Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2009 6:25:25 PM EDT
PA 4H Shooting Sports is holding NRA Instructor training.  $200 includes lodging and meals.  We'll cover NRA Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun, and NAA Archery will be taught also.  It was supposed to be posted on the NRA site, but its not there yet.

Starts Friday at 7:00PM, goes all day Saturday, and usually finishes up around noon on Sunday.

PM me if you're interested, I'll get an ap out to you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What are the requirements for attending?

I'm in Lawrenceville and might be interested, depending on prerequisites and my work schedule.

Thanks!

Michael
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
A basic knowledge of firearms, and the desire learn, and to teach others.  Upon completion of the course, and passing the written exam, you will be an NRA Instructor, in the Discipline you take.  We are offering NRA Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun, and NAA Archery.  We're geared toward teaching 4H clubs- -4H Shooting Sports Instructors need to be NRA certified to run the clubs and be covered by insurance.  

NRA Training is geared toward teaching you to become an instructor, giving you the tools and skills you need to teach others to shoot- -lesson plans, reference materials, and teaching aids, and public speaking skills.  Being an Instructor is not about bettering your own skills, but introducing others the shooting sports, in a safe controlled environment, where they can learn to be safe with firearms, and care for them properly.  You don't need to be an expert marksman to teach others how to shoot, and shoot well.  That being said, we have some very accomplished shooters in our training staff.  My shooting has greatly improved from rubbing elbows with these guys and gals, and I personally learn a lot from my fellow instructors and students.  Great time to exchange some ideas, and meet new people.  Keep the attitude at home, come with an open mind to learn.

You will be tired at the end of the course - Rifle takes 14 hours plus 6 hours for the BIT (Basic Instructor Training)- -a lot to fit into a weekend.  Arrival is Friday at 7:00 pm, we go to 10:30, then all day and into the evening on Saturday, and then Sunday until noon.

We encourage a "Team Teaching" approach.  Teaching a class is a tough thing to do yourself, having another instructor teach with you is a great asset.  The other instructor can often get an idea across to a student or class that you can't, or complete a thought you're trying to convey from a different angle.   Bring a friend!

NRA description of Instructor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top