Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 4:06:32 PM EDT
OH MY GOD WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!

You guys who didn't make it out really missed the perfect day.

Well, despite the perfect day, we had a smaller turnout this time.  No matter, it was still a good time as always!

We ended up with four raffle prizes - special thanks to MAP for the contribution!  Lucky guys who won need to post and tell us about your prizes...

The 50/50 again paid out $50 to the lucky winner.  And wouldn't you know it, that lucky winner was ME!  Well, I just can't be having that so, I gave the money to VA_Gunnut's son Justin for being such a well behaved and responsible young shooter.  That was one 9 yr old that left a rich boy!

Now the important stuff - results of our little competition.  Not too many shooters but I was really happy to see everyone get a chance to actually shoot at 200 yards for the first time.  It was an experience I think everyone enjoyed.

Our good friend MAP was happier 'n a pig in shit when he walked out to the 200 yd line and saw what his EOTech did.  The bastard edged me out of winning that class!!

See results below, I highlighted the high score for each round in each class as well as the highest overall score in each class.

Unfortunately, no one else shot in the 'magnified optics' class so, my PERFECT SCORE went unchallenged.  But, I think I can live with the misery...

Here are the results:

Unfortunately, since no one in the whole world seemed to sell batteries this weekend, I don't have any digital pics.

So, let's hear from everybody else who went and all those just crushed that they didn't go!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well in the 45 minutes I was there I did manage to get my rifle barrel smoking, literally!!!
I loaded about hmmm 8 to 10 mags and didnt stop firing until they were empty.
I managed to show up however after a nice morning of that dreaded WORK thing.
the food was good after and boy did i get full...
which was the NY guy I was talking to
I want some of those movies and stuff
IM me about them
laterz
Once again thanks toRob for setting up another fun day no matter how late  I was there.
cant wait for the next one and hope I can plan to be a bit earlier.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
What a day!!!!

Super beautiful weather, great toys to play with and I WON A $50.00, yes that's a FIFTY DOLLAR Gift Card to Best Buy. Did you hear me you guys who did not make it??? $Five Zero Dollars!!! Justin, our official raffle mascot/"picker", thanks for selecting #640!

We all shot well and enough and then pigged out at the "diner" where I experienced the "Wiscosin Burger" w/o the bun - - one free soda and MAP's cole slaw! Those low carb diets can be killers.

FMJunkie thank you for a great day, thank God for a beautiful clear day and Mother Nature, well thanks for the SUNBURN!

Lion_dog
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Justin and I had a great time shooting, and getting to see some of the old faces, and the new ones. To bad more guys couldn't of made it out, but it just made the odds of winning a raffle prize that much better. I won a Brownell's mini-screwdriver, and Justin walked away with $50. He talked about that all night.

The weather was nice, and we both got a little sunburn but we'll survive.

Thanks again to Rob for hosting another great day, and putting all the hard work in to make it happen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Rob,

Thanks again for another wonderful shoot.  Can't wait until next shoot - November - did someone say left over pumpkins???

Woohoo, second place.

Too bad we couldn't get access to the Bastone Range, you know the one with the mock city block.  Wow, now that would be something.

The weather was perfect.  The food was great.

VA-gunnut, thanks for the assist on the flat tire buddy.  Got to a gas station and filled the original tire with air and took off the donut, drove home without a hitch.  Thanks again.

It was great meeting everyone.

555R, I don't know whatever you are talking about.  But IM on the way.

Map, great job on the Non-Magnifed Optics Class.

But kudos goto Rob our host.  Cool beans on the Magnifed Optics class.  Kicked ass hands down.

Thanks again Rob.

BTW, for those who didn't get to go today, some of us wacko's were kicking around the idea of a night shoot at Fort Dix's.

Have a safe flight FMJunkie.  God's speed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Once again, kudos to our host, Rob for another great day on the RANGE.A fun day for all plus SUNBURN too ! Rob, I promise you that I will improve my groups at 200 yds, with a little more practice.Can't wait till the PUMPKIN MASSACRE
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The weather today was absolutely perfect!  I must be the only Filipino in the world with the ability to get sunburned on a beautiful day like this. Oh well...

I won the heavy duty Gerber multi-tool today.  At first I was tempted to select another prize because I just bought a Leatherman two weeks ago.  I'm so glad I reconsidered because this thing rocks!  The best feature is that all of the blades & tools lock in securely in place once they are opened.  No trips to the ER with this baby.

Rob, thanks again for hosting another awesome NJ Blast!  I'm already looking forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I think nametags should be used next time as I keep mixing up who is who all the time.
HEY
i just realized didnt Justin win last time too?
hmmm I see a conspiracy going on here
hehehehehe
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think nametags should be used next time as I keep mixing up who is who all the time.
HEY
hehehehehe

Humph!!! What happened to the REAL MEN at this SHOOT??? Name tags, we don't need stinking name tags!!! REAL men get TATOOs on their FOREHEADS of their names, right????
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HEY
hehehehehe

Humph!!! What happened to the REAL MEN at this SHOOT??? Name tags, we don't need stinking name tags!!! REAL men get TATOOs on their FOREHEADS of their names, right????

Sounds Goods, Lion-Dog, YOU go first !
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Goods News Dept.- The lost 10 rd. mags found after the BLAST belong to John, aka Zbrane.
The LOST-N-FOUND DEPT. is now Empty. If only someone could leave behind their RIFLE .
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HEY
hehehehehe

Sounds Goods, Lion-Dog, YOU go first !

Thinkin' on it, but a name change really gotta be a BITCH!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#12]
OUCH !
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Great time on Saturday! Not to mention the weather...Thanks Rob for setting this up and looking forward to the next one. BTW I was the lucky winner of the binoculars!

Special thanks to Anthony/VAgunnut for taking the time to help me zero my gun and Lion Dog for the 2mag session on his 308.

See you guys at the next one!

Ed
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Bobby for the mags, I shouldn't have left in such a hurry.  (But there were no beach babes at range 14.)  

It was a another great shoot. Thanks to everybody who took a look at my float tube.  My rifle will definitely be in action next time.  

(spellcheck)
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#15]
zbrane,

I have your shovel.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:37:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Glad to see that you got back into your acount MAP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top