Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 5:28:56 PM EDT
Hello everyone...recently I've become very interested in AR-15s only to be saddened to learn that NJ seems to prohibit them to some extent.  Does anyone know which variations I can legally purchase and own in this state?  I know I remember seeing something that looks awfully similar in gun stores but Im not sure what exactly they were.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
First welcome to the board!!

Basically any AR that isn't stamped AR15 on the receiver and in post-ban configuration is legal. No bayonet lug, no flashider and no folding or collapsable stock. You can have a muzzle brake.

Where are you from?

If your looking to buy one I can put you in touch with a dealer in Freehold who can order you one. Any make or model. He will only charge you $25.00 for the transfer and $15.00 for the State backround check. Also if you order one from out of state there is no sales tax to pay. Why pay retail?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a SEBR! .

Quoted:
Since Striker is AWOL I'll let the cat out of the bag

M4 (Type) carbine
(W/SEBR Logo 1 of 300?)
14.5 (M4 Type) Barrel, chrome lined with
(Izzy Suppressor/Compensator), bayo lug 1/7 twist.
Flat top upper with "T#" rail as per military configuration.
(Less A3 Handle)
6 position collapsible stock.

NY,NJ,MA,CT,Puerto Rico (Banned States) version will have permanent (Izzy Muzzle Brake) and pinned stock with no bayo lug.

Price $745.00 + $16.50 S&H per = $761.50 and any other related fees **

The rifles will be shipped in the lockable Bushmaster case with 1 30rd mag, sling & manual(banned states will get a 10rd)

Here's a link to the PDF with a picture: photos.ar15.com/images/products/m4-a3_sebr_carbine.pdf

Welcome to the board!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey everyone thanks for the info!  I am moving into Hamilton Twp. in mercer county.  Although I grew up in West Windsor Ive been living in Raleigh NC for the last 4 months.  A job opportunity came up that I could not pass up so I am on my way back to NJ.  The SEBR looks great, I just need to decide exactly what I want now.   Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a list of the guns banned in the state of New Jersey.  Hope this helps

RESTRICTED FIREARMS

New Jersey law restricts the ownership of certain semi-automatic and other firearms based upon their military appearance. The list includes:

Algimec AGM1 type

Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the

"Street Sweeper" or "Striker 12"

Armalite AR-180 type

Australian Automatic Arms SAR

Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms

Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms

Bushmaster Assault rifle

Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900

CETME G3

Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 type

Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 seriesDaewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2, AR 100 types

Demro TAC-1 carbine type

Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types

FAMAS MAS223 types

FN-FAL, FN-LAR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms

Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 Shotguns

G3SA type

Galil type Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1

Intratec TEC-9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms

M1 carbine type

M14S type

MAC10, MAC11, MAC11-9mm carbine type firearms

PJK M-68 carbine type

Plainfield Machine Co. Carbine

Ruger K-Mini-14/5F and Mini-1 4/5RF

SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG PE-57 types

SKS with detachable magazine type

Spectre Auto carbine type

Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48 type

Sterling MK-6, MK-7, and SAR types

Steyr A.U.G. semi-automatic firearms

USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun

Uzi type semi-automatic firearms

Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-automatic firearms

Weaver Arms Nighthawk

Any firearms which are substantially identical to any of the above firearms; any semiautomatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a conspicuous pistol grip, or a folding stock; a semi automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds. Any magazine with a capacity greater than fifteen rounds is prohibited, even if there is no semi-automatic firearm to accompany the magazine unless the person has a registered "assault firearm" and the magazine is used for DCM sanctioned shooting matches.

A part or combination of parts to convert or assemble a firearm into an "assault firearm" is also forbidden.

Any "assault firearm" not registered, licensed, or rendered inoperable pursuant to a state police certificate by May 1, 1991, is considered contraband.

Any "assault firearm" which was not owned prior to May 1, 1990, must be licensed. Application is made to the Superior Court for the county in which the person lives or conducts business. The fee is $75. The court must find that the public safety and welfare require the issuance of the license and the person must be qualified to obtain a handgun carrying license. For practical purposes, no one will be issued such a license.

If the owner of an assault firearm which has been registered dies, the owner`s heirs or estate shall have 90 days if unable to get a license to either transfer the assault firearm to any person or firm lawfully entitled to own or possess such firearm; render the assault firearm inoperable; or voluntarily surrender the assault firearm. According to the state police, removal of the firearm from New Jersey to a state where the gun would be legal is also allowed.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
dont worry guy.there is so much cool AR stuff for NJ your head will spin.
get a threaded barrel and have egw permanently attach a fake a2 flash hider. cant tell
the difference. nice stuff
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1

Any firearms which are substantially identical to any of the above firearms

so i guess any of those Special Weapons/Bobcat Weapons MP5 clones are no-no's also....?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcom to ARFCOM
Bergen Co NJ here

TL1

PS see here for a NJ legal AR15
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=299714&page=1

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=299714&page=1
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

so i guess any of those Special Weapons/Bobcat Weapons MP5 clones are no-no's also....?hr

If we can get AR clones that are essentially the same as an AR15, couldn't he get the MP5 clones as well as long as the names dont match? On that matter, does "Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms" blanket-treat everything (regardless if its called an AK, an MAK or a WASR/etc?)? Or can my PCR get a red-nemesis in the near future?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:00:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so i guess any of those Special Weapons/Bobcat Weapons MP5 clones are no-no's also....?

If we can get AR clones that are essentially the same as an AR15, couldn't he get the MP5 clones as well as long as the names dont match? On that matter, does "Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms" blanket-treat everything (regardless if its called an AK, an MAK or a WASR/etc?)? Or can my PCR get a red-nemesis in the near future?

Short answer is yes. Must be post ban configuration and 922r compliant.

Mags. are blocked to 15 rounds. No bayonet lugs, flashiders or folding stocks.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you Lugerman.  Good to know I can keep my SW5 ( i know - save your rants...) in NJ - as long as put the A2 stock back on....

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
My NJ legal Bushmaster is for sale in the EE, if anyone is interested.

John
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Here's a link to the PDF with a picture: photos.ar15.com/images/products/m4-a3_sebr_carbine.pdf

Welcome to the board!

The sad thing about the SEBR is it says "AR15.com" on the receiver...wouldn't take much imagination on the part of a police officer or DA to have it classified as one of the banned "Assault Weapons" in this state.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Welcome to the board!

The sad thing about the SEBR is it says "AR15.com" on the receiver...wouldn't take much imagination on the part of a police officer or DA to have it classified as one of the banned "Assault Weapons" in this state.

That's why I decided to not participate in the SEBR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top