Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2010 2:04:37 PM EDT
As of this afternoon, our governor has declared a state of emergency for the state of North Carolina.

Because of state law, it is now illegal to carry any firearms off your own property.

I have already emailed the Second Amendment Foundation about this.

www.saf.org

I suggest everyone else do the same.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Source for that one?  The governor's site never really spells it out.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Source for that one?  The governor's site never really spells it out.  

Where does it say in that link?

Good luck with them stopping me from carrying as I wish.
Too bad I don't have a handgun or I'd carry it for the sole purpose of my God-given right to do so.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The law is being challenged lawsuit
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
NCGS 14-288.7

§ 14‑288.7.  Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions.

(a)        Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:

(1)        In which a declared state of emergency exists; or

(2)        Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring.

(b)        This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties.

(c)        Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Just imagine how many people are "breaking the law" w/o even knowing it... especially the ones on the complete opposite side of the state where they likely won't even be effected. Stupid law.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just imagine how many people are "breaking the law" w/o even knowing it... especially the ones on the complete opposite side of the state where they likely won't even be effected. Stupid law.

Yep, calling for clear beautiful weather here in the Mtns for the next several days, but I can't CCW because of a hurricane that might pass 400 miles away?
Freaking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
So I guess going to the range Saturday would be illegal? How long can a state emergency last?

Edit: I Just read about the law suit, we are lucky to have Alan Gura fighting the good fight, I think I will join the SAF
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So I guess going to the range Saturday would be illegal? How long can a state emergency last?

Edit: I Just read about the law suit, we are lucky to have Alan Gura fighting the good fight, I think I will join the SAF

Looks like the declaration lasts:

http://www.governor.state.nc.us/NewsItems/ExecutiveOrderDetail.aspx?newsItemID=1328

This Executive Order is effective immediately and shall remain in effect for thirty (30) days or the duration of the emergency, whichever is less.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still going to carry. I'll act like i didn't know.  I live in High Point so i think i i'll be okay.

funny thing is i bought a box of ammo less than an hour ago.....and i open Carry as i always do.....and walked passed a cop and he saw my gun and didn't even bat an eyelash.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I might understand that law if martial law was in effect but not for a state of emergency.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I might understand that law if martial law was in effect but not for a state of emergency.

Agreed. I still wouldn't be a supporter of the law but it'd be a little more understandable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to SC on Friday to hunt.  I will have two AR's, a 700, and numerous handguns and ammo.  I have a good two hour ride south through eastern Charlotte/Concord from Greensboro before I get in to SC.  I'm not one to disrespect authority, but if a SHP or Sheriff pulls me over and tries to give me shit about that, I'm going to have a hard time keeping a straight face.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:59:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I posted this info on Matt Mittan's Facebook page.  Hopefully he will bring it up on the Take a Stand radio show on 570 WWNC this afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#14]
well, sounds like it's time for the .gov to go.

Wonder if his security guards will be following the law?

Good luck to you in NC.  Stay safe.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

well, sounds like it's time for the .gov to go.

Wonder if his her security guards will be following the law?

Good luck to you in NC.  Stay safe.

TXL

Fixed, but she is a mini-me of the last gov anyway.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#16]
It says "dangerous weapon".  My pistol is not dangerous so f them.  BTW - let me say once again how f'ed up this stupid state is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Purdue is a progressive and needs to be voted out when its possible.

That said, hardly anyone knows about this "law" and I'm sure many people are carrying and thinking they are perfectly legal.

Its things like this that have made me decide to move to SC as soon as it is financially possible for me to do so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]
This is no longer an issue.

Per an email I just received from the Govs office.

"The Governor exercised her authority under the Emergency Management laws to declare a State of Emergency for the safety and welfare of the citizens of North Carolina.  There is NO restriction of citizens engaging in lawful activities with respect to firearms or alcohol. "

They stated that if firearms were affected the SOE order would specifically reference Chapter 14 Article 36A in the body of the SOE order. They also stated that if you were detained in reference to this the officer could contact the AG office and verify this as agreed between the AG office and the Governors office.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"The Governor exercised her authority under the Emergency Management laws to declare a State of Emergency for the safety and welfare of the citizens of North Carolina.  There is NO restriction of citizens engaging in lawful activities with respect to firearms or alcohol. "

They stated that if firearms were affected the SOE order would specifically reference Chapter 14 Article 36A in the body of the SOE order. They also stated that if you were detained in reference to this the officer could contact the AG office and verify this as agreed between the AG office and the Governors office.

