Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:39:20 PM EDT
With the 2006 legislative session just around the corner we need to get prepared to fight the next wave of anti-gun bills that are sure to surface.

If you haven't already done so I urge you to join the "New York State Rifle and Pistol Association"

To join and stay informed please visit nysrpa.org

To donate please visit www.rpa-pac.org

$20. The cost of a box of pistol ammo, a couple boxes of shells, or a brick of .22s. It doesn't sound like a lot of money. But if everybody who visited this site over the last year had contributed $20 we could wage war against antigun legislators in Albany and across the state. They would have to spend millions trying to defend their disgraceful record. There wouldn't be talks about increasing fees and renewable pistol licenses. New York, including New York City, would become the next right to carry state.

Your gun rights are worth $20 a year, aren't they?

Send your check or money order payable to "RPA-PAC" to:

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association
c/o Patrick W. Brophy, RPA-PAC Treasurer
P.O. Box 1023
Troy, New York 12181-1023

Also Note:
You don't have to be from NY to donate. If you live in a "free" state and would like to help our cause please do so. Remember... If we can defeat the anit-gun crowd in New York and California we can STOP their movement dead in its tracks.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:09:49 AM EDT
You should also support NY Scope and don't forget your membership in the NRA!

www.scopeny.org/membership.html

Please use this link to join the NRA as it supports the Orange County Shooters website. You also get a $10 discount on a yearly membership and if you're really cheap you can join for $10 (no magazine).

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=XI015842

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:05:22 AM EDT
Thank you for that addition.

I think our number one goal should be to make sure that Spitzer doesn't get elected gov.

Talk is cheap guys... we need to show the lawmakers that if they are anti-gun they will be out of work. Period.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:31:11 AM EDT
Serious question here...I am a member of SCOPE and the NRA....and I wholeheartedly support all pro gun groups....but have they really been effective?

I mean, I am sure they have certainly slowed down the erosion of rights, but man, in NYS, Asstacki was able to push through the BS copy cat AWB, so now while everyone enjoys guns with all the goodies, we still suck hind teat. Certain counties have the de facto ability to place unlawful restrictions on a NYS CCW permit (Erie being one).

They still try to push through all kinds of very restrictive legislation trying to effectively ban guns in NYS. We have THE major metropolitan area in the world, with a REPUBLICAN (?) mayor who is trying to push anti-gun legislation onto other states. We have individual cities with total AWB's.

I don't get why these groups aren't more effective...maybe NYS is a lost cause....it is depressing, and makes me angry. If Albany (the gov bldgs anyway) disappeared, got stomped on by Godzilla, or was bombed, I'd shed no tears. I think pretty much all NYS politicians don't deserve to breath the air of this state....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:51:52 AM EDT
pzjgr, not one significant anti-gun bill has been enacted into law in NYS since 2000. It's critical for NY gun owner's to ensure that the Republicans maintain majority control of the NY Senate. I do believe the NYSRPA and SCOPE are effective in holding the status quo. Many gun owners are disappointed with Pataki (including me) but I suspect when Spitzer is elected Governor he will make Pataki look like he was pro-gun.

If every gun owner in NY became politically active we might be able to turn the tide or at worst hold the line in the coming years.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:43:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:
pzjgr, not one significant anti-gun bill has been enacted into law in NYS since 2000. It's critical for NY gun owner's to ensure that the Republicans maintain majority control of the NY Senate. I do believe the NYSRPA and SCOPE are effective in holding the status quo. Many gun owners are disappointed with Pataki (including me) but I suspect when Spitzer is elected Governor he will make Pataki look like he was pro-gun.

If every gun owner in NY became politically active we might be able to turn the tide or at worst hold the line in the coming years.

Thats the real scary part....I have a bad feeling Spitzer WILL be elected, and if he gets in, I think NYS'ers can kiss guns goodbye...and I don't think anyone or any group will be able to stop him and the liberals....

Sad when ultimately I may be forced to move out of this state by frickin' liberals.....it is depressing to think about....but I refuse to turn in any of my guns....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:11:07 PM EDT
Spitzer won't be able to do much damage unless the Democrats gain control of the Senate.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:30:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:14:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Raptor22:

Originally Posted By pzjgr:
Serious question here...I am a member of SCOPE and the NRA....and I wholeheartedly support all pro gun groups....but have they really been effective?

I mean, I am sure they have certainly slowed down the erosion of rights, but man, in NYS, Asstacki was able to push through the BS copy cat AWB, so now while everyone enjoys guns with all the goodies, we still suck hind teat. Certain counties have the de facto ability to place unlawful restrictions on a NYS CCW permit (Erie being one).

They still try to push through all kinds of very restrictive legislation trying to effectively ban guns in NYS. We have THE major metropolitan area in the world, with a REPUBLICAN (?) mayor who is trying to push anti-gun legislation onto other states. We have individual cities with total AWB's.

I don't get why these groups aren't more effective...maybe NYS is a lost cause....it is depressing, and makes me angry. If Albany (the gov bldgs anyway) disappeared, got stomped on by Godzilla, or was bombed, I'd shed no tears. I think pretty much all NYS politicians don't deserve to breath the air of this state....

