Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 5:36:09 AM EDT
I really dunno how you folks deal with it...

Picked up my daughter and her friend in College Park last night and left for the Nissan Center at 5:30.  I know that was not the ideal time, but still, a drive on 495/66 that, without traffic - does that ever happen - should have taken about an hour...ended up taking four...as we got there at 9:30.  Seemed like every car in NOVA was headed to the Coldplay concert, and they bottlenecked 66 down to 2 lanes before exit 44 getting ready for road work that was to start today.  There were no accidents that I could see - anywhere.  Spent over an hour on 234 trying to get to Wellington - what is that 2-3 miles?

They still got to see about an hour and a half of the concert, but yeesh...hard to imagine we needed to leave at 3:30 just to have gotten there for a 7:30 concert...

Guess I'll know better next time...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a fatal accident on 28 just South of the interchange with I66 last night.  Madhatter was caught in the traffic and appearantly, it was horrendous.  I'm sure that would have a big effect on 66.

Not to say it isn't always bad, but last night was likely worse than most.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a total clusterfoxtrot, because friday night traffic is bad enough, add a concert at Nissan and it doubles. Friday night traffic is the worst of the week normally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top