Please show me where in statute 14-288.7 it says that the statute has to be specifically referenced to take effect?

§ 14‑288.7.  Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions.

(a)        Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:

(b)        This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties.

(c)        Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

This kicks in automatically once a state of emergency has been declared.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That said, hardly anyone knows about this "law" and I'm sure many people are carrying and thinking they are perfectly legal.

Its things like this that have made me decide to move to SC as soon as it is financially possible for me to do so.

I'll be right behind you. I'll probably have to wait until I retire but I'm sick of living in the Massachusetts of the South. Love the geography but hate the ever increasing nanny state, tax and spend, we know better than you do attitude of the "leaders" of this once great state.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please show me where in statute 14-288.7 it says that the statute has to be specifically referenced to take effect?

Sheesh, if the Gov office is putting it in writing and they have made the agreement with the AG I'll go out on a limb and say it's good with me. Having discussed this with emergency management people in the western area they also agree that only if stated by the gov or if enacted by individual counties does it affect firearms transportation.

Written verification from the Gov office is good enough for me for now.

If you have doubts then please do not carry or transport firearms until the SOE order is rescinded.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#22]
It's not just concealed carry. Or open carry.

Dove season starts Saturday. Every hunter will be illegal.

Sure, sure the governors office is busy trying to dance around the issue, but the law is very specific in its intentions and wording. It's not by accident it's written that way.

You be test case. I'll watch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This was on WRAL... Having the Wildlife Resources Commission permission may look good at your trial.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's not just concealed carry. Or open carry.

Sure, sure the governors office is busy trying to dance around the issue, but the law is very specific in its intentions and wording. It's not by accident it's written that way.

You be test case. I'll watch.

Yeah, if the legislature had wanted to have an exemption if the governor said so, they would have written it into the law.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I took a carbine class when we had one of these....Each and every one of us was breaking the law that weekend...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm going to SC on Friday to hunt.  I will have two AR's, a 700, and numerous handguns and ammo.  I have a good two hour ride south through eastern Charlotte/Concord from Greensboro before I get in to SC.  I'm not one to disrespect authority, but if a SHP or Sheriff pulls me over and tries to give me shit about that, I'm going to have a hard time keeping a straight face.

I think Federal Law would say that is legal.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Has then been lifted yet.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be right behind you. I'll probably have to wait until I retire but I'm sick of living in the Massachusetts of the South. Love the geography but hate the ever increasing nanny state, tax and spend, we know better than you do attitude of the "leaders" of this once great state.

Careful what you wish for.  SC has more than our share of stupid politicians.  Exhibit A: Gov. Sanford & his Argentina exploits.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has then been lifted yet.

This Executive Order is effective immediately and shall remain in effect for thirty (30) days or the duration of the emergency, whichever is less.

http://www.governor.state.nc.us/NewsItems/ExecutiveOrderDetail.aspx?newsItemID=1328
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Well being as there never was a real emergency and that the rain has moved on, we should be good to carry again by now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"The Governor exercised her authority under the Emergency Management laws to declare a State of Emergency for the safety and welfare of the citizens of North Carolina. There is NO restriction of citizens engaging in lawful activities with respect to firearms or alcohol. "

§ 14‑288.7. Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:

(1) In which a declared state of emergency exists; or

(2) Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring.

(b) This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties.

(c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

Sheesh, if the Gov office is putting it in writing and they have made the agreement with the AG I'll go out on a limb and say it's good with me. Having discussed this with emergency management people in the western area they also agree that only if stated by the gov or if enacted by individual counties does it affect firearms transportation.

Written verification from the Gov office is good enough for me for now.

If you have doubts then please do not carry or transport firearms until the SOE order is rescinded.

Her Progressive Majesty, Queen Beverly I, has no constitutional authority to decree that only part of the NC General Statutes are to be enforced.  Just as her Attorney General cannot decree that plainly written General Statutes do not mean what they say they mean.

Her writtend verification is doublespeak with no authority.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-charlotte/governor-perdue-is-wrong-about-north-carolina-state-of-emergency

Is Governor Perdue lying about North Carolina State of Emergency?

Since North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue signed Executive Order 62, declaring a State of Emergency in the face of Hurricane Earl, a debate has ensued over whether N.C.G.S. 14-288.7, which restricts transportation of "dangerous weapons” – including firearms – applies to the many thousands of concealed handgun permit-holders, sport shooters and hunters who appear to be in violation of state law.

