Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/1/2005 8:12:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 10:49:13 AM EDT by treedawg]
This show was the same old-same old for the most part.

There was a NFA dealer from NC that I've never noticed and he had a couple of nice transferable inc. a new M-60, M-2, MP-40 and a very nice AK-47 underfolder.

I purchased 1 crush washer, 3 peel washers and 3 lock washers for projects at different stages of completion for a total cost of $7.00. I had my little girl with me so I bought her some type of YO-YO for another $2.00. I didn't do very much damage to the wallet today and i'm sure I missed a few good deals. It was difficult to look very close since my little 3 Y/O insisted on touching eveything within reach, but that's how they learn at that age.

I was looking for reasonably priced HK-94 mags, some misc small HK parts and a factory loader. I saw 1 date coded HK-94 mag and it was sitting on an associates table. He wanted $50.00 and I told him he was crazy

I was also searching for a FAL/SAW metric Pistol grip. If you one for sale let me know.

I forgot to add there was one good deal there. There was a NIB FN-FNC with an asking price of $2650.00. I started to buy it, but I don't have an extra sear.

TD
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:07:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 11:15:13 PM EDT by Nefarius]
I will not EVER blow a Saturday at another Eastman Gunshow.

What a waste of my time.

The same 'ol CRAP!!! Bunch of useless bullshit, and old WORN OUT shotguns.

Second biggest booth was AIRSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overpriced C&R rifles that look like the -$10.00 for BLIND MANS hand select. C&R is CHEAP and plentiful but at Eastmans they are RARE and EXPENSIVE.

Post ban AR's pieced together from OLY and Hesse parts for $900.00 and "REAL"
Pre-Ban Bushmasters for $1,200.00. (Only slightly WORN THE FUCK OUT!)

The same set of Glock/Springfield/S&W pistols from 8 months ago that they havent sold yet, with NO NEW SELECTION.

I was ready to spend some money **$$$*** and I bought $18.00 worth of Bushmaster grips.

I was so disgusted I couldnt bring myself to even buy an ammo can.

Maybe I'll try those CRAPPY Georgia Mountain gunshows again...

EDIT: Oops..this wasn't the I HATE GUNSHOWS Rant thread was it? Sorry....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:29:58 AM EDT
There wera a few less tables than usual. I guess gas prices may have held a few guys back. One thing that caught me was the people in the back right that brought in a whole jewelry store- counters and all! I guess that was for the BLING crowd- which I saw a few of.

I didn't really price anything since I was looking to trade.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:34:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Kletzenklueffer:
There wera a few less tables than usual. I guess gas prices may have held a few guys back. One thing that caught me was the people in the back right that brought in a whole jewelry store- counters and all! I guess that was for the BLING crowd- which I saw a few of.

What's next, plastic spinners and cheap, loud aftermarket car audio?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:55:03 AM EDT
Nefarius,

If you really want to spend some $$, I've got a Benelli Super 90 Field gun for sale. IM me for details if your interested.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:23:45 AM EDT
Gas prices played a part in keeping me away. In all fairness, I haven't bought a gun at a gun show or gun store since...1994 or 1995.

I still like to go look at the NATC and Cobb County civic center shows once in a while.

The occasional Gunbroker purchase, along with the good dealers right here in the AR15.com Equipment Exchange have spoiled me.

Scott

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:56:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nefarius:
I will not EVER blow a Saturday at another Eastman Gunshow.

What a waste of my time.

The same 'ol CRAP!!! Bunch of useless bullshit, and old WORN OUT shotguns.

Second biggest booth was AIRSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overpriced C&R rifles that look like the -$10.00 for BLIND MANS hand select. C&R is CHEAP and plentiful but at Eastmans they are RARE and EXPENSIVE.

Post ban AR's pieced together from OLY and Hesse parts for $900.00 and "REAL"
Pre-Ban Bushmasters for $1,200.00. (Only slightly WORN THE FUCK OUT!)

The same set of Glock/Springfield/S&W pistols from 8 months ago that they havent sold yet, with NO NEW SELECTION.

I was ready to spend some money **$$$*** and I bought $18.00 worth of Bushmaster grips.

I was so disgusted I couldnt bring myself to even buy an ammo can.

Maybe I'll try those CRAPPY Georgia Mountain gunshows again...

EDIT: Oops..this wasn't the I HATE GUNSHOWS Rant thread was it? Sorry....

don't hold back on us you know its god for you to get things off your chest..........
kinda glad now i had tow rk
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:53:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 9:40:15 AM EDT by GeorgeW2004]
Did anyone notice all the deals on new 30 rounders. I saw them as high as $29. WHAT A DEEEAL! (in Clark Howard voice) I did pick up 5 boxes of Lake City XM193.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:29:08 AM EDT
I thought that I was the only person that felt this show was just about the worst one that I have been to. I was ready to drop some cash on a Pelican 1700 case (the pelican guy didnt even have one, and didnt offer to order me one) and I was going ready to purchase a G19- which I have been looking for quite some time now. I spent about an hour and a half inside of the show, what a complete waste of time.

I second the fact that I am SPOILED with the EE here, as well as GT.com. I told two friends of mine that were making their way in when I was leaving that if they gave me five bucks, they would save two from not having to go in and waste their time; they turned around and left.

There.... Im off of my box now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:33:16 AM EDT
I thought is was pretty much average.

There was a dealer that had new Glock 35s for 499. That was a steal. Unfortunately, he did not have any Glock 34s.

There were some Saiga 410 shotguns for $199.

I bought a first generation Glock 17 with night sights and 8 ndf mags for $450. I think that this was a good deal, especially considering the condition of the gun.

It does seem that the show gets smaller each time...not a good trend!

A
Top Top