Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 9:50:38 AM EDT
Just found out yesterday that the annual NRA convention is gonna be in Milwaukee, may 19-21.

I'm looking forward to this, haven't been to one before.

John
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#1]
same here
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#2]
WoW Really!! holy shit! I might just have to try and make it there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!!!  Maybe a group "WIS ARFCOM" photo at the convention?????
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm there.

Do we need to get tickets or reservations or something?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
More info here:  www.nraam.org/
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow!!!  Maybe a group "WIS ARFCOM" photo at the convention?????

Sounds good to me.

If I can get away from work
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:38:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be goingYeah, WIS ARFCOM table at the membership banquet on Sat. night? I'll check into it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:27:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Excellent!  Never been to one before in 20 years of membership.  About time I go.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Probably wouldn't make the banquet, but there is a lot of time to come up with a WIS Arfcom T-shirt  design.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Probably wouldn't make the banquet, but there is a lot of time to come up with a WIS Arfcom T-shirt  design.

Hmmmm let me check on a few things

Oh FMD!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to make it to the convention.

I'd also be open to attending the banquet if we could organize a table (and if you allow FIB's ).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'd like to make it to the convention.

I'd also be open to attending the banquet if we could organize a table (and if you allow FIB's ).

Hey how many times have we told you, yer not a FIB yer just "trapped" behind enemy lines
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#13]
The convention is open to all members?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I think that they will need local volunteers to help if anyone finds out about this I'm in
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be working...
...setting up for Glock, Sig, and Kimber (so far)...

Anyone want to work the setup and dismantle for free?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'll be working...

Will work for ammo(provided I'm not working my day job)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'll be working...

Talk to me about this tomorrow at Stan's.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'll be working...
What days will you be working I may have a few vacation to burn

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys, I was sort of joking (certainly about the free part).

We'll be working 3 days before, and two days after, during the day.
Some of you I know can handle the work (in which case, I've prolly already talked to you about it).  If not, send a resume'.

ETA: I guess I wasn't clear:  If I've never personally talked to you about working with me, send a legit resume (yes I'm serious) and not just an IM of your willingness to see behind the scenes of the NRA convention.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Some of you I know can handle the work (in which case, I've prolly already talked to you about it).  If not, send a resume'.

ETA: I guess I wasn't clear:  If I've never personally talked to you about working with me, send a legit resume (yes I'm serious) and not just an IM of your willingness to see behind the scenes of the NRA convention.

What exactly is the work? Who would a person be working for?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just found out yesterday that the annual NRA convention is gonna be in Milwaukee, may 19-21.

I'm looking forward to this, haven't been to one before.

John

sweeeet
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

When you say a legit resume, do you mean it has to be our own resume??
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Dude, I have years of experience setting up and tearing down music production.  A lot of the stuff is similiar.  However, I do not have a "resume" so to speak, you don't usually deal with those in the music industry.  It's more street cred than anything.....

I can show you my WAMI nomination, or do a web search for 2003 WAMI nominees.....

Until I hurt my back last spring, I was banging gear for these guys.....staging, lighting, SR, load in, load out, setup and teardown.

www.sounddecisionproductions.com/
Mark Hartzell is the contact.  He's always pissed but he also called me back every weekend.

The back is much better, I have been stretching since spring and lifting for a few months now, which is really helping.

I can also hook you up with a couple pro roadcrew types depending on the wage.

Let me know what kind of dates/times you are talking.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#24]
So, what does it take to attend the convention? Just an NRA membership?

The convention center is connected to a couple of hotels. I'm considering picking up a room, and using the convention as a short getaway. Any interest in a WI Arfcom / Driftless room party?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Any interest in a WI Arfcom / Driftless room party?

Also: FrigginA kids, take the work thing to IM.  PLEASE.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The convention center is connected to a couple of hotels. I'm considering picking up a room, and using the convention as a short getaway. Any interest in a WI Arfcom / Driftless room party?

Fucks yah man!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sounds like fun.  Count me in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#28]
You lucky bastards/bitches!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You lucky bastards/bitches!  

WTF?! Yer email yesterday said you was catchin a bird lastnight.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't be suprised if most of the hotel rooms around th convention site are booked already.

As for "identifiers", how about some kind of design on a blaze orange shirt. Either something that could be done at home with those DIY shirt tranfer papers, or maybe something through cafepress. Either way might have problems finding blaze orange T's?

A simple design could be ARFCOM  in stencil over a outline of WI.

John
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Whatever happened to making shirts with a "badass badger" on them?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Still waiting to hear back from his goatnessa bout using the AR15.com name on a shirt for this.

I do have one non-arfcom logo that could be used but it needs some tweaking first I think, it's more along the lines of what stopper posted though. I'd rather stay away from blaze though for a color.

I got a couple ideas in the works though don't worry guys.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#33]
MGLouie you still going to look into that table for at the banquet? Let me know.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Here's what I received from the NRA,

Thank you for contacting us.
The 2006 Annual Meeting is tentative scheduled for May 19-21 at Midwest Airlines Center in Milwaukee, WI. Additional information should become available online at www.nraam.org in February or March 2006. Registration should start in late February or early March. Tickets to special events should become available for purchase in March. Ticket prices will be announced when they go on sale.
The Annual Meeting and Exhibits is for active NRA Members only. Members and guests (spouse and children under the age of 18) gain entrance to the Annual Meeting and Exhibit hall floor free of charge. Non-Members interested in attending may become Members at the door.
We recommend Members register at the latest 5-6 weeks prior to the Annual Meeting to avoid the long lines that tend to occur at these events, this can be done online at www.nraam.org when registration opens. Please check this website for updates.
Thank you for your support!
Best regards,
Sean
NRA Member Communications

Guess we'll have to wait till they open registration. They might have a place to reserve tables then.
I'll keep an eye on it and let everyone know what's going on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top