Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/17/2004 11:51:24 AM EST
Well I have my Ameetec lower sitting here and I am thinking of turning it in to a SAM-R or a SPR clone. With the federal ban gone do muzzle breaks need to be permanently attached to a threaded barrel in NJ? Both my M1A and BAR have threaded barrels for flash suppressors and are not permanently attached, they also do not have pistol grips. I have looked in the NJ statue and do not see anything mentioned about permanently attached muzzle breaks. If they had to be permanently attached in NJ would red Locktite work? Or to cover my ass should I just have one pined and welded on when I have the upper built?
Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:46:30 PM EST
Pinned and welded or silver solder is the way to go. Loctite can be removed with heat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:05:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By FRSHOOTER:
Pinned and welded or silver solder is the way to go. Loctite can be removed with heat.

That is correct I should have known better. I guess my main question is do muzzle breakes need to be permanently attached in NJ.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:39:40 AM EST
YES.

Semi-automatic Assault Weapon = A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
1. A folding or telescoping stock
2. A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon
3. A bayonet mount
4. A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor
5. A grenade launcher
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:55:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By PK90:
YES.

Semi-automatic Assault Weapon = A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
1. A folding or telescoping stock
2. A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon
3. A bayonet mount
4. A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor
5. A grenade launcher

Thank you Paul that is what I was thought. I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Matt
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:04:23 AM EST
I hate to hijack the thread but I have a similar question. I have a beretta CX4 storm. It does not have any of the 5 items listed. I wanted to thread the barrel to add a barrel heat cover. Would I have to weld this into place or can I leave it removable?
Top Top