Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 2:40:00 PM EDT
Get into a little mischief with the NJCSD!!!

The NJCSD will be hosting another SHOOTOUT on Saturday, October 30th rain / shine!

It will be held at the Buckeye Gun Club. MapQuest.com it for directions from your location:

501 Route 72
Barnegat, NJ
08005-1012, US

Some of the events will be:

ROPE SHOOT (Shoot the rope in half, make the log drop.)

PIN SHOOT (Can you clear your pins before your opponents do?)

CLAY PIGEON SHOOT (Shoot the clays from the furthest distance.)

SELF-DEFENSE SCENERIO (How do you react under pressure?)

FOR THE FIRST TIME we will introduce at least 2 rifle events. Rifles are not to be above the caliber 30-06 but higher than .22 calibers.

$20.00 all you can eat. (This is a fund raising event)
$5.00 each event.

Sign in starts at 9:00am. Shooting starts at 10:00am.

Ask anyone who went to our past shoots about the fun and friendships made. Bring at least four (4) boxes of whatever handgun ammo you are shooting, three mags, mag holder, holster if you have one, PLUS rifle ammo if your going to compete in those events. Pistol caliber is to be .380 or above.

Caution:

Make sure what you bring is “Jersey legal”.
Transport firearms unloaded. Case them and ammo separately. Lock both if you can. Transport them in the trunk. No magazines that can hold over 15 rounds. Come directly to the range from your location. When leaving, go directly home. (Yea, Jersey law sucks. NJCSD will be working on it)

Go to www.njcsd.org , click on “General Interest” then click on “October 30th NJCSD shoot” for any updates.

http://www.njcsd.org/board/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=ef419a0653dfe5f741bf0ca7e2157e64;act=ST;f=21;t=2041;st=20;&#entry11029

Contact me at [email protected] if you are able to attend so I can get a good head count.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Ray Woodrow 3rd
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody from AR15.com coming to this thing?

I have heard from Bobby_the_hun and FMjunkie but nobody else.

Let me know if bringing some rifle events into the mix is a waste of time or worth it.

Who's showing up?

RW3
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
im considering going
I need to buy some ammo now
sounds like fun
will i need a holster or anything like that
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
For the self-defense shoot you need some sort of holster. What are you going to use? Maybe I have something you can borrow for the events?

RW3
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to go!
If Im off Im going for sure.
Will bring my M1A, AK74 (SAR2) and either a Sig226 or 1911
Keep us posted

Live in Northeastern NJ(near the George Washington Bridge), so if anyone wants to follow me down, let me know.

feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#6]
hmmm well
I have quick acess to a tac vest with a crossdraw, a leg holster
I have either my Glock 23 or Glock 21
then my Bushmaster and AK47 oops SAR1
i doubt the 50 cal would work too well though
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hmmm well

If you ever figure out how to get make a 30 round mag for it, it should work out just fine.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is what I am thinking about for the rifle shoots guys. I think you will like it................

1) Load with 10 rounds

From 50 yards you will start to walk continuously and engage 5 targets from 50 yards to 30 yards while traversing the range at a 45 degree angle. 2 shots for each target.

2) Load with 10 rounds

From 50 yards you will walk straight towards your target and engage 5 targets while in motion. Once you reach the 30 yard line your done whether you shot all 10 or not.

3) Load with 15 rounds

From 20 yards you will walk backwards while engaging a man sized target for scoring.
You will shoot 5 while on the move starting at 20 yards, shoot 5 while on the move once you cross 30 yards, and the remaining 5 before you cross 40 yards.

4) Load with 15 rounds

From 50 yards you will shoot 5 rounds in the standing, 5 rounds in the kneeling, and 5 rounds in the prone for score.

Did I mention that you will do 60 seconds of jumping jacks before each event so that your pumped up?

Who's in????????

RW3
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here is what I am thinking about for the rifle shoots guys. I think you will like it................

1) Load with 10 rounds

From 50 yards you will start to walk continuously and engage 5 targets from 50 yards to 30 yards while traversing the range at a 45 degree angle. 2 shots for each target.

2) Load with 10 rounds

From 50 yards you will walk straight towards your target and engage 5 targets while in motion. Once you reach the 30 yard line your done whether you shot all 10 or not.

3) Load with 15 rounds

From 20 yards you will walk backwards while engaging a man sized target for scoring.
You will shoot 5 while on the move starting at 20 yards, shoot 5 while on the move once you cross 30 yards, and the remaining 5 before you cross 40 yards.

4) Load with 15 rounds

From 50 yards you will shoot 5 rounds in the standing, 5 rounds in the kneeling, and 5 rounds in the prone for score.

