Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:49:43 AM EDT
My wife would like to hunt deer or boar. The problem is:

She has been on 2 hunts with no success.

Money is a factor. So no expensive hunts please. Actually free would be nice.

You have to be a trustworthy and moral a person. Hopefully married/attached guys only.

She is dog ugly, so there will be no "arm candy" involved in this arrangement. In other words "keep you friggin paws to yourself", OR ELSE!

She has weapon and will travel. But only in the San Antonio/Austin area.

Help a brother out, she's driving me crazy about this hunting passion of hers. I'm a city boy, with a broke back.

Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:34:15 PM EDT
[I'll go ahead and get this out of they way - sorry in advance.]

You'll need to post a picture of your wife first.

R.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:42:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2005 12:53:17 PM EDT by Combatvet]
]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:46:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Combatvet:
My wife would like to hunt deer or boar.
she's driving me crazy about this hunting passion of hers.

NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OF THIS!

you can't trust guys. our dicks get in the way.
try:
www.womenhunters.com
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:49:53 PM EDT
The T.S.R.A. holds women only hunts, you might want to check into that. They have several a year in the hill country.They are guided group hunts. later, W.B.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:52:42 PM EDT
If I wasn't confident or secure in my marriage then I sure as hell wouldn't have posted this. Not only that, I have a tremendous amount of trust in her judgement. I sure as hell won't keep her in a cage to make myself feel secure.

And trust me, I have full approval on who she would go with. But, I have to have faith in my fellow ARFCOM members.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:54:43 PM EDT
Forgot to say:Very pretty lady you have there sir.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:56:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 6:53:06 PM EDT by Combatvet]

Originally Posted By hk940:

try:
www.womenhunters.com

Note to self............Mark hk940 off the list.
Thanks for the compliment Big.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:42:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:45:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mojo:

Group hunt from ARFCOM would work out good for her and make you feel better. There was a group hunt last time and everyone loves it.

There's another group hunt coming up but it's in DFW area (or South of it). I know you want somewhere closer to Austin or SA, but extra driving to up here and familiarity with ARFCOM is probably worth it.

BTW, you can go and keep her company and you don't have to hunt.

I would like to be informed when the DFW hunt is planned. +1 on the sending someone to keep her company. I just can't do it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:07:38 PM EDT

try:
www.womenhunters.com

+1 how f*#$in true.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 2:11:20 PM EDT by MauserMark]

And trust me, I have full approval on who she would go with. But, I have to have faith in my fellow ARFCOM members.

that's your first mistake

but seriously, there should be some other women hunters that someone on here can find, shouldn't be too much of a problem. good luck.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:38:30 PM EDT
Where do you live, Combatvet? I'm in northern TX in the DFW area. I'm out of pocket for a few months, but when I get back, then I may be able to offer a free hunt for feral hogs with practically a 95% success rate (up north, near Paris, Texas).
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:40:22 PM EDT
We are in the San Antonio area, and would gladly take you up on your offer. IM me with your email and we can communicate later when the time comes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:43:12 PM EDT
Why don't you see if you can arrange a group outing. A few couples and have your wife tag along.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:46:50 PM EDT
I've never hunted before, wouldn't know where to start. (minus the license of course)
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:06:54 PM EDT

I've never hunted before, wouldn't know where to start. (minus the license of course)

Might be worth while to take a hunter safety course together if you feel up for that.

I don't believe you need a license to hunt on private property.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:19:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 4:21:21 PM EDT by DPeacher]

Originally Posted By sterling18:

Might be worth while to take a hunter safety course together if you feel up for that.

I don't believe you need a license to hunt on private property.

Last year, that would have been correct where feral hogs are concerned. HOWEVER Texas has reclassified feral hogs as EXOTIC varmints, and you now need a hunting license to be legal. Some folks are making money selling hog hunts, so the State wants their cut.

