.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Joe,
I think I speak for most when I say, we will support him until he gets back on his feet. My donation will be in route tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok folks.  Today is the last day if anyone is interested in lending a hand to Justin.

Drop me a line.  I’m gonna pull the plug in a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I received a thank you card from Blitz_308 today although I think it was written by Mrs. Blitz_308 as the handwriting looked way to neat.

Shucks, the card was not needed but very nice...
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#26]
It is with a humble heart that I offer the following:

My family and I have been in the grips of tragedy in the recent past. As a result, the community in which I live came together to help me get through both times. Though I was reluctant to accept help and “charity,” I know that I could not have gotten through without the help of people who were total strangers to us. With that, I learned that in my community, we have no strangers, only friends I have not met.

It is in the same light that we, as an ARFCOM community came together for Justin. I myself am happy to help out a brother in need, especially since I have been helped so many times… often by him. Justin is one of the special ones, and we almost lost him.

To the ARFCOM family, I wish to express my deepest and most heartfelt thanks for everyone coming together to help Justin and his family. Everyone gave a little, which amounted to the whole being able to give a lot! We pulled together and have been able to provide for the family with one month’s worth of expenses. This, in a sense, is one of the purposes of community. We were all able to contribute to the recovery of someone who made a selfless act, put his own life on the line, for several of his friends. Christ once said, “There is no greater love than this, for one to lay down his life for his neighbor.” Thank you Lord for allowing Justin to pull through this event.

Ladies and Gentlemen, together, (so far, because I have yet to receive all the letters), we have been able to provide $1430.00. Thank you to the following for being generous. (This list is by no means meant to make anyone feel ashamed for not being able to help. I know a kind word of support for Justin in the thread detailing his event meant just as much to him as anything that could have been sent.)

GoGop
JB1
GaryM
OhioLibertarian
Jeep450
Compass and Blund
Pantherarms
Strat81
A friend from Lake St. Louis
Brother_Kane
RJTCCW
Someassemblyrequired
MGVINCE
Dk-Prof
A friend from La Porte, TX
K1K
Whiteshark357
Schmoopy and Donkey Strong
Delorean
Gerfungerpoken
Roadhawk
KC215
Wildapple
Colt_sporter
Muddawggin
1911ZOSO
Storm6436
RBTHNTR64
TheCaliforniaKid
A friend from Lebanon, PA
_Soggy_
nanachkh
Forgetfull
C-4
A friend from San Antonio, TX
Strykwolf
A friend from Locust Grove, VA
Heatnbeat

I personally thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for helping me to make this Gift Card Drive a success. As the letters come in, I will update the list and total.

I hope it is not too early for me to say that I wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving and a Blessed Holiday Season.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank you Joe for putting this together!  Ditto on "this is what Community is all about"  Justin is a great guy, and now a Hero to his friends.  His selfless act has shown the world who he really is.  The core person.  Godspeed to you Justin!  Do what the Docs tell ya, and get healed up, so we can bust those coy dogs we talked about!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Bump for updated totals and contribution list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top