Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 10/27/2004 3:09:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/31/2004 6:26:17 AM EDT by archer2]
My oldest son is heading back overseas for the third time in 18 months. This time will be for 6 mos. He's not in Iraq most of the time, but closeby in a neighboring country. Won't be home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years! My wife is a little unnerved again and will be until he returns.

He works with AF Spec Ops........works on evil little black boxes on Spec Ops aircraft that do things he can't tell me about.......if he did, he'd have to kill me (or so he says!)

Last time he was there he took some side trips into Afghanistan and several times into Iraq.......that unnerves me a bit too.

I know he'll be taken care of, the same way I was for 24 years.....but I still know what can occur

Thanks for the chance to share.....

archer2
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:24:36 PM EDT
Thank him for his sacrifice to protect us.
Thank you for raising such a fine son.
Our country is blessed by those who serve.
Keep the faith, my wife’s cousin just made it back from Iraq this week.
He was there for a 9 month. tour.

The Bald Monk
http://wayofthebaldmonk.net/2.jpg
Semper Gumby!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:59:33 PM EDT
archer2 please thank him for his service.
Let us know if we can send care packages, and if so what he wants us to send.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:05:09 PM EDT
god bless your son, and thank him for me. and thanks for raising a fine boy

bbr
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:16:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:23:23 PM EDT
archer2,

My family would like to extend our thoughts and prayers for your family and please tell your son Thank You for his service to our country !

Sincerely, the Duncan family
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:46:40 PM EDT
Tell him to stay safe and that all of us here support him and are praying for his safe and rapid return. I have a friend who is a Marine and left on May 23 for Iraq and is in Kuwait right now and should be home sometime in the next few weeks. It seemed like it would be such a long time when he left and has been long and hard for him, but now that he is this close to being home, it seems like he left just yesterday. He told us that the thing that really helped make it more tolerable was the plentiful amount of mail and care-packages that we sent to him and his buddies. I told him not to be shy and whatever he needed, no matter what, we would send it to him. We even sent cards for him to give out to guys he knew hadn't gotten mail frm home in a while, just to help keep their morale up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:17:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARH:

ARH

Thank your son for his service. I'm in on the care packages as well. Just let us know what he would like.

Scot
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:44:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushmaster-M4gery:

ARH

Thank your son for his service. I'm in on the care packages as well. Just let us know what he would like.

Scot

Indeed
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:19:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By P806:

Originally Posted By Bushmaster-M4gery:

ARH

Scot

Indeed

another +1.

It is great to have people like him that are willing to do it and if he needs (not even needs if he just wants something to make his life better) anthing let us know we will deffinatly get it to him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:35:53 AM EDT
Hey all!

Thanks for all the kind words of support and encouragement. I will pass them onm to him when I hear from him in the next few days (hopefully). He's really upbeat about the whole thing, except for the fact that his fiance (also an AF member) will be leaving herself fore a 90 day rotation in December to a different location. Luckily they will return together in April and plan to be married in May next year. Going to be a busy spring for us around here. I'll keep you informed of what is happening as I hear of it. It's always good to hear the REAL story of whats happening over there, instead of the slanted views our illustrious news media portray.

Thanks again

archer2
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:48:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:01:22 AM EDT
It's all about the mail any time you're deployed.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:16:38 AM EDT

Thank you for your sacrifice.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:32:41 AM EDT

I was in the 1st Gulf War and care packages were some of the best things I received from family & friends !

Best things I remember receiving in care packages:

1) underwear
2) toilet papaer
3) a huge box of about 40 Moon-Pies
4) cans of Pringles
5) the Sunday morning cartoons

Were we always in the middle of the desert, we never slept near areas of population. We had nowhere to buy stuff for ourselves...

Yes, please keep us posted. I want to send care packages as well.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:38:59 AM EDT
Thanks to the both of you for your service.

Prayers sent for his safety, God's protection.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:22:43 PM EDT
thoughts and prayers sent out. Be safe and watch your six.

Agnew out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:43:18 PM EDT
I'm praying for him now as I type that he'll be protected by God while he serves his country with Honor

Keith

Aka Greywolf36
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:57:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TeuffelHunden1775:
It's all about the mail any time you're deployed.

Semper Fi!

This is so true.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:23:10 PM EDT
My family and I will keep him and everyone else overseas in our prayers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:34:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/31/2004 4:56:55 AM EDT by archer2]
Thanks again for the words all! I still have not heard from him, but that is not unusual. It normally takes about a week (give or take a day) to get to where he is going. I will be sure to give updates and any requests for packages, as well as pass on your words of encouragement and prayers. The biggest thing besides packages on deployment, is knowing the folks back home support you and what you're doing.....it makes it all worthwhile, and gives you purpose!

Here's a pic of him on his last deployment....he's on the left

Edit for spelling
Top Top