BUT, you can still hunt hogs at night over bait with a belt fed machine gun mounted on a flying helicopter - with NVG's or a spot light, your choice. No bag limits either.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:18:27 PM EDT
Actually I really like the idea of an ARF.com group hunt. I live in DFW and would be excited to go.
God bless the guy who let's us hunt on his land.

Keep me updated if it actually pans out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:45:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sterling18:
Why don't you see if you can arrange a group outing. A few couples and have your wife tag along.

My wife might be interested as well; she has never hunted, but as a bona fide coon-ass [intended in the nicest way], she no doubt has the instinct.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 7:19:25 PM EDT by THellURider]
hmm...Let me ponder on this.

ETA: IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:57:16 PM EDT

try:
www.womenhunters.com

Note to self............Mark hk940 off the list.
Don't worry once she saw HK940 she would not be interested in him at all

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:01:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By THellURider:
hmm...Let me ponder on this.

ETA: IM sent.

You're my hero. She is getting excited to finally go on a hunt that might net her a kill or two. I had some smoked boar last year ( a friend killed it) and it was some damn fine grub. My best friend said he would go with her, to guide and help out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:40:01 PM EDT
Idiot Alert!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 8:54:53 PM EDT by Combatvet]

Originally Posted By Timanator:
Idiot Alert!!!!

I asked a legitimate question and you call me an idiot. If you have nothing but insults to post, might I suggest you just not post anything at all then.

I am not physically able to take her myself and I want her to go with people that have similiar interests. BTW I wasn't just going to let her go with just anyone. It would take a few meetings and conversations. I also would have my best friend accompany her.

Just go away please.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:40:38 AM EDT
I shall just craw away and wither in a dark lonely corner somewhere then.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:22:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:34:26 AM EDT
Combatvet, I am going to go out on limb here and say that your wife will be perfectly Ok. You wanna know why? First because I know both the guys who talked about the hunt. TRG and Hrt4me. Second. If a hunt happens, then there are going to be 2 or three other wimmenz involved. We have at least three ladies up here that would leave a hot tub and a bottle of bubbly to go slay pigs. Including My lovely and talented girlfriend. I would not feel any remorse or worry at letting her go with these guys if I couldn't go. This weekend I am taking a DFW arfcomer to the airport and storing her car for the weekend and picking her up on Monday. It ain't becuse I hope she is my next girlfriend or some road dog crap. It is because, she is now part of my family. She has all of the sterling qualities of a person that I would love to have born in my family, but she wasn't so now she is adopted. I have only met her face to face twice, but I can promise you that she will be taken care of like she is my own sister. We run a little different around here. We accept people and it takes a lot to get on the shit list and stay there. We continue to get more and more imports that come here to live because we take care of each other and my boys will take good care of your lady if she wants to come up and go hunting.

Posted in the other thread also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:25:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hound:
Combatvet, I am going to go out on limb here and say that your wife will be perfectly Ok. You wanna know why? First because I know both the guys who talked about the hunt. TRG and Hrt4me.

Yeah, but TRG is ghey, so that's not an issue.

And hrt4me can't get lucky no matter what he tries. Wait - big oopsie - I might have confused him with LT.

I'm a possibility, because I'm the resident Arfcom fatass and thus unattractive to the fairer sex, but I'm currently surviving off the table scraps of those WITH a lease and don't have a place where I can guarantee her a shot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:08:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Originally Posted By hound:
Combatvet, I am going to go out on limb here and say that your wife will be perfectly Ok. You wanna know why? First because I know both the guys who talked about the hunt. TRG and Hrt4me.

Yeah, but TRG is ghey, so that's not an issue.

And hrt4me can't get lucky no matter what he tries. Wait - big oopsie - I might have confused him with LT.

