Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/1/2007 10:05:00 AM EDT
Two matches to be shot at Bisley on Saturday 17 Nov 07. Ideal for all you magazine fed rifle owners.  No good for LBR

PRACTICAL RIFLE SHORT RANGE MATCH (The Methuen Cup)

Practice 1 - Harassing fire
o Distance – 300x
o Position - Prone
o Rounds - 2 sighting shots, 10 to count
o Targets – Half DP1
o Procedure:

1. After the two sighting shots have been fired and signalled firers will be ordered to apply safety catches, stand up and adopt the ready alert position

2. On appearance of the target for 60 seconds adopt the prone position and fire ten rounds

3. Spotting discs will be shown on the target for 25 seconds

4. The number and value of hits will be communicated to the firing point

Practice 2 - 300-100 Rundown
o Type of practice - Fire & Movement
o Distance - 300-100yards
o Position - Prone at 300x, Sitting at 200x, Standing then Sitting or Kneeling at 100x.
o Rounds - 10 to count
o Targets – Half DP1
o Procedure:

1. At the 300x firing point competitors are to be in the standing ready alert position with rifles loaded, made ready and safety catches applied.

2. When target appears for 15 seconds firers adopt the prone position and engage with two rounds.

3. There will be a 1 second exposure of the target which will be the signal that the firers will have 30 seconds to run to the 200x firing point.

4. At 200x firers will adopt the sitting position and there will be two 6 second exposures of the target to be engaged with 2 rounds per exposure.

5. There will be a 1 second exposure of the target which will be the signal that the firers will have 30 seconds to run to the 100x firing point.

6. At 100x firers will adopt the standing position and there will be two 6 second exposures of the target to be engaged with 2 rounds per exposure, the first round from the standing position and the second from the sitting or kneeling position.

7. Safety catches are to be applied during all movement.

Practice 3 – Close Quarter Battle
o Distance – 100x
o Position - Standing followed by kneeling or squatting
o Rounds - 10 to count
o Targets - One Half DP1
o Procedure

1. Competitors are to be in the standing ready alert position with rifles loaded.

2. The target will make five double exposures of '3 seconds up, 2 seconds down, 3 seconds up' at irregular intervals over a period of 2 minutes.

3. The first shot at each double exposure is to be fired from the standing position and the second shot from either the sitting or squatting positions. Firers must return to the 'ready alert' position after each double exposure.

Practice 4 - Rapid
o Distance – 200x
o Position - Sitting
o Rounds – 2 Sighting shots, 10 to count
o Targets – Two DP1
o Procedure

1. Competitors are to be in the ready alert position with rifles loaded.

2. On appearance of the targets for 40 seconds competitors are to adopt the sitting position and engage targets.

3. No more than five hits will count on each target.

Practice 5 - Snap
o Distance – 300x
o Position - Prone
o Rounds - 2 sighting shots, 10 to count
o Targets – Half DP1
o Procedure

1. On completion of the sighting shots rifles will be made ready with ten rounds.

2. The target will make ten appearances of three seconds at different places across a 6 foot frontage with irregular intervals of between 5 and 20 seconds.

3. One shot only to be fired at each exposure

THE ELECTRIC TARGET RANGE (ETR) MATCH – ROUPELL MATCH 2 No Butt Marking

1. Outline of the Match.   This match consists of four practices, during which targets will be engaged at distances of 100, 200 and 300 yards.

2. Conditions

a. Ammunition Four magazines each of 10 rounds.

b. Targets
(1) At 100x, a single “Half DP1” target.
(2) At 200x, a single DP1 target.
(3) At 300x, a single DP1 target.

c. Exposures As shown in paras 3, 4, 5 and 6 below.

d. HPS Each hit will score 4 points. The individual HPS (Highest Possible Score) is therefore 160 points. The number of hits will be read out at the end of the match.

e. Ties Ties will be broken on the greatest number of hits at the longest range (300x).

3. Practice 1 Procedure

a. Timings in this practice will be as follows:

(1) One exposure of 25 seconds followed by two exposures of three seconds at 100x,
(2) One exposure of eight seconds (up and hold) at 200x,
(3) Four exposures of four seconds at 300x.

