Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 9/15/2011 5:46:35 PM EST
Can, and how, do I pass my NFA weapons to my kids when I'm dust?
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 1:41:57 AM EST
If you currently have them on Form 4 or 1, you can transfer them to your heirs on a Form 5 tax-free when you die.

If they're held in a trust, the heirs can be listed as trustees.

A lawyer could answer these questions much better than I can.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:10:20 AM EST
Form 5 is the easiest way for an individual as outlined above. It's a tax-free transfer to your heir.

Trusts offer some other ways to handle it, but those answers are best handled by an attorney.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:39:11 AM EST
I have my nfa on a trust, my wife is my back up. But when my son is old enough he will be the trustee.
Top Top