Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 9:44:51 PM EDT
Can you believe the lies in this bill!?!
I can't believe they're allowed to put outright lies on the legislation themselves!

semi-automatic
   2  assault  weapons  are  military-style  guns  designed to allow rapid and
   3  accurate spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans. The
   4  shooter can simply point - as opposed to carefully aim - the  weapon  to
   5  quickly spray a wide area with a hail of bullets.

Excuse me!?! I wasn't aware that you can "spray" or cause a "hail of bullets" with a semi-auto!

Read on:
SO5504
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]

The  shooter can simply point - as opposed to carefully aim - the  weapon  to
     quickly spray a wide area with a hail of bullets.

If someones gonna shoot at me I would rather have them just point instead of actually aiming at me, I dont know about you guys

If they cracked down on gangs or drug dealers they would save 100 times more lives and reduce gun crime
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The  shooter can simply point - as opposed to carefully aim - the  weapon  to
     quickly spray a wide area with a hail of bullets.

If someones gonna shoot at me I would rather have them just point instead of actually aiming at me, I dont know about you guys

If they cracked down on gangs or drug dealers they would save 100 times more lives and reduce gun crime

NYS Congress: LIES! We won't turn on our constituents! Let's take out on law-abiding citizens!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I e-mailed the "corrections" to Sen Padavan, let's see if he willing to look  at the facts instead of the feelings.

1 Section 1. The New York state legislature finds that semi-automatic
2 assault weapons are military-style guns designed to allow rapid and Not true: "assault weapons" have full auto capability. Full automatics are heavily regualtes by the Federal Government since 1934 and prohibited in NYS.

3 accurate spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans. The Not true: One cannot accuratly control a weapon during rapid or automatic fire, and "spraying" would envolve even more rapid movement, thus prohibiting the "efficient killing" of persons. Killing a person or animal efficiently with a firearm reguires a well placed shot.

4 shooter can simply point - as opposed to carefully aim - the weapon to ANY weapon can be "pointed" with the exact same results of pointing an "assault weapon"  As with any firearm, a well placed shot requires careful aim.

5 quickly spray a wide area with a hail of bullets. Gun manufacturers have  Since these "assault weapons" are semi-automatic only, ANY semi-automatic firearm could be used in the manner mentioned. "Hunting rifles" which you've all sworn would not be regulated  fall nder this same catagory.
6 for many years made, marketed and sold to civilians semi-automatic
7 versions of military assault weapons designed with features specifically True, copys and firearms baised on military technology have been available to consumers since the first autoloaders were offered at the turn of the 19th  century. A bullet fired from a copy of a military rifle is just as lethal as one fired from any other commercially available firearm.  
8 intended to increase lethality for military applications. As a result, How so? Actually firearms designed for hunting, target shooting, or law enforcement have longer barrels to increase accuracy and increased energy thru the use of heavier bullets.

9 approximately 2,000,000 assault weapons are currently in circulation in  That you know about.

10 the United States. These weapons have been the weapon of choice in the
11 most notorious mass shootings of innocent civilians in the United Absolutly not true! The FBI has disproved this thru their own research and records.

12 States, including the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School (TEC-DC9  Intea-Tec, the manufacturere of the TEC series has been out of buisness for over ten years, and the Hi-Point carbine is actually larger, heavier, and less powerful than the M1 carbine that was manufacture for the military and later released to the general public. (as a side note: over six million carbines were manufactured for the military, pluse several millon more were made commercially, and the standard magazine capacity was 15 rounds, the Hi-Points capacity is only ten rounds)

13 assault pistol and Hi-Point Carbine) and the 2002 Washington, D.C.-area
14 sniper shootings (Bushmaster XM15 assault rifle). According to FBI data, This was a stolen rifle, and a full sized, semi-automatic version of a rifle that's been available and purchased by the public since 1963
15 between 1998 and 2001, one in five law enforcement officers slain in the
16 line of duty was killed with an assault weapon. In 2003, New York lost More officers that that lost their lives to motor vehicle accidents.

17 two of its finest when undercover officers in the elite Firearms Inves-
18 tigation Unit of the NYPD Organized Crime Control Bureau were brutally Anyone "undercover" against organized crime is in jeopardy of being killed if it's discoversed they are law enforcement. It doesn't matter if it's drugs, gambeling, prostitution, or anything else.

19 murdered while attempting to purchase an illegal TEC-9 semi-automatic The only reasion the Tec-9 could have been illegal was its being prohibited in the city and/or not registered with the state. Either way it could have been any of hundreds of diffrent handguns readily available in gunstores.

20 assault weapon. The availability of military-style assault weapons poses
21 a serious threat to the public health and safety. Most citizens, includ- No more threat than any other weapon.  The BATFE and the FBI have de-bunked this myth. I would suggest you seriously investigate the claims made in the statement of this proposed legislation

22 ing most gun owners, believe that assault weapons should not be avail-
23 able for civilian use. Not true:  Of thousands of gun owners posting threads on dozens of web sites, NONE have indicated that they were serveyed or that they support increased anti-gun legislation.
You folks that still insist on following the Democratic partys play book on pushing gun control are putting yourselfs in grave danger of looseing more seats in the Assembly and Senate. If you don't think you're playing with fire, you just let me know and I will send you multiple internet sites where you can get a "feel" on what gun owners in New York State think about having more of their rights stripped.

Sincerly,
Glenn Hancock
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#4]
All that i have to say fp1201, is that you just pwned them
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Good thing Sen. Padavan is a Republican otherwise I'd be worried.   NYC, where even the Republicans are liberal Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good thing Sen. Padavan is a Republican otherwise I'd be worried.   NYC, where even the Republicans are liberal Democrats.

Woops, well that ought to at least get his attention. Maby I should have refered to his use of Democrat tactics as being RINO.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All that i have to say fp1201, is that you just pwned them

Too bad that they think everything you say is a lie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top