Both the office of the governor and the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission have issued proclamations that EO 62 does not restrict lawful gun owners and hunters. Unfortunately, both Governor Perdue and the WRC are not only wrong, but by all apearances, willfully wrong. And below you will find out why.

Perdue faces a monumental problem: To get FEMA aid in response to the hurricane, she must declare a State of Emergency. Yet G.S. 14-288.7 is quite clear that under a SoE, no one but law enforcement officers and the military, during commission of their duties, may transport firearms away from his or her "premises.”

Worse, the governor’s party, under the direction of House Majority Leader Hugh Holliman, had no less than two opportunities when the legislature was in session to rectify the problem. Both HB 257 and HB 2031 removed the restriction on carriage of firearms during a SoE. HB 2031, in fact, was introduced after the problem became known when King, NC banned guns and ammunition in response to an impending snowstorm.

Then there is the pending litigation over exactly this issue, Bateman et al v. Perdue et al, of which my organization, Grass Roots North Carolina is a plaintiff.

Unfortunately, instead of admitting the problem and vowing to resolve it, Gov. Perdue is conducting a disinformation campaign to get people to believe it doesn’t exist. And in replying to constituents, the governor’s office has begun applying what can only be described as "big lie theory” as they have begun to carefully misstate the contents of EO 62.

SAYS THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE:

"…After checking with legal counsel, we are pleased to inform you that the current state of emergency was written in such a way that the rights of NC gun owners are not infringed upon. However, local authorities still have the authority to establish states of emergency within their jurisdictions that may impact your right to carry weapons.

"Dove season will open as scheduled on Sept. 4. The Commission’s general counsel has advised that there is no legal impediment to hunting during the current state of emergency.”

THE TRUTH:

Says Grass Roots North Carolina’s Director of Legal Research, Ed Green:

"On Sept. 1, 2010, Governor Perdue issued Executive Order No. 62 declaring ‘that a state of emergency exists in the State due to the approach of Hurricane Earl.’ Nothing in EO 62 mentions gun owners or the possession of guns in any way. Nothing in EO 62 purports to suspend the operation of any

NC law.

"NCGS § 14-288.7 clearly and unambiguously forbids the possession of any firearm off one's premises during any declared State of Emergency, with exceptions only for law enforcement and military in the course of their duties. Under NC law, whenever a State of Emergency is declared, no citizen

may possess any gun outside of their home.

"Even if EO 62 were worded (or amended) to expressly permit the possession of firearms, the governor has no constitutional or statutory authority to suspend the effect or enforcement of a valid NC criminal law. Once she declared a State of Emergency, Gov. Perdue legally disarmed all NC civilians outside their own homes, including the thousands of otherwise legally licensed hunters expected to take to the fields for the opening of Dove season at noon Saturday.”

SAYS THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE:

"The EO only delegated the power and authority to the Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety necessary to implement the State's Emergency Operation Plan. The EO was written in this way mindful of the current lawsuit related to GS. 14-288.7. Implementation of the State's Emergency Operation Plan does not require that G.S. 14-288.7 be enforced.”

THE TRUTH:

From counsel Ed Green:

"EO 62 was NOT written mindful of Gura's lawsuit. The language delegating authority "for the purpose of implementing the State Emergency Operation Plan" is IDENTICAL to language in EO 7 (1/20/09), EO 27 (10/28/09), EO 30 (11/16/09), and EO 47 (1/30/10), all declaring states of emergency (mostly for snow). See http://www.governor09.nc.gov/NewsItems/ExecutiveOrderList.aspx

Moreeover, EO 62 does not say merely that "the State’s Emergency Operation Plan” is being implemented, it says:

"EXECUTIVE ORDER NO.62

PROCLAMATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY

BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA

DUE TO HURRICANE EARL”

Meanwhile, G.S. 14-288.7 says: "it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area…[i]n which a declared state of emergency exists…”

BIG LIE THEORY IN PRACTICE

The most bald-faced lie told by the governor, however, is this:

"You have asked whether G.S. 14-288.7 applies to the state of emergency declared in Executive Order 62 due to Hurricane Earl. Executive Order 62 was issued pursuant to the Governor’s authority under the North Carolina Emergency Management Act, Chapter 166A of the General Statutes and not pursuant to her authority under Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes. [Emphasis added]

"Executive Order 62 did not trigger the provisions of G.S. 14-288.7, and there was never any intention by the issuance of Executive Order 62 to restrict the transportation or possession of off-premises firearms. "

THE TRUTH

Now contrast that with Section 3 of EO 62, the declaration of State of Emergency, which clearly contains what they claim is not there:

"Section 3.

