Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 4:50:19 PM EDT
So I know the permit is good for one year and one dear (buck) - does that mean in 2010 I can get another buck / doe tag?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't follow your question.

Licenses go from October 1st of one year through September 30th of the following year.  Your tags are good through the same time as your license.  If you're asking if you can get another tag after Jan 1st, no, it doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't follow your question.

Licenses go from October 1st of one year through September 30th of the following year.  Your tags are good through the same time as your license.  If you're asking if you can get another tag after Jan 1st, no, it doesn't work that way.

thats it - thanks.

I missed the doe tag
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You might not have missed it altogether...sometimes they open another window to let a few more DMP's out in certain areas...but you'll probably have to pay another $10 just for that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You might not have missed it altogether...sometimes they open another window to let a few more DMP's out in certain areas...but you'll probably have to pay another $10 just for that.

how can I stay on top of that and find out - heard doe taste better.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
NYSDEC website. Also is usually mentioned in the outdoors section of your local paper
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

how can I stay on top of that and find out - heard doe taste better.

Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:25:35 -0400
Subject: [Nybiggame] DEC Will Issue Leftover Deer Management Permits

XXXX,

We have begun mailing about 21,000 leftover Deer Management Permits (DMPs) to hunters who were previously denied during the initial application period.  This correction process occurs each year and lets us issue the target number of permits in units where we didn't receive as many applicants as we expected.

We will also have several Wildlife Management Units with DMPs available on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning Sunday, November 1.  During this extended application period, hunters can apply for up to 2 additional DMPs in these units.

See http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/59293.html for the full announcement and list of units involved.

If you are curious about the DMP quota setting and issuance process, you may enjoy reading about it at http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/47743.html

Jeremy Hurst
Big Game Biologist

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#7]
The new computer system allows them to automatically send out leftover permits to those who got turned down on the first go round.

Most of the info you seek is in the guide book they should have given you when you purchased your license.  it has the season dates and a good chart of what tags and permits are good for as far as buck/doe, zones, and dates the permit is valid for.

If you're new to NY it takes awhile to get used to the system but that's the same on moving to any different state.

When in doubt......call your closest regional office or the 1-877 phone number to get you your answers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up 2 DMP's for my "local" hunting location yesterday. Went to Wallyworld, they had a nice piece of paper with the zones that still had DMP's available. Cost was $10 for the two DMP (Doe tags).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top