Did I mention that you will do 60 seconds of jumping jacks before each event so that your pumped up?

Who's in????????

RW3

Will there be a time limit for these stages?  Are the targets paper?  Oh and good luck with anyone doing the jumping jacks.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
hmmm well

Shit Jonas, you going tactical or is that casual wear?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Jumping jacks or running in place, it does not matter M1-Matt.
The idea is to get your heart rate up and the blood pumping in your system before you start.

Targets will be 5 in total for sets 1 & 2.
(clay target, bowlingpin, clay target, bowling pin, clay target)

Clays will be chest high (orange in color) while the pins will be on the ground setting on a railroad tie.

This is not a timed event as "SAFETY" is a must and a timer would make things difficult because you would rush.
Your timer will be your walking to a designated point. You will always be in motion while shooting except for the last  rifle event.

Events 3 & 4 targets will be "B" man size targets(I think B-28's in blue) shooting for best score.

RW3
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I THINK WE JUST MIGHT DO THAT!

I have people mag change for the pistols, turn around is fair play.

RW3
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
THIS IS PHIL FROM BRICK ARMORY I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND AND DONATE SOMETHING FOR A RAFFLE FOR THE CHARITY SOMEONE CALL ME 732-477-0800 TO SEE WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE DONATED
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:47:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the offer Phil.

Someone will contact you ASAP.

(By the way, the chinese SKS I bought off of you this year is excellent. My 17 year old is in love with it.)

RW3
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:51:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Guys and gals of ar15.com:

If you are coming, please go to www.njcsd.org and log in. Then go to the bulletin board/General Interest section/October 30th shoot thread. Answer the pole and post that you are attending so I can get a good head count.

Looks like 11 people so far. The event will be capped at 20 people.

RW3
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#17]
BOYS AND GIRLS:

Please go to our site at www.njcsd.org and state if you are showing up. I need a good head count.
Contact me at [email protected] for any info you may need.

RW3

Here is the line up for the NJCSD "Mischief Day" shoot.

The New Jersey Coalition For Self Defense
“Mischief Day Shoot”
Saturday, October 30, 2004

ROPE SHOOT
6 Individuals start at the 20-yard line with 6 rounds in their pistols. Each person has a log suspended in the air in front of him or her. At the sound of the whistle or the command to fire, they are to try and shoot the rope in half causing the log to fall. If at the 20-yard line nobody cuts the rope, at the command of the instructor, the people will reload 6 rounds and advance to the 15-yard line. They are to commence firing once the command is given. If nobody cuts it in half at the 15-yard line, they are to, at the command of the instructor, reload 6 rounds and advance to the 10-yard line and repeat the steps above. Once at the 5-yard line, the people will shoot 6 more rounds, when given the command, and at the command of the instructor, reload 6 rounds and repeat staying at the 5-yard line until someone shoots the rope in half. The winners will advance to the finals once everybody has gone through a relay.

CLAY SHOOT
6 Individuals start and stay at the 20-yard line with 6 rounds in their pistols. Each person has 5 clay targets in front of him or her. At the sound of the whistle or the command to fire, they are to try and shoot the clays until they shatter on impact and fall completely off of the nail holding it. If nobody knocks all 5 off the nails holding them, they will, at the command of the instructor, reload 6 rounds while staying at 20 yards and fire to knock the remaining clays off their holders. The winners will advance to the finals once everybody has gone through a relay.

PIN SHOOT
4 Individuals start and stay at the 20-yard line with 6 rounds in their pistols. Each person has 4 bowling pins in front of him or her. At the sound of the whistle or the command to fire, they are to try and shoot the pins off of the railroad ties until they fall completely off of the railroad tie it is set up on.  If nobody knocks all 4 off they will, at the command of the instructor, reload 6 rounds while staying at 20 yards and fire to knock the remaining pins off the railroad tie. The winners will advance to the finals once everybody has gone through a relay.

SELF-DEFENSE SHOOT
Individually, a shooter will load their firearm with 6 rounds, holster the firearm, have a reload of 6 rounds in a magazine or a speed loader and approach the instructor on the range. From 2 yards, at the command of the instructor, the shooter will draw and engage the target (B-28 blue) man-sized target in front of him or her firing 3 rounds from the hip into the target. After firing 3 rounds, the shooter will still face the target and safely retreat to a barrier behind them firing 3 more rounds while on the move. Once behind the barrier, you find out that your “good arm” has been disabled, cannot move and can only hold things but not bend. Reload 6 rounds, via speed loader or magazine, with your “good arm” disabled and fire 3 more rounds at your target behind cover and three more while retreating to the end of the course.