You forget that Bloomberg was a Democrat until four months before he was elected to his first term.

That is another thing... why is this guy able to switch parties like that. there needs to be some kind of standard here. These Rinos are killing the republican party.

Is there a local State senate election in NY this year or just the federal one?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:46:37 AM EDT
rkbar15,

I agree, but sometimes the status quo is not enough for those of us who are deep behind enemy lines where the local judges do whatever they feel like it and slap on any and all restrictions on our CCW.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:32:43 AM EDT
The paypal link at http://www.rpa-pac.org/ does not appear to be working. I tried it several times and got nothing but error messages!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:55:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sterling18:
rkbar15,

I agree, but sometimes the status quo is not enough for those of us who are deep behind enemy lines where the local judges do whatever they feel like it and slap on any and all restrictions on our CCW.

Bingo....like I said, I wholeheartedly support these orgs, and belong to SCOPE and NRA, and will probably join teh NYSRPA, as every little bit helps....

But why aren't they doing more to rid those of us in shitty counties of this illegal restriction crap?

I would like to see them doing something along those lines too....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:05:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By P400:
The paypal link at http://www.rpa-pac.org/ does not appear to be working. I tried it several times and got nothing but error messages!

Works for me. They might have been updating it.

www.rpa-pac.org/

While there are many pro-Second Amendment rights groups in New York, most cannot engage in substantial political activism or candidate support because of restrictions imposed by state election laws and federal tax and election laws. RPA-PAC is different. Affiliated with the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association but organized separately from it, RPA-PAC is a registered political committee under Article 14 of the Election Law of New York State and is exempt from paying taxes on the funds it raises in accordance with section 527 of the Internal Revenue Code respecting authorized political committee activities.

RPA-PAC is raising funds to support the candidacies of those who will defend and promote our rights in state and local elected office. RPA-PAC is not engaged in federal elections. RPA-PAC gives New York gun owners the ability to pool their resources and contribute to campaigns in ways that will make people take notice. The RPA-PAC Contributions Committee will select candidates not based upon their party affiliation, but rather on their stand on issues important to gun owners. Contributions will go directly to candidates, not to political parties or 3rd party accounts.

Every gun owner has a big stake in legislative activity in Albany. The following is just a sampling of the issues before the state legislature:

* renewable pistol licenses
* prohibition of .50 caliber rifles and shotguns
* mandatory firearms storage
* discretionary authority of pistol licensing agents
* ban on affordable and easily concealable firearms
* strict liability for gun owners, sellers, and manufacturers

$20. The cost of a box of pistol ammo, a couple boxes of shells, or a brick of .22s. It doesn't sound like a lot of money. But if everybody who visited this site over the last year had contributed $20 we could wage war against antigun legislators in Albany and across the state. They would have to spend millions trying to defend their disgraceful record. There wouldn't be talks about increasing fees and renewable pistol licenses. New York, including New York City, would become the next right to carry state.

Your gun rights are worth $20 a year, aren't they?

Send your check or money order payable to "RPA-PAC" to:

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association
c/o Patrick W. Brophy, RPA-PAC Treasurer
P.O. Box 1023
Troy, New York 12181-1023

We can also accept credit card donations through PayPal and Click & Pledge. State law requires the name and address of all contributors or the money will be returned minus transfer fees. For PayPal, list your name and address under Special Instructions. Thank you for your generous support.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:16:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:29:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:
Bingo....like I said, I wholeheartedly support these orgs, and belong to SCOPE and NRA, and will probably join teh NYSRPA, as every little bit helps....

But why aren't they doing more to rid those of us in shitty counties of this illegal restriction crap?

I would like to see them doing something along those lines too....

It's simple. Elect pro-gun judges in your county. Other counties like Dutchess have done it. That is what contributing to the NSYRPA-PAC helps with. Are you registered with a party affiliation. If not you can't vote in the primaries and you have no choice in choosing pro-gun candidates for office.

Call and write Bruno, Pataki, your Assemblyperson and Senator and tell them you support the following bills:

A-5754/S-603 Provides that a properly issued license to carry a pistol or revolver is valid throughout the entirety of the state,

A-6046 Provides for a new article to the state constitution for the right to keep and bear arms.

S-460 Provides that a licensing officer authorized to issue a license to carry or possess a handgun shall not be authorized to engage in any inquiry regarding whether proper cause exists for the amendment of such a license; provides that such licensing officer shall not be authorized to modify a valid unrestricted license upon a licensee's application for amendment thereof.

S-603/A-5754 Provides that a properly issued license to carry a pistol or revolver is valid throughout the entirety of the state, including the City of New York.

S-1542 Establishes a presumption (rebuttable) that an applicant for a pistol or revolver license (including to have and carry concealed such a firearm) has proper cause for issuance thereof unless the prior moral, mental or criminal record of the person indicates that good cause exists to believe that any benefit accruing to the person would be outweighed by potential dangers to public safety that would be engendered by issuance of such license.

