Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 11:11:57 AM EDT
OK folks been talking bout building an AR 15 for a month or so and thought I would stroll into the Hickory Gun Show and do a little Christmas shopping... Never realized that half of the state was showing up to wipe out any chance of finding anything AR related... Tony Customs seem to have some really neat stuff but it came apparent rather quickly that my money should be spent on stripped lowers, ammo, and mags.... All that seemed to have dissappeared by Sunday when I returned to buy..... Been to 4 Gun Shops since then in trying to find a lower receiver or even doing the paperwork on a lower..... Does anyone know of a place I can pick up a few lowers at a decent price within a reasonable drive of Hickory... Kept getting funny looks at some of the local GunShops when the words AR came out of my mouth... Almost like it was taboo for them to get involved in dealing with the paperwork!!! Charlotte Gun Show is this weekend and I would love to build a couple AR 15s but it seems it all starts with some lower receivers...... Lost in Catawba County!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Lower recievers have dried up in NC ! All the mailorder companies I have talked to are talking a 4 - 6 month wait. Good luck, hopefully someone will have a couple of spares from builds.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Jims in Fayettville. They had a few DPMS for $139 last week. Thye may be gone by now.

Patrick
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my last lower here they always seem to have to order maybe you could call and see.  The last one I got from there was an essential arms lower.  414 Second St. North Wilkesboro,  NC  28659     Phone: (336) 838-4851 Duncan Gun
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
call Archdale Ammo in Archdale NC, 336-434-1522

they had a couple earlier this week
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
call Archdale Ammo in Archdale NC, 336-434-1522

they had a couple earlier this week

Yep, just got back from there 10 minutes ago.  I saw a couple on display, they were both DPMS I believe and complete.  Didn't ask about stripped ones.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys rock!!!!!! Thanks for all the help!!! Picked me up 2.... Now comes the fun part of building these puppys!!!!!!!!  Next step..... P mags and a couple of bricks of ammo!!!  I have found theat pmags are as hard to find as lowers!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
found some pmags at www.sogarmory.com decent pricing considering........

don't know if they are still rolling them or not.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I got some pmags from http://www.streichers.com/content.aspx?page=arfcom

the other day, may still have some and their a site sponsor

Blackops_1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top