There will be a five second interval between all exposures.

b. Firers will be ordered to load with 10 rounds, apply safety catches and lay the rifles on the firing point.   They are then to dress back and adopt the standing position 100x behind the main firing point. The order "Watch Out!" will be given.

c. The first exposure of the 100x target is the signal to advance to the firing point, adopt the prone unsupported position, pick up the rifle, make ready and open fire.

d. Any number of shots may be fired at each exposure except that only three hits will count on the target at 200x.

e. At the end of this practice, firers will be ordered to unload and their rifles will be cleared.

4. Practice 2 Procedure

(1) One exposure of four seconds at 300x,
(2) Nine further exposures, three at 300x for four seconds, three at 200x for three seconds and three at 100x for three seconds.

There will be a two second interval between all exposures.

b. Firers will be ordered to adopt the "Prone Unsupported" position.

c. The 300x target will be exposed for four seconds. Firers should fire one round at this target. The target will fall when hit.

d. The target will then make nine more appearances as shown in the timing chart above. One shot should be fired at each exposure.

e. After the final exposure, firers will be ordered to unload and rifles will be cleared.

5. Practice 3 Procedure

(1) Five series of exposures of two targets at different ranges, the first exposure being for six seconds and the second exposure for three seconds. There will be a two second interval between exposures.
(2) There will be a total of four exposures at 300x, three at 200x and three at 100x.
(3) There will be a 15 second interval between each pair of exposures to allow firers to move back two yards.

b. Firers will be ordered to form up two yards behind their firing point, load with a magazine of 10 rounds and to make ready. They will be ordered to adopt the 'Standing Alert' position, and the order "Watch Out" will then be given.

c. On the appearance of the targets firers are to advance to the firing point, adopt the "Kneeling " position, release safety catches and open fire.

d. On the disappearance of the targets the firers are to apply their safety catches, move back two yards (keeping the rifles pointed down the range) and adopt the "Standing Alert" position without further order.

e. This procedure will then be repeated four further times, giving a total of 10 exposures in all.

f. Firers will then be ordered to unload and rifles will be cleared.

6. Practice 4 Procedure

(1) Five exposures of four seconds at 200x and five exposures of three seconds at 100x.
(2) There will be an interval of 10 to 20 seconds between exposures.
(3) Exposures will be in random order.

b. Firers will be ordered to load with a magazine of 10 rounds and to make ready. They will be ordered to adopt the 'Standing Alert' position, and the order "Watch and Shoot!" will then be given.

c. On the appearance of the targets firers are to adopt the Standing, Kneeling or Squatting position, release safety catches and open fire.

d. Firers must return to the "Standing Alert" position after each exposure.

e. After the last exposure firers will then be ordered to unload and rifles will be cleared.

For further details contact NRA or IM ACR26

Link Posted: 11/1/2007 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good - I'll be there !
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds good - I'll be there !

I've just emailed an entry form to you 310Cadet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Where do I get entry forms from?
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Recieved the email from Martin Farnan this morning, the ETR match sounds great !

Link Posted: 11/1/2007 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
No practicing then
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link removed
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#10]
A hessian sack or coat of paint might be in order, as long as the targets are easily definable against the background who cares.  Are the NRA going to paste over DP faces?
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are the NRA going to paste over DP faces?

The NRA have plain green targets. A DP target will paste over it - we tried and it fits nicely. The only downside to pasting a DP on them is that people will tend to shoot at the centre of the wrist area all the time - which will make a big hole in that area and make the target useless. Without the DP on it, people will just shoot all over the target, making it last longer...
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 1:40:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Not everyone will be able to shoot in the middle, and the Military do not have a problem with the Figure Targets on their ETR ranges so long as they are changed when required.

As long as the target can be easily picked out from the background who cares what colour it is.  The centre of mass will always get the most punishment.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 1:49:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not everyone will be able to shoot in the middle, and the Military do not have a problem with the Figure Targets on their ETR ranges so long as they are changed when required.

As long as the target can be easily picked out from the background who cares what colour it is.  The centre of mass will always get the most punishment.

