Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2003 11:44:08 AM EDT
Anyone in the DFW Metroplex interested in becoming certified as an NRA Handgun Instructor and Personal Protection Instructor?  The Handgun instructor course requires a Friday night, all day Saturday and 4 hours Sunday morning.  The PP course would require a full day Sat. and 4 hours Sunday the weekend after the handgun course.  In order to make the class, we need a minimum of 8 people.  Anyone interested, shoot me an email and I can find out more details.  I believe the cost for both courses is $150-200 for both.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
more details and dates please....?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure on the dates yet.  Need to get enough people interested to make up a class and then get the instructor to set the schedule.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I am definitely interested.  Please pass along more info on dates and locations when you know them.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey all,

I have a friend that will come to my house and stay if needed so he can atttend the course.  Is this LEO or basic?  Can they do NRA LEO?  If so, how much?  I will pay for his class if you can save me a seat.  

As of now I am on the road still and kickin ass.  BTW:  I am on on my 250 post now...

Thanks c sends

J, call my cell please...
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be interested in the NRA Handgun Instructor's course.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in the Austin area.  I am inteested in the course.  Could make it ti DFW but would prefer closer to Austin.  Anyone know of a class in this area?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Calling you today, just been busy!  Lets go with 3 slots from me!  These are the guys traveling with me who want to do it for fun!

talk soon,

c sends
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I would be interested in both classes, or just the PP.  Let me know about dates.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I am interested just send me an  email to [email protected]
I live in El Paso...lemme know what i gotta do
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi,

I'm interested.  I don't know if I have to have more experience as a shooter or not, so if there are any minimum requirements, then I'd like to know.

Thanks,

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#11]
So far it is looking like we will do the two courses on Friday Oct. 24 and Sat. Oct 25. The cost will be no more than $250 for the two courses combined and that will include the range fees.  We are planning on doing it at Collin County Gun Range in McKinney in one of the TAC bays.  I will be finalizing the plans this week so if you are definitely interested, please let me know via post or email.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#12]
What are the requirements for Firearms?

Re: Do we need to bring a certain type of weapon or will there be weapons supplied?

In the same vein, how much ammo is needed?

I am interested.

Coz_45
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Count me in. Please contact me. Will be at Gunstock this weekend. Skipper Miller
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So far it is looking like we will do the two courses on Friday Oct. 24 and Sat. Oct 25. The cost will be no more than $250 for the two courses combined and that will include the range fees.  We are planning on doing it at Collin County Gun Range in McKinney in one of the TAC bays.  I will be finalizing the plans this week so if you are definitely interested, please let me know via post or email.

Is this a package deal? I would prefer only the NRA Handgun Intructor's course. Also, your original post indicates 3 days of training; what is accounting for the difference?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE:

Looks like the instructor wont be able to get the course materials in time for the Oct. 24-25 weekend so we are going to have to reschedule.  It is looking like sometime early in December.  Once again we will shoot for an all day Fri and Saturday, with the Handgun portion on Friday and the Personal Protection on Saturday.  Since weather might be a factor in December, we might need to look at a range other than CCGR (meaning indoor).  We will need one that has a classroom.  If someone is a member of a range that can get us a break on the classroom and range rental, please let me know.  

As for the detailed questions I have been asked, here is what I know -  yes you can get certified as a Handgun instructor without the Personal Protection, although the cost would be the same, so if you can make it both days it would be to your benefit.  As for equipment, at this point I am not sure of specifics, but I believe all you would need is your handgun and ammo, eyes and ears.  I do not believe there are any qualifications to get certified except to be fairly proficient with your weapon and extremely safety conscious.  

I will post more details as they become available relating to schedule.  Thanks.  JB
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]
A December timeframe would probably let me do 2 days. For an indoor range, check out TargetMaster in Garland (no affiliation). Also, TigerValley (this weekend's GunStock host) I think has an indoor range in Dallas.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

Looks like the instructor wont be able to get the course materials in time for the Oct. 24-25 weekend so we are going to have to reschedule.  It is looking like sometime early in December.  Once again we will shoot for an all day Fri and Saturday, with the Handgun portion on Friday and the Personal Protection on Saturday.  Since weather might be a factor in December, we might need to look at a range other than CCGR (meaning indoor).  We will need one that has a classroom.  If someone is a member of a range that can get us a break on the classroom and range rental, please let me know.  

As for the detailed questions I have been asked, here is what I know -  yes you can get certified as a Handgun instructor without the Personal Protection, although the cost would be the same, so if you can make it both days it would be to your benefit.  As for equipment, at this point I am not sure of specifics, but I believe all you would need is your handgun and ammo, eyes and ears.  I do not believe there are any qualifications to get certified except to be fairly proficient with your weapon and extremely safety conscious.  

I will post more details as they become available relating to schedule.  Thanks.  JB

Great news, as I was having to reschedule some stuff!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top