Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 8:47:54 AM EST
for those who run a 01/07 FFL from their home/garage/etc here in NYS...

how is your property zoned?

did getting a 07 FFL require having it based on land zoned for manufacturing?

did you NEED to ask the town permission and get a written statement allowing you running the 01/07 on your property?

Please, if you have nothing to contribute in answering these questions , and just wish to crap on the idea, just X out of your browser now.

thanks in advance guys.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:35:33 AM EST
see rich219
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:25:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/14/2011 10:30:08 AM EST by Rich219]
Dieter and I've chatted a bit about this previously but I'll post my responses for anyone else interested.

how is your property zoned? No zoning where I live. I had to have a letter from my town zoning person stating there wasn't anything that prevented me from operating a firearms business from within town limits.

did getting a 07 FFL require having it based on land zoned for manufacturing? No, this may be a problem though if you live in a town that is zoned though. Then again it might not be.

did you NEED to ask the town permission and get a written statement allowing you running the 01/07 on your property? Kind of, they just had to give me a letter stating nothing prevented me from doing so.

I did let the investigator know that I was currently in the process of looking for a commercial location for running my 07/SOT from this summer. He didn't state that I had to get a different location for the 07/SOT though. I have a small 800 sq. ft. shop on my property though so I told him that until I got a commercial location that any manufacturing work would be done from there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:46:12 AM EST
I think it wasn't til my 2nd or 3rd renewal that I had to go to the town and get them to confirm for ATF that the use was allowed under zoning. Haven't had an issue since then.
Top Top