Yep, for ETR targets having a set that isn't shot out is the key

Should be fun to see and hear all the protests for these shoots

'I hit my target and it didn't go down' will be heard accross the range
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 2:02:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I completely agree - but then the MoD isn't looking for a ROI on their targets...
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 2:07:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I completely agree - but then the MoD isn't looking for a ROI on their targets...

Ha ha, but Landmarc is, having seen some of the targets with the middle REALLY missing!
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 2:50:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Landmarc are supposed to be providing a service; they are to their Stockholders but not necessarily to the Range users.

However, if the NRA is going to try to get the ROI from the ETR set up they will have to accept that targets do get shot out and need replacing.  This will be particularly true with the NRA targets potentially seeing both .224 and .30 cal bullets, although I don't expect that their set up will suffer the volume of lead and copper seen on most military ranges, so a target face change may be quite a while off yet.

Oh, and it's a well know fact that there is no point challenging your score on an ETR range, protest if the targets malfunctioned and you're exposure was not correct, but if you think you had more hits than the system has recorded then Tuff Luck. Oh, and remember you may have missed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I may have missed this, but is the Bisley ETR installation temporary/permanent/on loan ?

Oh and wheres this video SF took ? ? ? ?
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I may have missed this, but is the Bisley ETR installation temporary/permanent/on loan ?

On loan, provided it gets the use it will be purchased
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a special place....away from inappropriate comment

Oh man I sill feel bad about that, please forgive me SF and everyone else.  It seemed funny in my head.  Feel stupid for breaking my own policy of 'if you haven't got anything sensible to say don't say anything'.

See you all on the 17th if you'll let me shot still :-)
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a special place....away from inappropriate comment

Oh man I sill feel bad about that, please forgive me SF and everyone else.  It seemed funny in my head.  Feel stupid for breaking my own policy of 'if you haven't got anything sensible to say don't say anything'.

See you all on the 17th if you'll let me shot still :-)

So it all your fault ? Thats just the sort of thing I'd expect from a wooden gun user

ETA - Saw the 'unit' on TV this week.....still rubbish
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the linky to the forms Streetfighter

See y'all there on the 17th!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#23]
There may be as many as 6 new to SR (and in some cases shooting) firers attending the event from the NRA Shooting Club (welcome if you are reading this).

I am asking for support, from those here, who can mentor these new shooters at their first SR shoot. This includes the many LURKERS!

They will need coaching and in some cases to borrow a rifle, they can purchase ammunition themselves.

Lets help to make SR a growing sport at Bisley, it will pay dividends for us all.

Get the word out to your local clubs too, Gallery and ETR matches at Bisley this season
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I think I'll wander along to have a look...
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#26]
i'll be there.
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Wont be able to make it for the first match of this winters league, but will be there for the December match.

I reckon with all the aggro being caused by the 3800J issue that a lot of shooters may well decide to try their hand at SR shooting instead.........you know TR and MR shooters may  hang that wooden gun up and buy a decent black rifle that wont be affected by the new limits.

Will this be a good thing or  a bad thing??????  
Link Posted: 11/9/2007 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Wont be able to make it for the first match of this winters league, but will be there for the December match.

I reckon with all the aggro being caused by the 3800J issue that a lot of shooters may well decide to try their hand at SR shooting instead.........you know TR and MR shooters may  hang that wooden gun up and buy a decent black rifle that wont be affected by the new limits.

Will this be a good thing or  a bad thing??????  

With the 9 Lane CGR set for Stickledown soon, should be good for business
Combine that with the option to have further reactive shoot / no shoot tgts at random distances for a 'Sniper Pairs' / Tac rifle match
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 2:51:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I will probably be there but HP take priority, I'll decide later this week.  

The 100m run at the start of the Roupell is going to catch a few people out, you have to run like "*^& to get a shot at the first target before it disappears.  

Are there going to be any posts to simulate cover for the kneeling stage?
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 3:00:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll be there on Saturday, looking forward to seeing these new targets !
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll be there and also convinced a target shooter friend to come along and have a go.
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 5:45:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I will probably be there but HP take priority, I'll decide later this week.  

