Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2009 6:06:09 AM EST
I'm going to transfer an automatic firearm parts group from out of state. The seller tells me that a class II or class III is required for the transfer. Is there someone in the area within a couple of hrs drive that is recommended for such a purpose? I've seen the remarks about Coal Creek in the other post, and I have dealt with them when it was called Gun Craft Sports. I'd prefer someone else at this point. I'm near them and Frontier Firearms, however, I travel to at least half of the counties in East TN during any given month. I'd especially like to hear from someone that's had one transferred in––regarding the process. This will be my first.

I've also seen this list:
http://www.mouseguns.com/gunshops.htm

Thanks for any help,
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 1:28:49 PM EST
try s&r guns in algood east of cookeville. They are good guys. talk to steve johnson.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 3:04:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 3:29:22 AM EST
In Range in Kodak or Confederate Firearms in Whitesburg can help you.

Link Posted: 6/7/2009 5:22:26 AM EST
Thanks all. I see Gunrunners all the time and forget to stop by there. Looks like they're only open Sat and Monday.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 1:00:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:27:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By tenOC:
Thanks all. I see Gunrunners all the time and forget to stop by there. Looks like they're only open Sat and Monday.

He's open Thurs-Sat 11-6. He has a nice collection in there hanging on the wall (none for sale), and a few items that are for sale. I've done a few transfers through him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:30:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By Plunky:
Originally Posted By tenOC:

He's open Thurs-Sat 11-6. He has a nice collection in there hanging on the wall (none for sale), and a few items that are for sale. I've done a few transfers through him.

I wanted to do business with him, but apparently he didn't share the sentiment. I called to get a price on a Gemtech Tundra and didn't hear back from him, waited a few days and called again...he said he sent Gemtech an email and they hadn't responded. Again I asked for a price and said I wanted to buy one soon (I was trying to get in on the Tax Promo). I guess it was too much to ask to pick up the phone and call a rep so that they could help a customer out because I never heard from him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:54:23 PM EST
I know J.P. works full time at FedEx, and it is just him & his son running the place, hence the limited hours. He does have quite a few cans in stock from Gemtech & YHM. I can buy things that he doesn't have from other vendors/dealers and just do the transfers through him, and have had no issues doing that. I have never bought anything from him. He does quite a bit of business though, for every time I've been there, people are buying things. Sorry he didn't get you taken care of.

He has been easier for me to deal with concerning NFA items than Crowder's Vac & Gun shop. I should have known though, seeing the vacuum cleaners in a gun shop, that doing business there would suck, lol. I heard through the local grape vine that I wasn't the only one not liking Crowder's after I tried dealing with them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:36:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Predator Custom will handle Class3 transfers also.

thanks for the info, right down the road
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:51:55 PM EST
Where are you coming out of because there is one in Athens. Its called All American Gun Shop www.allamericangunshop.com

Top Top