"I delegate to Reuben F. Young, Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, or his designee, all power and authority granted to me and required of me by Article 1 of Chapter 166A of the General Statutes and Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes for the purpose of implementing the State’s Emergency Operations Plan and to take such further action as is necessary to promote and secure the safety and protection of the populace in North Carolina.” [Emphasis added]

That would be the same Article 36 A, Chapter 14 which contains the definition of "state of emergency,” the definition of "dangerous weapon” to include firearms and, yes, G.S. 14-288.7, the ban on transporting dangerous weapons during states of emergency.

FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL:

But don’t take my word for it. Ask NC Attorney General Roy Cooper who, together with gun law expert John J. Aldridge III, wrote a 46-page tome entitled "North Carolina Firearms Laws,” in which they say:

"It is also a misdemeanor under North Carolina law for a person to transport or possess, off his or her own premises, a dangerous weapon in an area during a declared state of emergency, or in the vicinity of a riot. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-288.7 A concealed handgun permit does not allow a permittee to carry a weapon in these areas. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-415.11(c)”

THE HOLLIMAN / PERDUE GUN BAN

If the Holliman/Perdue gun ban contained in EO 62 continues to be in effect on Saturday, when North Carolina dove season opens, thousands of hunters will be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by up to 120 days in jail. Short of rescinding EO 62, nothing Perdue or anyone else can do will change that.

It would be politically untenable for the state to prosecute any of these people, of course. But in living under the shadow of selective prosecution, North Carolina gun owners now exist at the convenience and on the good graces of Queen Beverly, who has taken your right to bear arms, and turned it into a privilege.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#32]
In order not to make this thread exceed the maximum footage for readability I won't quote your post ODA_564 but frankly I give the GRNC info as much credibility as I do the homeless people that jump at you at traffic lights wanting to wash your windows for cash. They operate about the same. They both scream at you, both claim to be the best at what they offer, and no matter what, they demand money EVERY time you see them.

I don't agree with their tactics of screaming liar when they disagree with an elected official. I do agree we need to change the group of representatives that are now causing the grief but I prefer to do it with the a different tact.  

I will continue to support other 2A organizations financially and I will also continue to voice my opinions to my representatives via mail, email, and phone but I refuse to be grouped into a mass of simians thrashing monoliths with bones.

Maybe we should as a group instead, start Tuesday calling the Governors office and asking if the SOE has officially ended. If so, request in writing that be verified. Maybe by numerous requests they will also get the point that it's not only hunters that are inconvenienced every time she decides to "beat the rush" and issue a SOE.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Tell us how you really feel!

Seriously, while I appreciate your opinion, I don't think it invalidates the analysis. The Governor screwed up and she tried to tap dance around it, but there is no tap dance for it.

Especially with GRNC and Gura (who doesn't share your opinion) sueing the state in Federal court over this. The General Assembly could change this in short order - not only to right this wrong but aso to save the money that defending this nonsense will cost, but

our vapid Andy Griffith-style, child like and innocent Chapel Hill-variety of white progressive liberals
that run the Old North State don't believe in the Constitution (of the US or NC) and could give a tinker's dang what "we" think.

So, when the GRNC and Gura whip the snot out of Roy Cooper on this, we won't accept it because it was the result of "a mass of simians thrashing monoliths with bones" that accomplished it?

ETA:  The NRA doesn't ask for money?  They all do.  I had a good year and paid for a life membership in SAF.  They dun me like I'm a delinquent creditor.  Same with the NRA and GOA.  I give when I can, because we aren't going to win this fight without money - the Joyce Foundation is well funded and spends freely to push the anti-liberty message.  When I can't, I tell them "no money".

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell us how you really feel!

Seriously, while I appreciate your opinion, I don't think it invalidates the analysis. The Governor screwed up and she tried to tap dance around it, but there is no tap dance for it.

Especially with GRNC and Gura (who doesn't share your opinion) sueing the state in Federal court over this. The General Assembly could change this in short order - not only to right this wrong but aso to save the money that defending this nonsense will cost, but

our vapid Andy Griffith-style, child like and innocent Chapel Hill-variety of white progressive liberals
that run the Old North State don't believe in the Constitution (of the US or NC) and could give a tinker's dang what "we" think.

