User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2004 7:39:42 PM EDT
What laws do we get passed?

Any ideas, thoughts?

We's done good the last two times.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
first step is to get Ballantine elected.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Need to do away with the ban on concealed carry in establishments that sell alcohol for consumption. I'm talking mainly about resturants. Also would like to see the places where admission is charged ban lift as well.

Later,

Dave
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Need to do away with the ban on concealed carry in establishments that sell alcohol for consumption.

agreed, this is a huge one.  would like to see it repealed in NC & SC
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
After Patrick becomes our governor of course.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on all the above.

i don't know about renewal costs - seems like it would be good to have a cap on costs to keep any backdoor limitations being placed on CCW permits "here to renew your license sir?  that'll be $400 - administrative costs and all, ya know."  

also, i'd like to see a simplification of hunting regulations and seasons - they are setting traps for hunters with all the miniscule regulations in areas, wierd seasons, limits, etc.    
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
In my opinion CCH renewal costs are to high already. Hell, they all ready did the fingerprints and background check with your first CCH permit. Why is the background check needed again?

Later,

Dave
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#7]
On a national level, I would love to see a movement to take sound suppressors off of the NFA list.  While it's a long shot, imagine how nice it would be for hunters to be able to knock 30 to 40 dB off of hunting rifles.  Given that silencers aren't really silent, and a good can could knock more dB's off than a good pair of earmuffs (that hunters can't really wear anyway) it would be an easy logical arguement.

In reality it won't happen, but damn, it makes sense to me.  

Locally, I'll agree with all of the above.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
On a national level, I would love to see a movement to take sound suppressors off of the NFA list.  While it's a long shot, imagine how nice it would be for hunters to be able to knock 30 to 40 dB off of hunting rifles.  Given that silencers aren't really silent, and a good can could knock more dB's off than a good pair of earmuffs (that hunters can't really wear anyway) it would be an easy logical arguement.

[off topic]Do any of you guys know it it's legal to hunt with a suppressor in NC? Are there any restrictions on that kind of stuff?
I have one transferring in right now and was just curious. Carry on...[/off topic]

CHRIS.  

I wish I may, I wish I might, hunt with a supressor tomorrow night.  

I'm not up on the NC supressor laws.  I'll do some research.

I do know that it's legal to pop tangos in war zones with supressors.  I'll trade you.  Not.

Stay safe.  Need anything?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[off topic]Do any of you guys know it it's legal to hunt with a suppressor in NC? Are there any restrictions on that kind of stuff?
I have one transferring in right now and was just curious. HRIS.
I wish I may, I wish I might, hunt with a supressor tomorrow night.  he
I do know that it's legal to pop tangos in war zones with supressors.  I'll trade you.  Not.

Stay safe.  Need anything?hr

I just read the Regs Digest again. I did not see anything stating that supressors were illegal. The best advice I can give is to check with your local Game Warden/Conservation Officer.

Later,

Dave
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
In my current living situation (orange county) it's not a reasonable endeavor.  I'm not sure if the alternative to CLEO signoff work for suppressors in NC.  I know they don't work for MG's.  It's also financially out of bounds right now too, but knock off the transfer fees and 200 dollar tax...  Thing is, it's not practical for most average joe hunters.  While the electronic ear muffs offer some of a solution, I'll admit that my experience with them is limited to seeing other guys and saying "hey those are neat," and I don't know if they are practical to wear hunting.  

If only the bone heads who make firearms laws...  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]
threefiftynone-
I'm doing ok over here.  It's pretty safe where I'm at.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
+1 on all the above.

i don't know about renewal costs - seems like it would be good to have a cap on costs to keep any backdoor limitations being placed on CCW permits "here to renew your license sir?  that'll be $400 - administrative costs and all, ya know."  

also, i'd like to see a simplification of hunting regulations and seasons - they are setting traps for hunters with all the miniscule regulations in areas, wierd seasons, limits, etc.    

That is because the deer population is low in some areas and higher in others.

Machine guns and silencers are legal for hunting if you own one. The regs say nothing about them.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What laws do we get passed?

Any ideas, thoughts?

We's done good the last two times.

CRC

how 'bout we get rid of all the unconstitutional gun laws
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top