4-EVENT RIFLE SHOOT
1) Load with 10 rounds. From 50 yards, you will start to walk continuously and engage 5 targets (clay/bowling pin) from 50 yards to 30 yards while traversing the range at a 45-degree angle giving you 2 shots for each target.

2) Load with 10 rounds. From 50 yards, you will walk straight towards your target and engage 5 targets while in motion. Once you reach the 30-yard line at the berm you are done whether you shot all 10 rounds or not.

3) Load with 5 rounds. From 20 yards you will walk backwards while engaging a (B-28 blue) man-sized target for scoring. You will shoot 5 while on the move starting at 20 yards, change up with a magazine loaded with 10 rounds, shoot 5 while on the move once you cross 30 yards, and the remaining 5 before you cross 40 yards.

4) Load with 15 rounds. From 50 yards you will shoot a (B-28 blue) man-sized target for scoring, 5 rounds in the prone, 5 rounds in the kneeling, and 5 rounds in the standing for score.

Did I mention that you will do 60 seconds of jumping/running in place before each rifle event AND the self-Defense Shoot so that you’re pumped?……………… I didn’t think so.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#18]
+1 on the headcount.  

As of now, I'll need to borrow a full sized 1911 Holster from someone.  

I’m looking to get a holster for events like this, please feel free to IM or e-mail me any recommendations.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
+1 on the headcount.  

As of now, I'll need to borrow a full sized 1911 Holster from someone.  

I’m looking to get a holster for events like this, please feel free to IM or e-mail me any recommendations.  

Get yourself a paddle style fobus holster, no need to go tactical until the next BRD or Blackwater.The fobus is a less expensive option just for events like NJCSD.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#21]
UPDATE:

16 people are showing up to the New Jersey shoot so far as per the  "October 30th NJCSD shoot" pole in the
"General Interest" section of www.njcsd.org.

WARNING:

We will have to put a cap on how many can participate due to safety constraints so if your coming answer up in the pole. This will be better than shooting at paper fellas. Come on out, have a good time, and support the NJCSD all in the same gathering.

RW3

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Jus t a reminder
I emailed you already
I'll be there

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#24]
VA-gunnut

When is life ever fair?  

These types of events only get the saliva flowing for more training. It becomes VERY adictive!That is why people who come to the shoots I hold come again and again. They can't do this type of thing on their home ranges.

The shoot is educational:
People learn that it is a different world trying to defend themselves when they are shooting, moving and mag changing from the everyday standing still paper punching or the people who "bench it".

There really isn't any stress in these shoots guys just good learning and great times.

My idea of a good shoot:
Everybody showing up, having a great time, meeting like-minded people and going home without any un-naturally placed holes in them. This is my prerogative.

Show up. You will enjoy it.

RW3
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#25]
post some pics of the prior shoots please

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#26]
+1
I'm planning on attending the shoot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#27]
These are the only pics I have, taken about two years ago. It was a www.thefiringline.com event held at Buckeye. The range has changed dramatically since then.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fsimila/GUNCLUB/index_frame.htm

This is our club's "unfinished" website.

RW3
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Sorry, got tickets to a show in NYC
catch ya next time
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Northern NJ Residents:

I will be travelling from Bergen County to help Ray coordinate the shoot.  You guys are welcome to carpool.  I have a sedan, so I can take myself +3 others.  Just a heads-up, though, I need to leave early, to help Ray set up for the event, and typically help clean up afterward, so it will be a LONG day if you go with me.

Email me from the board here, or you can reach me at: [email protected]

Also, don't forget to see our post regarding the FREE BUS TRIP to the Bush Rally in Wildwood the following day!!!  Link here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=186663

Regards,
Robert Kreisler
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I live in Bergen Co. by FortLee and would like to carpool  to the shoot.
I will bring my car and am willing to drive down with you and anyone who needs a ride
I would like to follow you there and am offering rides to those who life near by
I drive a chevy blazer
LMK
Steven
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I was wondering if 30rd blocked ar15 mags are ok to bring to the shoot
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#32]
M4SS109 and other riflemen,

As long as you, or somebody else who REALLY tries (I.E. officer friendly), can not get the 16th round in your mag, I see no problem.

MAKES SURE ALL YOUR STUFF IS JERSEY LEAGAL when you show up.

Anybody else coming????????

RW3
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Attention anyone from Bergen County!
I am planing on meeting at the Barns and Nobel (book store) on 17 SOUTH in Paramus @7AM on the morning of the shoot. Anyone who wants to follow us down please meet us there at 7AM sharp.
So far there are 2 of us meeting at B&N. All going are welcome.
Thanks

Note: There is also a B&N book store on 17 north bound - DO NOT go to that one.
We WILL leave at 7AM sharp!!!
Otherwise, we will see you at the shoot

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Wave,
We are 18 responses on the NJCSD board and about 6 through email.

