Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 6:19:43 AM EDT
Okay so I was feeling frustrated again today about the AWB proposed by Senator Schneiderman so I called his office to discuss his AWB legislation. One of the legislative assistants answers the phone and we get to talking.

Him: Why would you want an assault weapon? You don't need that for hunting.
Me:   Hunting has nothing to do with the second ammendment.
Him: What do you need a machine gun for?
Me:   I thought we were discussing so-called "assault weapons". I never said anything about machine guns.
Him: Aren't they the same thing?
Me:   Not at all. (and I got into explaining the differences)

My conclusion, which we all know... The reason these pices of legislation pass is because most people are to stupid to actually understand what the bill actually is. And I'll admit it. Assault weapon does sound like something used for efficient killing. BUT.. We are not talking about assault weapon. This term was coined by the anti-gunners to scare the sheeple.

Here is his contact info. It would be great if everyone called his office and voiced their opinion.

Eric T. Schneiderman

Deputy Minority Leader

31st District
Parts of Bronx and New York Counties

313 Legislative Office Building
Albany, New York 12247
518-455-2041

80 Bennett Avenue, Ground Floor
New York, New York 10033
212-928-5578

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally despise the term 'assault weapon' when it is applied to semiautomatic paramilitary firearms.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I want a machine gun too though!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not likely that Schneiderman or anyone in Schneiderman's office has ever shot a BB gun so I'm not suprised. Schneiderman would ban your Brown Bess if he could.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's not likely that Schneiderman or anyone in Schneiderman's office has ever shot a BB gun so I'm not suprised.

Don't be so sure about that!  Chuckie Schumer has been working to ban all sorts of guns yet he seemed to enjoy shooting a TEC-9:

I think many of these gun control advocates just want to have the fun for themselves.  They can always go to an LE agency and play with their toys.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#5]
look at  that SMILE on his face! I think he might be a closet plinker. Cmon' Chuck time to come out of the closet and join the masses!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
From Schneiderman's bio. If you read the full bio have a barf bag close by 'cause you'll need it.

Eric Schneiderman

"As a leading voice for tougher gun safety laws in New York State, Senator Schneiderman worked with gun control advocates to develop a far reaching package of measures that would protect New Yorkers from gun violence. Introduced during the 1999 legislative session, the package included: measures that would hold adults legally liable for failure to safely store firearms; mandate safety courses and renewable licenses for gun owners; and raise the minimum age to 21 for the purchase of firearms. He lead the campaign to block the National Rifle Association's "Eddie Eagle" program from being a part of New York's elementary school curriculum."
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not likely that Schneiderman or anyone in Schneiderman's office has ever shot a BB gun so I'm not suprised.

Don't be so sure about that!  Chuckie Schumer has been working to ban all sorts of guns yet he seemed to enjoy shooting a TEC-9:

www.trt-ny.org/images/stec9.jpg

I think many of these gun control advocates just want to have the fun for themselves.  They can always go to an LE agency and play with their toys.

That pic was supposedly taken on one of Schumer's fact finding publicity trips to support the 1994 AWB. Someone posted a few years ago that he was tring to join a gun club on L.I. and they told him to FOAD.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Its time to get the hell out of this state especially LI ....eveything i enjoy doing is virtually outlawed, from riding ATVs, dirtbikes, racing, shooting etc...i like LI alot but everything has a ban . And the ATV thing...people have been trying to get them to build some ATV trails/tracks on LI but they always disprove...then when they finally approve a park they come up with excuses on how it would harm the enviornment........meanwhile i see whole forests leveled to build malls and golf courses(god forbid you drive up on the beach with some sort of vehicle) etc....why dont they actually try to stop crime or do somthing useful instead of making normal civilians lives a penitentiary.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#9]

The very picture of quisling scum.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah, Vidkun Quisling.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Vidkun Quisling

Chuck Schumer
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Its time to get the hell out of this state especially LI ....eveything i enjoy doing is virtually outlawed, from riding ATVs, dirtbikes, racing, shooting etc...i like LI alot but everything has a ban . And the ATV thing...people have been trying to get them to build some ATV trails/tracks on LI but they always disprove...then when they finally approve a park they come up with excuses on how it would harm the enviornment........meanwhile i see whole forests leveled to build malls and golf courses(god forbid you drive up on the beach with some sort of vehicle) etc....why dont they actually try to stop crime or do somthing useful instead of making normal civilians lives a penitentiary.

+1

I have a brand new CRF450 and cant ride the thing.  We have to drive 3 hours to go to PA to ride.  It's rediculous.  Add on top of that the cost to live here, and the crappy weather, thats why I'm outta here and heading to Colorado.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice, i have a Predator 500 and a CR125
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top