Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 2:38:26 PM EDT
 I just picked up a few applications for pistol permit. My brothers and I are going to apply. I was woundering if anyone had any current info on the iterview process. Also someone told me that at the interview they will ask for the names of 2 people to check your "good caracter" anyone know who it can be? I dont wanna use my wife she hates guns.

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you will get the most helpful response if you tell us what county you are appling in.  Some counties do not even require a interview.  In regards to character references, it is usualy best not to use someone related to you anyway.

Let us know, and good luck.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
In Nassau county, the only one they DID interview WAS my wife.  Of course we have been married 25 years so  having firearms in the house was not something we hadn't discussed beforehand...
just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The NYPD application process will require the following (among other things):

3 character references from people who live in New York City

An interview, which is largely a formality.  It's done after the prints/mental health record check is processed.

Feel free to IM me if you want any specifics, I've been through the hassle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Applying in nyc
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
My Wife just went through the process. Her interview was last week. Fill out the application and get all the info it asks for. Then obviously hand it in. You will then get printed and pay all the appriopriate fees. At this point you will just have to wait till you recieve a letter from them to come in for your "interview." For my wife it took exactly six months. For the interview view she was asked to bring another utility bill (incase she moved), two reference letters from people who are not family and a letter from every adult in your household saying its ok for you to have a firearm in your house. And finally a letter about how you support yourself. All letters must be notorized. At the interview the interviewer will ask you a couple of questions which were read off a list (very easy and as stated above just a formality) and he will check your paperwork. If it is all ok then you will then need to go home and wait once again for a letter from them to come in and pick up your Licence. After that, when you purchase your firearm you need to bring it back to 1PP and get it checked out by them. It really is a long and annoying process. Not to mention expensive.

Good Luck

Riese
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top