Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2004 5:36:12 PM EDT
Ok , here's the deal

I have the option to buy a NIB M-16A1 from an estate sale from a NFA friendly state .
I know full well that there is no way to bring it into NY , but short of buying property in
CT or PA can it be done ?

I did a little research and it looks like I can buy it and have it transferred to a dealer
in CT or PA where they can store it for me until I can swing the property purchase in a year or two .

This is beyond a great deal and It would kill me to pass on it , but I don't want to find myself in violation of a regulation that I missed . So the question is : Has anyone here in NY done this or looked into it in depth ??

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:50:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/15/2004 3:34:31 PM EDT by Aardvark]
I don't think you'll be able to get it into CT. Only "automatic only" weapons are still allowed. The M16A1 is selective fire and would be subject to their idiotic Assault Weapons Ban. The relevant line from the State Police website says:

"Connecticut residents may purchase Machine Guns if they are capable of a “full automatic only” rate of fire. Any select fire weapon is considered an “Assault Weapon” and is prohibited by State Law."
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:34:06 AM EDT
Call a class 3 dealer in PA, I remember There being one close to the Delaware River Gap in Stroudsburg, He should be able to answer all your questions.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:12:53 PM EDT
Chrome; I spoke to Helldog today - get the deal done and email or IM me. Its not a problem and I've got plenty of dealer contacts (most of whom I've done business with and can personally vouch for) that can handle it for you.
Top Top