Usually only Mojo and I get mixed up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:26:51 AM EDT
I would be glad to go hunting with her - BTW I am a chick. Boar would be preferable. It would cost maybe @ 200 bucks for a couple of days plus her travel to get to DFW area. I was planning on attending the hunt in late October if she can make that. Otherwise, I would love to set something up so she and I could go separately. She wouldn't be guaranteed a kill, but she would have a great time. IM me if interested.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:08:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:52:23 PM EDT
Hell yes CNL, curb to curb service courtesy of hound productions.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:20:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:02:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hrt4me:
Where do you live, Combatvet? I'm in northern TX in the DFW area. I'm out of pocket for a few months, but when I get back, then I may be able to offer a free hunt for feral hogs with practically a 95% success rate (up north, near Paris, Texas).

I am butt ugly compared to Combatvet's wife, so can I get in on this hog hunt w/ very little money ?
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 7:13:53 AM EDT
Anyone ready to take her on a deer or hog hunt now that it's that time of the year?
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 2:24:20 PM EDT
Tweaked the pic to help you get better results.

Link Posted: 11/8/2005 4:08:03 PM EDT
Well... heres what I could have put her on this past weekend...
A pig or a doe...

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 4:27:37 PM EDT
IM Sent
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 2:15:38 PM EDT
Women's deer hunt. Mountain Home, TX. Dec. 2 -4. Kristin Godlesky: 800.861.1166. This was listed in the American Rifleman Mag.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 4:31:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2005 4:48:11 PM EDT by hrt4me]
Once I get back to DFW and get settled, then she (and you too, CombatVet) can come along on some of my hog hunts I have planned with friends in December and January. Venues include Paris, Canton, Wills Point (Terrell), and San Antonio area.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 4:41:09 PM EDT
hrt4me,

Thank you for your offer, I would like to take you up on it. When you are ready please let me know.

Sincerely,

Norm & Angela
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 12:44:47 PM EDT
I'll take you up on that - hog hunt

Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:13:08 AM EDT
She is welcome to come with me in the spring for a hog hunt. I have nobody to hunt with either and I'm dying to go!

Also a link for her to check out if she's interested...

www.tpwd.state.tx.us/learning/bow/index.phtml
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:17:35 AM EDT
Please keep in touch when you're ready to take her out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 3:34:52 PM EDT
I am interested in hunting, but it can't be anything cute, and it has to be something I would eat... am thinking either hogs or turkeys. Both are butt ugly and yummy! Anybody with the patience to tolerate teaching a newbie?
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 5:54:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2005 5:57:06 PM EDT by SigZiggy]

Originally Posted By Makarov_Mami:
I am interested in hunting, but it can't be anything cute, and it has to be something I would eat... am thinking either hogs or turkeys. Both are butt ugly and yummy! Anybody with the patience to tolerate teaching a newbie?

Yes ma'am. We can have a girl's hunt in the spring. Must be willing to break a nail, stalk and hunt during the day - tree stands during dusk only. No experience needed, just the willingness to not whine - which I am pretty sure you are fully capable of. I will keep you posted

ETA: They may be cute, but they are still damn tasty...

Link Posted: 11/18/2005 5:59:07 PM EDT
Well that will make Angela (my wife)very happy, an all female hunt! Man, you ladies might start the 1st annual "ARFCOM GIRL POWER" hunt. No offense intended. SigZiggy are you volunteering to run point on this? I can envision a group of ya'll sitting by the campfire sharing stories about everything from A-Z......................
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT

Well that will make Angela (my wife)very happy, an all female hunt! Man, you ladies might start the 1st annual "ARFCOM GIRL POWER" hunt. No offense intended. SigZiggy are you volunteering to run point on this? I can envision a group of ya'll sitting by the campfire sharing stories about everything from A-Z......................

I will call Dink within the next week to get some potential dates for Spring. Wish I could swing it this fall, but just too busy busy. I will let you know what I find out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:58:56 AM EDT
This will be awesome!!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 5:25:10 AM EDT
Angela (my wife) is former U.S. Army, I think you gals will get along nicely. I hope you can get a group of ladies together for a weekend hunt, that would be memorable for all. Damn, kind of makes me a little jealous

Nice hogs by the way Sig!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top