Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 11:10:36 AM EDT
Just what we need here in NJ

NJ Police Foil Teen Gun Plot
April 5, 2006 - The criminal justice system in New Jersey is processing three teens that investigators say were plotting a Columbine-style massacre.

It happened at Winslow Township High School on Folly Road in Atco, New Jersey.
The alleged plot involved the teens threatening to shoot a large number of students. The suspects are all freshman, ages 14, 15 and 16. Investigators say these arrests headed off what could have been a Columbine-style massacre.

Brett Waller/Winslow Twp. Police: "They were planning on going into the lunchroom, around 4th period, and going to start a food fight. From the food fight, they were going to start throwing chairs. Then the ringleader, who's a 15-year-old, he was going to pull out a handgun and fire one shot to get everybody on the ground. At that point he was going to walk around and start executing people as needed."
The plot unraveled when word about the plot got out on the internet and rumors started spreading around the high school. The suspects were brought in for questioning and police say they confessed.
The teens are part of the so-called "Goth culture" and which dabbles in satanic worship and witchcraft.

The boys apparently got into a conflict with some other students, and that's when the plot was hatched. They were stymied by 2 events. First, police say the boys were trying to buy guns from underground dealers. One of the dealers took their money and never delivered the guns. Second, the other dealer was arrested on an unrelated outstanding warrant before he could supply the guns.

Police say they hate to think what might have happened if the boys had been successful.

Now the boys are facing a detention hearing in Camden and face terrorism-related charges. Investigators say the investigation continues with the possibility of more arrests to come.

(Copyright 2006 by 6abc and Action News. All rights reserved.)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Scary stuff...

We'll probably see a campaign against illegal guns (all from surrounding state, of course.) like that going on in NY.

Also, I fail to see what the "goth culture" has to do with the story other than media sensationalism (yeah, I guess that was the point...).  Goths are not satanists and especially not wiccan.  Good job on the research there 6ABC...

BoBo
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
These boys are up shits creek.    Stay tuned for more to come.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the best thing I can say is, I'm glad they didn't succeed, because not only would have it been a tragedy, it would have created another opportunity for gungrabbers to enact even more useless legislation.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
gun control
hahaha
only affects us law abiding citizens
they just dont get it
if you want
a full auto tec9 (gangstas gun of choice)
you can get it through so many illegal sources
its ridiculous
not that i know any but its true
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, glad they were stopped.  It kinda hits home even though it's not my town.  It's my state and not much more than 1.5 hours away, though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
hang the kids

i dont want to risk losing my guns to assholes like this
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I am NOT defending them, however IIRC they were bullied. Schools turn a blind eye to the abused - trust me I know - in HS I came dangerous close to plunging a knife in the chest of taunting huge football player who sat behind me for the entire freshman year. I literally had to sit it out, eat shit and bark at the moon - the next year he had mellowed. Now fast forward my older son. Gets abused by this one kid in grade school day-in day-out, we complain, etc... we find out kids mother is the NURSE at the school both attend. Our parental cries go NOWHERE. My son comes home one day with a bootprint on his face - WTF!!! Still goes nowhere, even with the local PD. My son, really BIG (NOT FAT)for his age and VERY strong, never did ANYTHING to kick this POS ass in - why, because his mother thought the school would help. Then one school September the bully tries to engage my seated son, son stands up and literally towers over this kids - huge summer growth - gets in the bullies face and says, "You really don't want to do this, do you?" Shit stopped. My point? Usually I have no point and babble quite often after morning coffee . Kidding aside - having seen how bullies ARE protected I can see where the abused would "BREAK" and become so desparate as to do VERY VERY bad thing!!!

<rant off>  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am NOT defending them, however IIRC they were bullied. Schools turn a blind eye to the abused - trust me I know - in HS I came dangerous close to plunging a knife in the chest of taunting huge football player who sat behind me for the entire freshman year. I literally had to sit it out, eat shit and bark at the moon - the next year he had mellowed. Now fast forward my older son. Gets abused by this one kid in grade school day-in day-out, we complain, etc... we find out kids mother is the NURSE at the school both attend. Our parental cries go NOWHERE. My son comes home one day with a bootprint on his face - WTF!!! Still goes nowhere, even with the local PD. My son, really BIG (NOT FAT)for his age and VERY strong, never did ANYTHING to kick this POS ass in - why, because his mother thought the school would help. Then one school September the bully tries to engage my seated son, son stands up and literally towers over this kids - huge summer growth - gets in the bullies face and says, "You really don't want to do this, do you?" Shit stopped. My point? Usually I have no point and babble quite often after morning coffee . Kidding aside - having seen how bullies ARE protected I can see where the abused would "BREAK" and become so desparate as to do VERY VERY bad thing!!!

<rant off>  

sorry but everyone at some point was bullied in school, hell even I was the base of a few jokes, but you didnt see me plotting to kill dozens of classmates....this is just wrong.  

Next you know itll be because of violent video games, or Die Hard movies, or some $hit...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<rant off>  

sorry but everyone at some point was bullied in school, hell even I was the base of a few jokes, but you didnt see me plotting to kill dozens of classmates....this is just wrong.  

Next you know itll be because of violent video games, or Die Hard movies, or some $hit...

Did you read the first sentence of LD's reply???? He's only saying how he can understand how and why something like this can and does happen.

Hang them?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Dieter122-

My point was about BULLIES, but and HOW schools have allowed the bullying behavior. Left unchecked as it has gone for years, people crack. My post was NOT a justification for their the conspiratorial intended blood bath.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dieter122-

My point was about BULLIES, but and HOW schools have allowed the bullying behavior. Left unchecked as it has gone for years, people crack. My post was NOT a justification for their the conspiratorial intended blood bath.

It's typical that schools do little to stop bullying.  It's easier for them to ignore the problem than actually face it, unfortunately.  I've seen it before and I'm sure I'll see it again, schools are just doing their best to CYA nowadays .
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Dieter122-

The problem is that kids aren't allowed to have a good, old-fashioned fist-fight anymore without the police arresting people and parents filing lawsuits and whatnot. See, back in the day, one kid beat another kid, the beaten one would realize that the other one is the better man and should be treated as such, and there would be no showboating or taunting, that would be it. Heck, the two might even get along quite well after a good fight. All this anti-violence crap of the past few decades actually only increased the violence because kids don't have a healthy outlet for it and cannot break a bully's face because they will get expelled/arrested for it. Yes, years upon years of abuse (say the 4 years of highschool) will do terrible psychological damage to even the best of us. Asshats create monsters and then wonder why the monsters turn on them and want to kill them. Let the kids get a few punches in and leave the police and courts out of it. No one ever got killed in a good old-fashioned fight.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dieter122-

The problem is that kids aren't allowed to have a good, old-fashioned fist-fight anymore without the police arresting people and parents filing lawsuits and whatnot. See, back in the day, one kid beat another kid, the beaten one would realize that the other one is the better man and should be treated as such, and there would be no showboating or taunting, that would be it. Heck, the two might even get along quite well after a good fight. All this anti-violence crap of the past few decades actually only increased the violence because kids don't have a healthy outlet for it and cannot break a bully's face because they will get expelled/arrested for it. Yes, years upon years of abuse (say the 4 years of highschool) will do terrible psychological damage to even the best of us. Asshats create monsters and then wonder why the monsters turn on them and want to kill them. Let the kids get a few punches in and leave the police and courts out of it. No one ever got killed in a good old-fashioned fight.

Yup - and the bullying NOW is done in packs, almost GANGS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top