Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 6:43:14 PM EDT
WELL! after three weeks of no sleep and endless hours its finally done... and will be opened to the public on Saturday (2-4-06).. now for some pic's..

WELL SINCE DARTH WONT POST IT, SEE THE RANGE IN ACTION

BASH ME MOUSE BUTTON HERE !!!!!!!!
darth re-cut it and didnt post it on AR15, so i did!   enjoy it it's only about 1:25(sec) long...

please tell me what you think!  after more money was spent on a project, than ever should..
we now have this.. for a short time we're going to keep it to pistol cal.'s to work out any and all bugs, but after the testing we did tonight(2-3-06) everything looks fine (give it a couple of weeks).
I'm too tired to type anymore, so i hope you fokes like it because we did it FOR YOU! tomarrow i'll post some pic's of how it looked in the past(crappy)... cheers aza..
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice job. First thing is it is BRIGHT. So many ranges are so low light you need night sites to shoot. When you have time talk about what kind of back stop you are using and is there a vent system? I would strongly suggest you post BIG Range Rules signs in and around the range. Not to be a prick but to help remind us about safety. I would place a big First Aid kit there if you do not have one. In that kit I would include some Quick Clot sponges. This is a new device that stops bleeding from gun shot wounds and serious injuries. This has saved a lot of soldiers over in the sandbox. Check it out on the web. Lastly, indoor ranges need double up ear protection rules. You may want to recommend shooters double up. I use surefire form fitted ear plugs under Peltier ear protectors. Again nice job. Hope to shoot there too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Great job guys! I will drive up on Mon or Tues to shoot.
I'm sure today will be a madhouse. +1 on posting range rules/ safety guide.
The Place looks nice. Can't wait to use it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice, looks like it should be easy to keep clean. The place we have here in Sarasota / Bradenton is a dirty dog.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice, guys!!!
I'm gonna have to make the trip soon!

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Very NICE! Looks like I may have to take a trip. Plus its BRIGHT, I like that, most ranges are DARK and its hard to see your sights
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got back from shopping at the new and improved Fowler Firearms. The new walk through is bigger so you can get a small party through rather than 1-2 at a time. It's bright in there. Unfortunatly someone has already tagged the walls, otherwise it looks fantastic. I do like that they have posters about 4 feet tall with the rules and reminders to keep your hearing protection on.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just got back from shopping at the new and improved Fowler Firearms. The new walk through is bigger so you can get a small party through rather than 1-2 at a time. It's bright in there. Unfortunatly someone has already tagged the walls, otherwise it looks fantastic. I do like that they have posters about 4 feet tall with the rules and reminders to keep your hearing protection on.

I litterially missed you by 2 minutes. I walked in 2 minutes after you left. I bought a new glock 20 in 10 mm automatic. I shot on the new range too. very sweet. nice smooth floor. easier to find your brass on and easier to sweep. each lane has a target light. it is VERY bright in there. the stainless steel diamond plate is very nice.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the Diamond Plated Lanes. It gives me a warm and fuzzy knowing that they are somewhat bullet resistant. I always hate it when I get stuck next to someone that is holding a gun for the first time in thier lives.

I would suggest lane numbers that way if someone is screwing around they can just say " that nuckle head on lane 5 keeps shooting the floor in front of his lane"

Also some sort of file hanging system to hold targets, tape and of such.

Otherwise as stated before it great. Nice and bright, clean and looks like it will all hold up. Great job well worth the money I think. To bad you are not alittle closer to me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nice job. First thing is it is BRIGHT. So many ranges are so low light you need night sites to shoot. When you have time talk about what kind of back stop you are using and is there a vent system?
I would strongly suggest you post BIG Range Rules signs in and around the range. Not to be a prick but to help remind us about safety.
I would place a big First Aid kit there if you do not have one. In that kit I would include some Quick Clot sponges. This is a new device that stops bleeding from gun shot wounds and serious injuries.
This has saved a lot of soldiers over in the sandbox. Check it out on the web. Lastly
, indoor ranges need double up ear protection rules. You may want to recommend shooters double up.
I use surefire form fitted ear plugs under Peltier ear protectors. Again nice job. Hope to shoot there too.

Actually there are range rules posted: they are about four foot by four foot in the range, and out side the range and also in-side the man trap..  not to mention the range rules a shooter MUST read and sign-off on before even being allowed on the range... you should know that MTUSA you've been there, right!

We do! i am a certified EMT and CERT. (you might not like the way i treat you but its effective) but yes we have a couple of med kits, including quick clot!

NOT NEEDED! we have some of the most advanced sound dampening stuff in there! what don't you think WE wanted it! the whole place is geared towards comfort.

also there are numbers on each lane(not in pic) also a P.A. sys on each lane, "so we can ADVISE you".

the booths are bullet resistant up to (i think) 50bmg. there is armor under the diamond plate

if you look in the pic's you'll see the target holders on each lane.  so our quests can use (the p.c. incorrect) life size Johnny jihad, couples in love, disgruntled mechanic, and angry nascar dude targets, along with bulls-eyes and other stuff..  

dont worry we know what were doing.....
I'll post some more pic's and a video sometime soon.....

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:42:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
dont worry we know what were doing.....
I'll post some more pic's and a video sometime soon.....

Rich and Josh are both very educated men when it comes to Gun Safety.  Both are NRA Certified Instructors and besides that, are idiots to deal with... doh... I mean cool guys to deal with!  LOL

Want some help w/ the pics and video?  I can shoot down someday this week after work and we can put a video type commercial together and post it on thet net.  I saw a Circuit City commercial recently that I wanted to recreate with the same Camera Movements and Special Effects.  Besides, I haven't seen Josh in such a long time and I think I need to give him a hug!

Let me know!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thats an exceptionally nice looking indoor range. One where I work looks like a dump next to that. Ours looks like a dump next to about anything actually!

Well get in ther and clean it up and put in some new brighter bulbs  TAN MAN. LOL. Nice range by the way, very nice.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Cool I havent been in a in door range for YEARS and YEARs!
Very nice and Bright.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#14]
new video added at top...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Shot there this past Monday.
Great job! Worth the drive for me
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#16]
you didn't introduce yourself to me, did you,... you asshat... i wanted to say hi in person !!!! you tard, next time your there the day im working say hi....

i'll give you some candy...

howcome no-one has said anything about the video yet?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#17]
The video looks great. I thought at first it was the one that darth showed me the other day. He gets to show off his new gun, you get to show off the new range. :)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Dangit that place looks nice!  Nice vid Rich and Steve!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard mention of Fowler Firearms this evening on the radio. Someone on 99X was suggestion that Cheney should go there for some firearms safety lessons. :)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought those pics looked familiar.

I was just doing a search for a range in Ft. Myers and came across Fowler Firearms's site. When I opened the pics page and saw the range I thought I'd seen all that diamond plate before but couldn't remember where. After doing a search here this link came up, which I saw when it was first posted.

I'll be coming down there at the end of April because my Mom is helping my Grandmother move back up to IL.

Hopefully I can bring them on a Thursday, ladies day, and let them shoot my Glocks.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#23]
VERY nice!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Are we related?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Are we related?

you lost me...??? what?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]
The name of your range is also my last name
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#27]
long last name dude.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Ass!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top