The 100m run at the start of the Roupell is going to catch a few people out, you have to run like "*^& to get a shot at the first target before it disappears.  

Are there going to be any posts to simulate cover for the kneeling stage?

25 secs exposure, not that bad, no respirator this time And, if you miss that exposure you are allowed to use that round within the first stage.

Unlikely to be posts, as the kit will have only just been put into place in the days before.
In time there will be the full setup.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 2:16:01 AM EDT
[#33]
As the weather is going to be dry tomorrow and I'm not too far away in Portsmouth tonight I have decided that I'll be there.

I'd wrap up though as I think it's going to feel rather cold.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 3:22:11 AM EDT
[#34]
I just want to wish all of those who take part loads of luck and enjoy yourselves.

I hope that someone will have a camera and take and then post some action pictures for those of us who can't be there.

Tony
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll have my trusty Nokia N95 with me.....will try and capture some pics of any shooting gods who may be present....
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I wanted to come down to see what CSR is all about, but I have too much work on to make it this time. I hope to get down for the Dec shoot. I've just placed my order with Streetfighter for my new rifle so I'm keen to get shooting. Have fun.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I wanted to come down to see what CSR is all about, but I have too much work on to make it this time. I hope to get down for the Dec shoot. I've just placed my order with Streetfighter for my new rifle so I'm keen to get shooting. Have fun.

Well I'm glad he's getting some practice in on yours so he can get mine right later...
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 7:05:35 AM EDT
[#38]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Well I'm glad he's getting some practice in on yours so he can get mine right later...hat
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I'm glad he's getting some practice in on yours so he can get mine right later...

What are you doing posting on here at 2.20pm in the Aft? Shouldn't you be walking the streets protecting us??? I dunno, coppers eh!!

Walk!!! ... are you insane? I can't collect statistics for the HO on foot, that would take forever..............

Actually I don't seem to be in hardly at all this month, lot's of time owing. Apart from a callout and a training day I'm only doing five days with my main hat on, and only two of those to go... 'Spose I could pop in for a few days in December before I have 3 weeks off over Christmas..

Anyway, shouldn't you be out overcharging unsuspecting customers so you can buy exotic rifles.......obviously made enough for the day..........
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#40]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Well I'm glad he's getting some practice in on yours so he can get mine right later...hat

Walk!!! ... are you insane?hock.gif I can't collect statistics for the HO on foot, that would take forever..............

Insane? maybe!!

Actually I don't seem to be in hardly at all this month, lot's of time owing. Apart from a callout and a training day I'm only doing five days with my main hat on, and only two of those to go..have

If you've got time off, fancy the drive up to LSC one Thurs aft/eve for some PP practice? I'm getting fed up shooting on my own. Does Nick T. live anywhere near you? maybe you can drag him up as well.

Anyway, shouldn't you be out overcharging unsuspecting customers so you can buy exotic rifles.......obviously made enough for the day..........[;)

overcharging? ME?? can't do it, too honest!!! Maybe I Should have been a plod h
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you doing posting on here at 2.20pm in the Aft? Shouldn't you be walking the streets protecting us??? I dunno, coppers eh!!

Walk!!! ... are you insane? I can't collect statistics for the HO on foot, that would take forever..............

Insane? maybe!!

Actually I don't seem to be in hardly at all this month, lot's of time owing. Apart from a callout and a training day I'm only doing five days with my main hat on, and only two of those to go... 'Spose I could pop in for a few days in December before I have 3 weeks off over Christmas..

If you've got time off, fancy the drive up to LSC one Thurs aft/eve for some PP practice? I'm getting fed up shooting on my own. Does Nick T. live anywhere near you? maybe you can drag him up as well.

Anyway, shouldn't you be out overcharging unsuspecting customers so you can buy exotic rifles.......obviously made enough for the day..........[;)

overcharging? ME?? can't do it, too honest!!! Maybe I Should have been a plod

Made enough for the day? Deffo!!

Mexican Plod maybe. Nick lives about 5 mins drive from me. It's a tempting offer........
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 1:42:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Had a great day at Bisley yesterday for the SR match.