S-2742/A-1536A Provides for the issuance of junior licenses to persons between the ages of fourteen and twenty to permit training, target practice, hunting and shooting competition by such persons; provides that such activities be undertaken in the company of a lawfully licensed or exempt person.

S-4577 Repeals pistol and revolver ballistic identification databank.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:33:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 3:35:31 PM EDT by rkbar15]

Originally Posted By sterling18:
rkbar15,

Look at the list of anti-gun laws that were introduced in the 2005 session of the legislature. How many of them were enacted into law? Getting involved at the local level and supporting all the RKBA orgs in NY is the only way to keep these loony legislators at bay.

www.nysrpa.org/nysrpa-lr.pdf
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 3:05:20 PM EDT by JBravo223]

Originally Posted By Raptor22:
Done.

awsome....

thank you

btw... I am behind the enemy lines also... Westchester, NY
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:30:58 PM EDT
Paypal link works now
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:15:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:32:52 AM EDT
I just joined now, too.

Already an NRA Member.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:07:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By maddog_enigma:
I just joined now, too.

Already an NRA Member.

Great.... Thank you
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:31:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JBravo223:
I think our number one goal should be to make sure that Spitzer doesn't get elected gov.

I disagree. I think that the #1 priority should be to ensure that the Senate remains under Republican control. They are the only thing standing in the way of all the crap that Silver and the Assembly keep putting up every year. If the Senate goes Democrat, we're SOL. Of course it would be better if we could get a pro-2nd amendment gov also. Pataki, even though a Republican, was no friend of ours.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:09:17 PM EDT
from what I have heard he has prevented a lot of anti-gun bs from passing
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:26:01 PM EDT
They should really have a way to sign up for membership online. I wouldve become a member along time ago.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:37:03 PM EDT
Just donated $20 to rpa-pac. Hope it helps in this year's elections, they are going to be huge.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:23:18 PM EDT

Sad when ultimately I may be forced to move out of this state by frickin' liberals.....it is depressing to think about....but I refuse to turn in any of my guns....

you know what they say....."when they come for your guns.. give them to em'.....bullets first..."
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:10:49 AM EDT
I just donated again because I see that Sheldon Silver has already started introducing anti-gun bills.... namely the AWB 2466A
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:25:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 10:26:02 PM EDT by Beltfed]
Donated to nysrpa....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:01:31 AM EDT
Awesome... We need to get more people to support them. So if you know gun owners that haven't donated please try to get them to. Then ask them to get people they know to donate. If we get the ball rolling we can do alot to protect our rights.

Thanks again guys
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:28:08 AM EDT
I'll be using my $20 to help w/ moving expenses. This State & ideas coming out of it are to much for me. I hope/pray you folks can make a comeback, the odds are certainly against you. On the bright side, the jerks in charge are the same spineless folks who cant stomach what is going on(GWT) to protect this country. So, if they do send out folks to collect your firearms.... They will give up quick after the first batch of "collectors" is lying in a pile dead on somebodys front lawn. They cant cope w/ the 2000 lost GIs, they wont be able to deal w/ sending their neighbors to be shot in their state. Wont last long. Best of luck. -Justin

Ps. You thought NOLA was bad... Wait until a dirty bomb goes off in that city & all those folks scramble upstate. You better have your guns.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:30:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ICU:
I'll be using my $20 to help w/ moving expenses. This State & ideas coming out of it are to much for me. I hope/pray you folks can make a comeback, the odds are certainly against you. On the bright side, the jerks in charge are the same spineless folks who cant stomach what is going on(GWT) to protect this country. So, if they do send out folks to collect your firearms.... They will give up quick after the first batch of "collectors" is lying in a pile dead on somebodys front lawn. They cant cope w/ the 2000 lost GIs, they wont be able to deal w/ sending their neighbors to be shot in their state. Wont last long. Best of luck. -Justin

Ps. You thought NOLA was bad... Wait until a dirty bomb goes off in that city & all those folks scramble upstate. You better have your guns.

While it is your right to not helpl fight the cause you have no right to complain about anything if you don't fight the fight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:31:00 PM EDT
I was @ the polls every election. I do the NRA thing & honestly only became aware of the other groups recently. These laws just keep coming to the floor, more serious consequences each time. The politicians just getting worse every election, you choose between an anti gun candidate & .....
An anti gun candidate. For me its more than just the gun laws.... I just dont like the general direction the state is going. Between the taxes, weather(runninganything in -0 temps suck), laws, welfare burden, etc... Just cant do not worth it anymore. -Justin
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:31:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ICU:
I was @ the polls every election. I do the NRA thing & honestly only became aware of the other groups recently. These laws just keep coming to the floor, more serious consequences each time. The politicians just getting worse every election, you choose between an anti gun candidate & .....
An anti gun candidate. For me its more than just the gun laws.... I just dont like the general direction the state is going. Between the taxes, weather(runninganything in -0 temps suck), laws, welfare burden, etc... Just cant do not worth it anymore. -Justin

I hear you. I'm trying though... I want to see the day when we kick the libs back to Canada.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:37:46 PM EDT
I joined a few months ago and today I got a cool car magnet.
Top Top