Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2008 6:51:09 AM EDT
This will be on private property. It is located by the Specht's store, just south of Bulverde. All safe shooters are welcome. There will be some MG' and tannerite there as well. Bring 9mm and .223 if you want to shoot the MG's. We can get dinner at Specks store after we shoot. This will be fun- Art
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I might be in, depending on if i can afford ammo
Any more info as to where it is?
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on going.  I get up for work at 4:30 in the morning, so I won't stay real late, but I'd love to stop by.  My firearms haven't been used in...  well, I can't remember the last time I fired any of mine

IM sent...
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I might be in, depending on if i can afford ammo
Any more info as to where it is?

Look up Specht's store on the internet. I think they have a good map. I have no idea how to post a map.- Art
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
you mind if me and the wife come by?  she is a police cadet and could use some mg experience.  We'll bring her SBR and lots of ammo.

IM sent
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I might show up. I have an interview in San Antonio in the morning and they said it may take all day. If I do show up I'll bring my Sendra and your glasses that I borrowed for my little brother almost a year ago. I've also got a new EOTech I wanted to sight in on my colt if there is time.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe it's looking like we will be meeting in the Specht's parking lot at roughly 5:45pm. I'm sure Rugerdog will be along shortly to confirm.

It would probably be easiest that way since Specht's is not difficult to locate for someone who hasn't been before.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I might show up. I have an interview in San Antonio in the morning and they said it may take all day. If I do show up I'll bring my Sendra and your glasses that I borrowed for my little brother almost a year ago. I've also got a new EOTech I wanted to sight in on my colt if there is time.

You better show up!
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be in the parking lot across from Specht's store between 5:45p and 6:00p. If you miss me, just follow the sound of freedom. I will be in my red F-250 or my beat up silver Corrolla.- Art
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I am a strong maybe.
Wives yay or nay?
I had access to an old refridgerator last week but its gone.
We tannerited a fridge in Phoenix with my BIL and the sheriff showed up.
He kindly asked us to pack it up and go.
Blew the doors right off. We did a triple dose
TV's are fun too.
I am in Burnet Co. so there is a fuel $$$ issue.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I had already told my wife she could come by, but she is 8 months pregnant and will just be watching from a distance if there's space there. Should I tell her to stay home, she's been disapointed becouse we didn't get the M-16 untill after I knocked her up so she hasn't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll bring some home-made tannerite....
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Gonna have to go buy some ammo now, will be bringing my silenced 9mm 1911 but sounds like there will be some nice guns out there
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd DEFINITELY go if I had money for ammo and didn't work from 5 to 9.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey Art, does Ryan know about this??
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's to hoping the rain will hold off.

It was coming down in sheets at I-10and 1604 about an hour ago.  It was moving West, so it may stay to the South of the shoot?
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Here's to hoping the rain will hold off.

To hell with the rain. Let's shoot in the mud and get all wet and dirty. FREEDOM!

No threats appear imminent
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, the rain seems: sporadic, heavy, brief, and isolated. If it does rain it probably won't last long. Most of it appears to be north of San Antonio anyways.

So, what do you guys think? Go or No Go?
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I just spoke with rugerdog and he said he would show up in the red F-250 sometime before
6 pm. He also said the owner of the property was caught in traffic just like he is. So the Shoot is a Go, it's just gonna start a little later. Should be fun.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Good times!
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Wish I could have joined everyone.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#23]
One thing we all agreed on, rugerdog you are a funny son of a bitch.
Was a fun shoot
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 1:34:51 AM EDT
[#24]
I had an awesome time.

Just amde it back home. I wish theyd hurry up and get that whole startrek transporter shit going...
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 5:27:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I had an awesome time.

Just amde it back home. I wish theyd hurry up and get that whole startrek transporter shit going...

Ya, well I amde home before you.

I had a really fun time.
Never Summer, can you tell my wife that I am funny? She thinks I'm an ass
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#26]
meh, it was alright. None of the tannerite lit and the guns jammed.

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Good times.  Thanks for having the shoot.  My wife an I had a great time.  Nothing like guns, beer, and explosives that go off 20% of the time.  Keeps you on your toes.  I'll post some pics and vid when I get it uploaded.