So, when the GRNC and Gura whip the snot out of Roy Cooper on this, we won't accept it because it was the result of "a mass of simians thrashing monoliths with bones" that accomplished it?

ETA:  The NRA doesn't ask for money?  They all do.  I had a good year and paid for a life membership in SAF.  They dun me like I'm a delinquent creditor.  Same with the NRA and GOA.  I give when I can, because we aren't going to win this fight without money - the Joyce Foundation is well funded and spends freely to push the anti-liberty message.  When I can't, I tell them "no money".

Help an old guy out. Where did I reference the "vapid Andy Griffith-style" line? Don't think I even got close to that one unless I'm having a total brain fade.

I will say that with a hard copy in my hands of what the Govs office said and a copy of what they posted on the web site I do feel that it is sufficient to be safe to carry during this SOE. Now for future ones? I'll call the same people and request the same and will hound them every chance I get until they realize that this isn't going away. If we all do the same then as you said, maybe they will wake up and realize the smart move.

You and I agree that this whole dung heap could be eliminated by jerking a knot in the rear end of a few that hold the revisions hostage in committee.  I just prefer to not resort to name calling and would rather go at it a bit more reserved. Reserved doesn't mean less active, just a different tact.

You know as well as I that when it gets in the news, the ones screaming names and slurs end up being painted in what the news wants them to be. Nuts.  I believe they can be beaten at their own game and will do my best to help in that defeat.

Yes, the NRA does ask for money but you get more bang for your buck with the NRA and they at least acknowledge their members as the driving force in their cause.

Yes I will accept it if the GRNC ends up being the deciding factor or even a part in getting things like this taken care of but I'd be totally surprised and amazed  if they ever acknowledged any other groups or people as being part of the victory.

I don't care for the "Look what we the almighty have done for you" stance they take when any 2A victory is won.

There are few (if any) organizations that are everything to everyone but I would hope that each organization would also realize this and not spend their time trashing other groups that have the same end goal in mind.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:20:14 AM EDT
[#35]
The vapid line is quoted off "Of Arms and the Law".

And to be absolutely honest, in the twisted crucible of good-old boy machine politics and cronyism supporting socialist progressive communitarianism that is NC state Democratic politics, I don't think the genteel approach works anymore.

That's why we've become the Massachusetts of the South.

North Carolinian allow their elected Democratic leaders to do their smarmy conniving in Raleigh while the Old North State decays into an administrative unit of the Federal bureaucracy.  Our enlightened and omnipotent masters expect us to tug our forelocks and obediently reelect them like good little serfs.

Our Attorney General is a perfect example, as is Queen Bev.

They only respond to people that rock the boat, even those faux boat-rockers like NAACP President, the Reverend Barber.

We have to throw their falsehoods back in their teeth.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I know this is an older post but...  I thought the law only applied to placed declared a "State of emergency" and the Gov. only declared certain areas of the state according to WRAL when I watched it.  Am I missing something here? How would the no gun law apply to the whole state if only certain county's or towns were declared as being in a "state of emergency?"
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I know this is an older post but...  I thought the law only applied to placed declared a "State of emergency" and the Gov. only declared certain areas of the state according to WRAL when I watched it.  Am I missing something here? How would the no gun law apply to the whole state if only certain county's or towns were declared as being in a "state of emergency?"

Scroll back up to my previous post and the link to the Executive order itself.   No mention is made of only certain areas being in a SOE.

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 62

PROCLAMATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY
BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
DUE TO HURRICANE EARL

Pursuant to the authority vested in me as Governor by the Constitution and the laws of the State of North Carolina:

Section 1.

I declare that a state of emergency exists in the State due to the approach of Hurricane Earl.

Section 2.

I order all state and local government entities and agencies to cooperate in the implementation of the provisions of this proclamation and the provisions of the North Carolina Emergency Operations Plan.

There have been other SOEs that were for specific Counties or Cities/Towns, but not this one.

Like Executive Order #30 specifies Dare County:  http://www.governor.state.nc.us/NewsItems/ExecutiveOrderDetail.aspx?newsItemID=783

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnutAnd as for the C U Next Tuesdays in Raleigh, that can kiss my rosey red back side. When folks quit fighting for their rights, they lose them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top