Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:37:26 AM EDT
Just found this by surfing web . Thought it might be useful for other new NJ ar-15 owners like my self. I'm going to sigh up myself.[URL=http://]http://shootnj.com/RifleAR.html
Link Posted: 8/9/2009 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure that`s the right address? I can`t get it to work.
Link Posted: 8/9/2009 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know anything about this class?
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone know anything about this class?

Not sure what sort of info you're looking for Rutgers.  The NRA First Steps classes are very basic (more so than even a Basic Rifle) - usually on the order of a few hours long.  There will be range time for basic familiarization with firing.  First Steps classes are usually very small (four or fewer students, though I'm wondering if this instuctor may have more).  The NRA does not have an "AR" class - the First Steps classes usually focus around one action type (i.e. semi-auto rifle).  In this case, the instructor has chosen to narrow it down even more, and focus specifically on the AR platform.  Hopefully someone here has some experience with this instructor/school.  If in doubt, give them a call for more info.
Link Posted: 8/17/2009 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend told me about this thread so I registered to answer any questions you may have... I should have registered on here long ago actually.  Im one of the instructors giving the AR first steps class.  As many of you are aware, there are many new AR owners since the election last november... we decided to run this class because many new owners (and some not so new owners) have no idea how to zero, clean, or even fire them... we've actually seen people with ARs that werent even NJ compliant (bought out of state or altered after purchase).  So we decided to run this class for AR owners not too familiar with them.  So to give you a rundown... you're going to see about 3 or 4 hours worth of classroom instruction where we talk about the nomenclature, disassembly, cleaning, and legal possible accessories of the AR platform.  We will have 4 or 5 of our ARs in the classroom as well and whatever the students bring so you'll have a good number for comparison.  After the classroom portion we will have a quick lunch and head to the range for an hour or two where you will shoot your AR with your ammo.  Our goal is to have all students loading, unloading, and firing their rifles safely.... and have a proper zero with their ammo before they leave.  There will be 2 instructors for the class and a max of 6 students.  If you have any more questions, let me know or give Chet in the office a call.

Cameron Green
ShootNJ Senior Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor and CRSO
Link Posted: 8/17/2009 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A friend told me about this thread so I registered to answer any questions you may have... I should have registered on here long ago actually.  Im one of the instructors giving the AR first steps class.  As many of you are aware, there are many new AR owners since the election last november... we decided to run this class because many new owners (and some not so new owners) have no idea how to zero, clean, or even fire them... we've actually seen people with ARs that werent even NJ compliant (bought out of state or altered after purchase).  So we decided to run this class for AR owners not too familiar with them.  So to give you a rundown... you're going to see about 3 or 4 hours worth of classroom instruction where we talk about the nomenclature, disassembly, cleaning, and legal possible accessories of the AR platform.  We will have 4 or 5 of our ARs in the classroom as well and whatever the students bring so you'll have a good number for comparison.  After the classroom portion we will have a quick lunch and head to the range for an hour or two where you will shoot your AR with your ammo.  Our goal is to have all students loading, unloading, and firing their rifles safely.... and have a proper zero with their ammo before they leave.  There will be 2 instructors for the class and a max of 6 students.  If you have any more questions, let me know or give Chet in the office a call.

Cameron Green
ShootNJ Senior Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor and CRSO

Sounds like a fun, compact class sir!

/ml
NRA dude too...
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Took this class today with Cameron two other staff and four students.  Spent the morning in class going over the basics of the AR-15.  Had lunch then a drive to Ft. Dix for shooting and zeroing our ARs.

Had a great time.  Learned a lot.  Cameron did a great job.  I need lots of practice shooting this  thing.

Class highly recommended.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I also took class with hellfish . Class was full of information well run by Cameran and fun. It makes a big differance shooting with a person with years of experiance on the ar platform ( you can't learn everything from reading blogs). got my gun zeroed in nice. learned breathing tips any realized i need glass's past 100 yards (lol). great job SHOOTNJ looking forward to signing up for handgun class.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, wish I had known about this sooner!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you the same RUTGERS95 that posts at rutgersfan.com?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Great info.  3 of my friends all bought new AR's so I will definitely let them know about this training course.  I got all my training when I was in ROTC and it was great training.  Hated the white glove inspections.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you the same RUTGERS95 that posts at rutgersfan.com?

scarletnation.com.....RU the guy with the 'don't tread on me flag' in the yellow lot?

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep that's me - I'm RUScrew85 on Scarletnation.com.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep that's me - I'm RUScrew85 on Scarletnation.com.

nice!!!!  Love your flag by the way, will get one like that someday as well.  Where in NJ RU?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Im glad you guys had a good time.  I had a great time teaching the class and the offer always stands, if you have any questions, shoot me an email.  Good luck and safe shooting!!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#16]
By the way folks, we may be running this class again sometime soon.  If anyone is interested, check out ShootNJ.com and look at our calender... or send the owner of the company an email (link in the staff page on the sight) and let him know youre interested.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
By the way folks, we may be running this class again sometime soon.  If anyone is interested, check out ShootNJ.com and look at our calender... or send the owner of the company an email (link in the staff page on the sight) and let him know youre interested.

What is the cost of the lesson?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
$125 with lunch   well woth it
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I was on shootnj web site and saw they are running the AR class again on the 10th of october.  A must take all new to the AR platform
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top