We'll be in Bulverde again at the Texas Tactial Carbine Match on Saturday.

Thanks,
TJ & Kat
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#28]
*waves from the sidelines*

Thanks guys!

Had fun as well!  TJ mentioned video.  I'll try to host is somewhere that y'all can get and download it if you want.  We weren't just photo-ing, video-ing each other, I got a bunch of y'all as well.  It may take me a few days though.

I don't get out much lately because of academy, and I honestly can't see a better way to celebrate the 4th!  Thanks again for letting us come out too.

http://www.listmequick.com/SID/yippee.gif http://www.listmequick.com/SID/yippee.gif http://www.listmequick.com/SID/yippee.gif

Kat
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had an awesome time.

Ya, well I amde home before you.

I had a really fun time.
Never Summer, can you tell my wife that I am funny? She thinks I'm an ass

Your wife is smart.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm just glad you younger folks went down the hill to set up targets. I never would have made it back up.

It was a good time!
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I'd rank it as one of the best local get-togethers in a long time - Met some good people, got a chance to shoot RD's M16, killed many rocks, launched half a dozen rounds in the general direction of some Tannerite, and didn't see any examples of unsafe gun handling or range stupidity. It was an excellent shoot.

Biggest disappointment: Didn't get a chance to meet any on-duty members of the local law enforcement community...
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'm just glad you younger folks went down the hill to set up targets. I never would have made it back up.

Sure! I like running. The only bad part was when Andy was going to throw me a tannerite bottle and it somehow flew backwards. Then it bounced off the tree in mid arc. Third time was the charm.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#33]
That was a great shoot!  Definitely the best ARF SATX meet I've attended.

A big thanks to everyone that came and shared their toys and an even bigger thanks to the hosts!

Stand by, I'm going to try getting a few pictures up.

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Here's a few.  As always; if you see your picture up and want it removed, please IM me ASAP.

ETA:  For some reason, my pictures always get grainy when I upload them.  My apologies.

Link Posted: 7/4/2008 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn, I love dumping that beta C-mag! I had a great time and it was nice meeting you all. Next time I'll bring more than one gun and not take so long setting up ballons.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure! I like running. The only bad part was when Andy was going to throw me a tannerite bottle and it somehow flew backwards. Then it bounced off the tree in mid arc. Third time was the charm.

You know, I actually did play baseball as a kiddie.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#37]
More pics?
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
...and didn't see any examples of unsafe gun handling...

In each of these photos, the second individual from the left appears to be violating the 'laser rule' and covering his own foot with a weapon:

Quoted:
Biggest disappointment: Didn't get a chance to meet any on-duty members of the local law enforcement community...

Then just invite them next time. RugerDog and I spoke today, and he said he would call and do that next time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Seriously.

Quoted:
More pics?

If individuals are going to pour over photos in an effort to convince themselves that they'll find examples of safety violations, I won't be posting any more.

Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Seriously.

Quoted:
More pics?

If individuals are going to pour over photos in an effort to convince themselves that they'll find examples of safety violations, I won't be posting any more.

Chips, turn your sarcasm meter on! I hope he was joking. I guess if you post some more pics we will find out.- Art
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...and didn't see any examples of unsafe gun handling...

In each of these photos, the second individual from the left appears to be violating the 'laser rule' and covering his own foot with a weapon:
i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh167/thisemail321/1.jpg
i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh167/thisemail321/4.jpg

Are you serious?

I'm the guy in the blue shirt and skibane is the guy watching me fondle his vepr.

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I guess if you post some more pics we will find out.- Art
Ask and you shall receive.  Here's a few more

Sorry it's taken me so long, BTW.  

Who needs Tannerite when you have a moving target?

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#43]
that was a fun shoot, but now im getting rid of my 1911 for something a little more reliable.
My ar still isnt together yet
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I was just trying to warn you guys what can happen when you point guns at your feet:
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Man, I had to miss this one because of week and because I didn't get paid until afterward so I couldn't have bought any ammo.

Lemme know about the next one, all right?
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I was just trying to warn you guys what can happen when you point guns at your feet:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/AaronDM4/Gun.jpg

HOLY MOLY!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#47]
whens the next shoot? i just got my first ar put together
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top