Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:29:27 PM EDT
I just spotted this thread over at Snipers Hide.

Snipers Hide

Another Jim Zumbo
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Mike.

I'm an Endowment member myself, and just sent the NRA an e-mail expressing my outrage.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
From a post on another board - the individual in question hadn't been on the NRA Board of Directors since 2004, and his statements date from 2002.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a pretty massive thread here as well
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=607375
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is his rebuttal.

NRA Link

Still, he said what he said. He stepped in it and is now backpedaling to cover his a$$.

Correct, this interview took place in 2005. According to the guys over at SH he is still on the board at the NRA.( I am looking for the info now)

But you know this and the NRA's support of HB 2640, I am leaning away from them and more toward the GOA and OFF. Besides I am sick of getting the NRA's phone calls even after I asked to be placed on the do not call list.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I read the rebuttal which might as well been written by Mr. Candy Ass, President Purgery
himself.  I dropped an email to the NRA as a member and demanded the Mr. Jackson
be removed immediately from any official position in the NRA.

Liberal Bastard!

Spambo
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:14:32 AM EDT
[#7]
So he thinks it's OK because he really meant evil machineguns? NO WAY. Gun control is gun control.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#8]
What a bunch of bullshit!

These assholes don’t get it!

First off, they have to know (maybe they’re too stupid too) that whenever they open their mouths whatever they say is going to be cut short or taken out of context. Idiots.

Originally Posted By JOAQUIN JACKSON:
I was talking about true assault weapons – fully automatic firearms.  I was not speaking, in any way, about semiautomatic rifles.

What about "fully automatic firearms?" When are these assholes gonna realize it’s not just the Fudds with their meat guns out there.

At PR a year or so ago there was a "representative from the NRA" there. There was a couple questions asked and answered. One of the shooters, an avid machinegunner (don’t recall his name) asked something about when the NRA is going to do something about the 1986 MG ban. To me, at the moment, the question seemed silly and the answer appropriate. "There’s always on in the crowd" was the answer. The man asking the question kinda went off. Took me a moment (few hours) to rattle it around, but the man asking the question was right on. The NRA has that attitude. Fanatics, just leave em be, send out some more ligature asking for more money.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]
They don't get it.  The second amendment provided the man in colonial times to have a musket.  The cutting edge hand held weapon of the time period that was able to take out just about any military article on its own except a ship or a fort.  In reality the weapon analogous to the clonial musket over tha fireplace is a recoiless rifle.

It is funny that libs want to be strict constructionists when it comes to firearms (we should only have muzzleloaders) but not when it comes to moral or religious issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top