ANY OTHER TAKERS??????????

RW3
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#36]
REMINDER FOR ANYONE MEETING AT BARNS AND NOBLE BOOK STORE

WE WILL BE LEAVING AT 7AM SHARP

SO GET THERE EARLY

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:54:30 AM EDT
[#37]
The October 30th shoot shall go on...........

RAIN OR SHINE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

A little rain never hurt anybody and we have a full sized club for you to stay sheltered from the rain when your not shooting...........

SIGN-INS START AT 9:00AM

SHOOTING STARTS AT 10:00AM

At 10:01am the front door will be closed and late comers will have to come around to the left of the building and enter at the rear door to register. A sign will be on the front door stating that.

RW3
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:52:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Kudos to Raywoodrow3rd,NJCSD and the Buckeye Gun Club for hosting this shoot, I had a good time despite my lack of shooting skills ( I really need to practice,practice,practice). A very nice turn out (30+ people, but not all were shooting)even though space was limited to first come first serve, I was disappointed for the lack of ARFCOMERS that showed up ( 4 at best including myself ). I am hopeful the gun club will allow for expansion to accommadate more shooters for the next gathering.On a side note everyone on the NJ Hometown board should give some thought in supporting NJCSD in some way or another now that we have a PRO-GUN Republican Candidate for NJ Governor to support.His name is Steve Lonegan, currently the mayor of Bogota, NJ (www.lonegan.com).He stopped by prior to the shooting activities to talk with us about his stance in NJ. Please also check out NJCSD.org.Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:26:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Many thanks  to Ray, Robert and all the members of the Buckeye Gun Club!  Everyone had a great time and learned a lot.  I certainly learned how difficult it is to shoot at bowling pins while walking.  I hope to see some of our new friends from Buckeye at the next NJ Blast at Fort Dix.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Nice pics -- thanks
Thats me in the 6th pic far end of the firing line
It was an awesome shoot
The people were great and very informative
Hope to see you guys again

Steven
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I'm really sorry I couldn't make this.  I've scolded my wife repeatedly for not conforming to my schedule...

That's exactly why she is taking sooooo long
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Hi all, first post here.

I met a couple of you at the NJCSD shoot on 10/30 and it was my pleasure.  Antonio and ZBrane (?) allowed me to paw all over their various Bushies.  I was hell bent on a Colt M4 but after seeing the Bushies, I have changed my mind.

I have now started my AR "education" in earnest and hope to make a purchase in the near future after I figure out what I want/need.

In any case, I'm glad to have met some of you and look forward to shooting with you again in the future.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Hi all, first post here.

I met a couple of you at the NJCSD shoot on 10/30 and it was my pleasure.  Antonio and ZBrane (?) allowed me to paw all over their various Bushies.  I was hell bent on a Colt M4 but after seeing the Bushies, I have changed my mind.

I have now started my AR "education" in earnest and hope to make a purchase in the near future after I figure out what I want/need.

In any case, I'm glad to have met some of you and look forward to shooting with you again in the future.

CJ

Welcome to the Board, Captain_Tuttle. Whether you have a Black Rifle or not, please feel free to attend our BLAST. There are plenty of goodies to PAW ALL OVER.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#45]
When is the next blast by the way? I really wanted to go to the mischief day shoot, but I had to work. I have my lower build rifle to sight in, as well as an SKS and a new shotgun that I want to try out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#46]
AR.15 members:

I would like to thank all the members here who showed up for supporting the NJCSD. I hope you enjoyed the FREEDOM that is allowed at Buckeye and, if your not a member, that you would become one and support the cause that NJCSD stands for through your membership AND your participation. WE NEED THE BODIES TO FILL POSITIONS!!!!!!!!!!

One thing though............

All I know is that Bowling Pins everywhere in New Jersey are breathing a sigh of relief!!!!!

We need to work on our shooting skills fellas!!!!!!!!

As you found out, benching your gun and shooting is a FAR DIFFERENT WORLD than shooting while on the move!!!!!!

When it came to pistiols........

I tried to do a lot with my .44 special BUT I now know the error of my ways and will stay with my trusty Beretta 92FS that my son stole off of me for the shoot!!!!

I think we will play with the shotgun next time.........

Who's up for an NJCSD pistol/shotgun event in the spring, say around April 15th????????

RW3

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Shooting a pistol or rifle on the move was a LOT more difficult than I thought it would be.  Shooting pistol with my weak hand was pretty awkward too.  These are definitely skills I need to practice.    
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Im up for anothershoot as soon as possible
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top