Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2003 10:07:32 AM EDT
I am moving to Loudon Co. from Fairfax Co. in the next few months.  I just bought a house out there, so I will be a permanent resident(not renting).  

I am interested in getting into the NFA game and I understand that I'll have to get a Loudon Co. LE to sign off the Form 4.  Are there any NFA friendly LE officers who are senior enough to sign Form 4s in Loudon Co.?  

I am just starting to get educated on the whole NFA legal stuff, so if I have glossed over or misstated anything, please correct me.  I just wnat to find out if it is realistic to pursue NFA goods in Loudon Co. or if I will run into a brick wall.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been told the Sheriff will sign.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
One would think that loudoun would be better than Fairfax in this regard. But, i don't have first hand knowledge.
Welcome to Loudoun County!! There are elections coming up - time to beat up on some of these 'dumb/smart growth' tree huggers.
DD
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
devotedad,
Thanks for the warm welcome!  At the present, my house is still being built, so I won't be moving for probably at least another month and a half.  I am looking forward to being further out in the country though!  The commute will suck, so I will probably be looking for a new job after a couple of months driving to Crystam City every day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
One would think that loudoun would be better than Fairfax in this regard. But, i don't have first hand knowledge.
Welcome to Loudoun County!! There are elections coming up - time to beat up on some of these 'dumb/smart growth' tree huggers.
DD

Welcome to Loudoun, but what passes for the Repulican party in Loudoun (Bought, paid for, signed, sealed and delivered, by major land development companies like Toll, Pulte, et. al)is gonna have it's ass handed to it on election day.  The incumbent board chairman now an Independent candidate since the "Republican" party was bought by new management, is going to win again.

The citizens of Loudoun have said loud and clear at the polls that we don't want the whole county Ashburnized (sprawling, middle class subdivision, full of cookie cutter homes packed as densely as possible).

Don't come crying to me about "property rights".  These same people have for years benefited from lowered taxes (while the rest of us pulled the slack) for having their 100 acre estates and investment land in "land use" and are now screaming bloody murder because now when they subdivide and cash out, they'll only get $10 million instead of $16 million, due to lower density zoning.

If the Loudoun "Republicans" do manage to win, it will be a testament to the backroom deal, good ol' boy, politician for sale culture and the residents of the county will be the poorer for it.

If these views qualify me as a tree huggin' dumb ass, then I'm in good company.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude,

Move to Prince William. The sheriff is a democrat, but will sign form 4s.

Heck, you could buy my house. It's for sale.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:14:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Welcome to Loudoun, but what passes for the Repulican party in Loudoun (Bought, paid for, signed, sealed and delivered, by major land development companies like Toll, Pulte, et. al)is gonna have it's ass handed to it on election day.  The incumbent board chairman now an Independent candidate since the "Republican" party was bought by new management, is going to win again.

The citizens of Loudoun have said loud and clear at the polls that we don't want the whole county Ashburnized (sprawling, middle class subdivision, full of cookie cutter homes packed as densely as possible).

Don't come crying to me about "property rights".  These same people have for years benefited from lowered taxes (while the rest of us pulled the slack) for having their 100 acre estates and investment land in "land use" and are now screaming bloody murder because now when they subdivide and cash out, they'll only get $10 million instead of $16 million, due to lower density zoning.

If the Loudoun "Republicans" do manage to win, it will be a testament to the backroom deal, good ol' boy, politician for sale culture and the residents of the county will be the poorer for it.

If these views qualify me as a tree huggin' dumb ass, then I'm in good company.

Dunno really if we are at opposite ends of this argument. My position has always been that Uppity folks out west cannot have it both ways. They are the ones who want to pack all growth on the eastern part of the state even as they control the spending of revenues. I lump them with the PEC and everybody else as who they are, liberals without a clue. BTW, preserving their foxhuntin(nuthin against that)way of life never includes our RKBA.
Sorry for the OT AAngel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top