Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 7:37:11 PM EDT
I stopped in a local gun shop today and was just seeing how much it would be to have the muzzle brake i bought online pinned and welded to my barrel. he said well i sell ones that have set screws on them for 40 dollars and its 20 to put them on. i said well those prob wont work with a threaded barrel. then he continued to say that no post ban upper can have a threaded barrel.

I thought that it was ok if my barrel had threads as long as you are going to permanently attach a muzzlebrake by pining it and welding it or even silver soldering. Am i wrong about this?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:49:59 PM EDT
By "permanantly attaching" a muzzle brake thru the use of silver soldier or blind pinning, you no longer have a "threaded muzzle" $60. sounds high for something attached with set screws.
Threaded muzzle means that a device can be readily removed to allow another device to be screw on, can't do that when somethings been permantly attached.
What part of the state are you in? someone might reccomend a competent 'smith.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:14:56 PM EDT
i live in suffolk county on long island any other smiths would be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 5:04:16 PM EDT by edpmedic]
Give me a shout at

edpmedic@optonline.net I will take care of it for you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:06:02 PM EDT
edpmedic,
E-mail sent w/similar question.
Thanks,
Tony
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:33:24 PM EDT
Got the e-mail and sent you my phone #
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:31:33 PM EDT
Not to hijack this thread but how many pin/s are needed to be cosidered permanent and is it ok if you could see where I put the pin, ie no weld on top?
Top Top