The ETR's on Stickledown for the afternoon match worked really well, lets hope they become a permanent fixture. (I've sent an email to Martin Farnan to show my support )

Who here managed to hit the first ETR at 100m after the 25 seconds rundown ? I managed to get that one, but made a mess of the rest  

Many thanks to all those who have worked hard to promote SR &  bring the ETR setup to Bisley

Heres a few pics I took with my N95:

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 2:06:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Good pics, looks like fun was had by all
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 3:17:13 AM EDT
[#44]
'CSR: Civilian Serivce Rifle - The Motion Picture' is currently in post production.  It is hoped it will be available for general release by the end of the week. Until then check out the trailer.
CSR Trailer (4.7Mb - Right click and 'Save As')
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 3:43:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Excellent little clip you put together and the photo's are great too.

Thanks

Tony

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 4:26:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Had a great day at Bisley yesterday for the SR match.

Heres a few pics I took with my N95:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nokiapics/17112007165.jpg

I spy a bipod

Didn't someone tell the guy in the above pic that your not allowed to use a bipod in CSR .................................................
Unless of course your ghey

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 4:29:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 4:31:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Excellent shoot yesterday. Some of the best fun I've had in a long time and with decent people to boot.

Shot like a blind man and it was freezing cold but it was definitely good.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:16:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
You can in open class, yet I fail to see why they do it.
Especially so as the scores being shot without them are reaching the point where we were several years ago, when we all used them.
Even Bogtrotter used one.

As long as the NRA offer a class for it I’ll probably do so.
Ok here’s why I do it.
I have two thirty round magazines neither of which perform flawlessly in my rifle if mag rested. They both rock slightly in the mag well. One seems to work best if the rifle is pushed fully forwards and one seems to work best if the rifle is pulled fully back. One is prone to feed problems if not lifted clear of the ground when cocking and one works pretty well. ( although pretty well isn’t what I’m looking for in a competition.)
I don’t enjoy shooting as much if I am mag resting because the groups open up due to the mag rocking in the  mag well under recoil, enough to cost  a few points here and there and I don’t want to be thinking about whether I should be pulling back or pushing forwards on the rifle for the particular mag in use and moving out of my shooting position in order to lift the rifle enough to recock it. The 30 round mag is just at the right height to have the tip of the butt of the rifle sit exactly on my collar bone when prone, not in the shoulder pocket.( admittedly I have a slightly deformed collar bone due to a motorbike accident) Under recoil the tip of the butt often slips under the collar bone , movement under recoil is not desirable and it means yet again having to adjust position slightly and after a while frankly it hurts.
Yes I could probably  adjust the butt plate to overcome this with whatever knock on effects to my other shooting positions and I could buy another 10 mags and burn up hundreds of rounds finding one or two that work or modifying them with wedges so they don’t move in the mag well but I don’t have the luxury of enough  time or money to persue this goal, especially when there is a class I can shoot in without having to.

If I can turn up and shoot in open class then I will, because I enjoy it more, even if it means I can no longer judge how well I’m shooting compared to the top names.  If I can’t  shoot off my bipod then I’ll happily shoot in service class and abide by the rules for that class although at the end of the day I’m bound to feel a little frustated knowing I could have done a bit better if the mags worked better.
I can understand the reason for a lot of the rules but some seem odd,  and may be putting  some people off having a go. I assume they are to bring us in line with Army rules but they rarely come with an explanation as to why they are being introduced so some can seem a bit arbritary. But , for instance why allow mag resting but not a monopod or resting the pistol grip, why not just say a single point of contact with the ground, or no part of the rifle may touch the ground? Why no vertical forward grips when the army AUG shooters can use them? Why no soft padding for knees and elbows or shoulders for that matter, as most of us are old gits now. Trigger weights also worry  me a bit  as most of us don’t have adjustable triggers so if we fall outside the limits ( which seem a little on the high side for civvie shooters) does it mean we can’t shoot on the grounds of safety?
I think to encourage more people into the sport maybe we should look at simplifying some of the rules rather than adding more.
Anyway don’t want to start a shitstorm just explaining why I prefer my bipod.

It was a good shoot and the Saab targets wroked well and made for a much  more interesting days shooting.

Are the results up anywhere yet?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top