Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 9:47:54 AM EDT
for those who run a 01/07 FFL from their home/garage/etc here in NYS...

how is your property zoned?

did getting a 07 FFL require having it based on land zoned for manufacturing?

did you NEED to ask the town permission and get a written statement allowing you running the 01/07 on your property?

Please, if you have nothing to contribute in answering these questions , and just wish to crap on the idea,  just X out of your browser now.

thanks in advance guys.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#1]
see rich219
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Dieter and I've chatted a bit about this previously but I'll post my responses for anyone else interested.

how is your property zoned? No zoning where I live. I had to have a letter from my town zoning person stating there wasn't anything that prevented me from operating a firearms business from within town limits.

did getting a 07 FFL require having it based on land zoned for manufacturing? No, this may be a problem though if you live in a town that is zoned though. Then again it might not be.

did you NEED to ask the town permission and get a written statement allowing you running the 01/07 on your property?  Kind of, they just had to give me a letter stating nothing prevented me from doing so.

I did let the investigator know that I was currently in the process of looking for a commercial location for running my 07/SOT from this summer. He didn't state that I had to get a different location for the 07/SOT though. I have a small 800 sq. ft. shop on my property though so I told him that until I got a commercial location that any manufacturing work would be done from there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it wasn't til my 2nd or 3rd renewal that I had to go to the town and get them to confirm for ATF that the use was allowed under zoning. Haven't had an issue since then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top