Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 4:34:33 PM EDT

I've had this Trapdoor sitting around for 12 years........went from back of the closet to back of the safe..........I allways had plans to make a display case to hang it on the wall, well like I said it's been 12 years.
I got it from my grandpa, mind you, he was anything but a gun nut. Apparantly, his older brother "saved" a few from the old gaurd amory in the late '30s, the one my grandpa originally had, was sold back in the late '80s. This one was found in my great aunt's house after she died. He gave it to me rather than sell it of at the estate sale. Yes, it does have some family history........but it didn't really mean anything along the lines of "family heirloom", if you know what I mean.
I asked my brother if he wanted it, and he said he didn't really have any interest in it.

So..............do I sell it to fund another usable project........or put it back in the safe and forget about it for another decade? While I am leaning toward selling ( if it wasn't too obvious ), I would like some input to set my mind straight. I would also like to see it go to someone who would appreciate it as a collectible, not hide it away like I have.........

Whatda ya think guys???

Bill
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 5:06:38 PM EDT by NoAim]
You know, I have very few collector items. A few things here and there, but not much. I'm more of a believer in keeping things to live your life NOW. I know far too many people who have 20 years of junk sitting in their garage or basements.

I'm also a guy who tends to buy or keep stuff he's going to use. If it's not used in 3 years, it goes out the door. I have too much going on to deal with stuff I'll never get anything out of. I have tons of pictures, and a few things of "memories", but rifles ain't one of them.

I say, unless it has real sentimental value to you, sell it to someone who will really appreciate it. Unless you intend to keep it as "investment".

Although, it's just my opinion. I mentioned to Nox the other day as I was rummaging through some of his guns. I asked if he was going to get rid of some of the ones he hasn't shot in 3-4 years. His answer, "no".
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:27:33 PM EDT
Well Unka-Boob if you ever plan on having any kids keep it and pass it on. If not sell it and get your new toy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:17:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ilike9s:
Unka-Boob

So Unka-Boo = Unka-Boob. WS4LIF = Wuss For Life, Noxspecter = BitchBoy....

Damn, it IS like family in here!!!

/sorry OT I know.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 9:29:50 PM EDT by Unka-Boo]

That's OK, I'm still laughin at how WS4LIF though I looked MEAN at the fair......

Well you guys seem to be on the same wave-length as me.......no, it doesn't have a strong sentimental value.....( that would be different if my grandad was into it.....to him, it was just another "thing" )........the cool factor has waned a bit over the years......and, I don't think it's gonna appreciate any more than it has in the last 125 years........so I'm like 89% there......

Thanks for the input guys, it is appreciated.

E.T.A.

like whatever....... IT guy..........

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:28:08 PM EDT
NoAim = Cleans around toilet often.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:48:33 PM EDT
*sniffle* What about me?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:52:11 PM EDT
Did you guys hear sumpin'?????
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:47:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Noxspector:

That's why I use a clip on laser sight. The ladies love that too by the way.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:39:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoAim:

Compensating for something? And I am not talking about windage.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:16:42 AM EDT

The laser sight or cleans around the toilet often? I mean I can see direct advantages to both attributes. Patty
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:31:16 AM EDT
Why didn't you use it last month during the classic battle rifle match?

If you haven't sold it by next month's BC shoot, you should bring it. I own a 45.70 and have "lighter" ammo I could bring for your trapdoor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:38:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pattymcn:

The laser sight or cleans around the toilet often? I mean I can see direct advantages to both attributes. Patty

We love you pat!

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 7:41:52 AM EDT by WS4LIF]

That's why I use a clip on laser sight. The ladies love that too by the way

Now when you say "ladies" you really mean dudes... ...and "laser sight" is some kind of bead thingy?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 7:41:25 AM EDT by Cape_hunter]
Boo,
I would keep it.
That is one of those things that will only increase in value overtime and unless your hurting, hang on to it. In the last 10 years those kind of things have dried up and are becoming harder to find. In the years to come it will be even harder and a true collector will pay top dollar for a good example. Hell in 15 years it could pay for a year or so of collage for little boo!

Just my opinon.
CH
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:41:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:

That's why I use a clip on laser sight. The ladies love that too by the way

When you say "ladies" you really mean dudes... ...and "laser sight" is some kind of bead thingy?

Maybe he means the cow living in the pasture next to Boo?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:42:30 AM EDT
Oh yea, Boo sell it and buy a real man's rifle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:00:53 AM EDT
I'd keep it and just put together your next rifle..... a piece at a time.

And you guys should have seen the look on the guys face at the counter when NoAim brought it in to be bore sighted.

Nox
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:13:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By -RotorDemon-:

Compensating for something? And I am not talking about windage.

That and it's a gen 1 laser so it's like the size a three D cell maglite, at least that is what Unka-Boob was telling everyone at the last PRM. TMI for me though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:08:58 AM EDT
WELL UNKA, IF YOU DO DECIDE TO SELL IT, LEMME HAVE A SHOT AT IT, I KINDA LIKE OLD TD'S AND KRAGS......
THANKS...
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:15:50 AM EDT
I'm gonna go sit in the corner and cry. You meanies crushed my fragile ego.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:25:57 AM EDT
CARLOS....................

check your e-mail sir..........

And NoAim...........you're supposed to say it's hard to hit precisely with something so big...
Top Top