Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/20/2003 2:57:55 PM EDT
Well, while sitting at my computer, i heard my dogs barking. thinking it was just kids i ignored it. Then next to my computer room, i heard someone fall from jumping my fence. i look out my windows and saw him heading towards my unlocked door. being 10 feet away from our gun cloest, and my sks was fortenatly not looked up, i pulled it out. When i got to my first set of stairs, i see this kid getting ready to head towards the bed rooms. I then asked what the Fuck he was doing in my house with my sks in hand. I then told him, get the fuck out. You should have seen his face. He was like holy shit. he then ran his ass out of my house, jumping the fence again, to get next to his friend that was just walking away. I picked up the phone, called 911, and the police arrested them.

thank god for the right to own a gun. those of you that saw me at the last DBS, you have seen my sks, with the 30 round mag. looks like an AK if you dont know about the SKS. The better part for me is, it was not loaded, since i didnt have time to drop a stripper in it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:12:51 PM EDT
Glad you didn't have to shoot him. I dunno if I could've shown as much restraint as you did, somebody running into my house would freak me out.

What part of Vegas do you live in?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:37:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2003 3:41:08 PM EDT by Bigedmond]
just below summerlin. cops just left, and said they wish i would have shoot him. would have made it easier to find them. luckly, and undercover saw the 2 just before they got the call, so the know what they look like, and the area they are in. They figured they would have them in a few hours.

:: edit
I will be honest, i have never been so scared in my life. I had no clue if he was armed. Luckly he wasnt. I am still on edge, and a little shaky.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:45:30 PM EDT
Hmmmmm.......maybe it's time to keep her loaded ........eh?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:51:41 PM EDT
I am glad you are OK and no one got hurt, I keep my gun loaded and near by, but I pray I never have to pull that trigger, unless my life or those in my house are in danger.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2003 4:32:04 PM EDT by rickinvegas]
Bigedmond, I am glad to hear you are ok and very glad the turds were caught but.....I think your experience illustrates the danger of keeping a weapon around that is, if not loaded, difficult to load quickly. I have always been of the mind that if you are going to point a weapon at someone, you had better be prepared to pull the trigger. If this guy was armed, you could have been in more trouble than if you had just hid out in a bedroom closet. Time to buy a handgun??

P.S. Are we going to see you next week at the shoot? You are welcome to use one of my AR's again and I have plenty of ammo if you want to buy some from me at $2/box. (the price we got on the last group buy)

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2003 4:43:49 PM EDT by Bigedmond]
next weekend. I could proably make it out there. I have 120 rounds again, plus 2 30 round mags. Ill bring a couple bucks to buy more ammo too. This time, my girl should be there with me, but she has no expereince around guns.

What time will you guys be going out???

::edit:: The SKS is now loaded, and will remain that way. Thats one thing the Cop said i should do, since i dont have any young kids in the house.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:51:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:52:17 PM EDT
should have shot them
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:43:10 PM EDT
I live right outside of Summerlin, too. Maybe I'll load up a mag for the AR and keep it next to the bed tonight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:44:49 PM EDT
Glad you are okay. Where I live the 215 and a big huge empty field are my backyard. I always carry in the house and out on the porch with a maglite. Load that 7.62x39, baby!!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:59:02 PM EDT
So thugs in Vegas Gamble with there life, kid is luck the House did not collect!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:04:19 PM EDT
I keep my Glock 27 that is my carry gun, my Beretta 92 and a Mossberg 590 loaded in my office always. The Mossberg is loaded but not racked, which is easy enough to do and the sound would probably stop anyone from thinking about coming any closer. If all else fails I have a plan to push my wife towards the bad guy to distract him/them as I jump through my office window to safety.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:02:30 PM EDT
We're glad to read you're safe, bigedmond. Sounds like the cops were pretty cool and all ended well. You did good!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:05:13 PM EDT
Bigedmond,

It's CCW time......
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:30:07 PM EDT
Reading of experiences likes this only solidifies my position of carrying a loaded gun from room to room in my house.

While it is impossible to know the punk's intentions, you can rest assured they were evil. I think I would have shot the criminal rather than have him resenting ME for getting HIM arrested. The police cant hold him forever and he knows where you live.

Make sure your gun is loaded because your next encounter with the criminal element may not have a happy ending for you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:37:37 PM EDT
as soon as i can find work again, and get my berreta, im planning on getting the CCW
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:49:49 PM EDT
Which Beretta 92? 96? 8045? Then can get the cool CX4 Storm add on and have a futuristic carbine
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:04:42 PM EDT
92fs stainless plus get a few high cap mags
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:08:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bigedmond:
92fs stainless plus get a few high cap mags

Talk to wolfpack, he has one and is always looking to trade for something new!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:44:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:11:30 AM EDT
Glad to hear your ok man... I think its time you pick yourself up a handgun or a small shotgun.. My personal choice would be a small AOW type shotgun with a bright flashlight attached..
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:53:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EricE:
I have a .50 Desert Eagle I am thinking of selling.

Eric E

Hmmmm.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:26:12 PM EDT
Glad you're okay man. And glad you had the SKS close by. Wish you would have killed him.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:50:56 PM EDT
Glad your OK!

We may not agree on everything, but I am glad your ok.

Keep that sks loaded and a flashlight next to it.

keep your powder dry.

dave
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:56:55 PM EDT
update!!!!

He plead guitly to Attemped burglary, and will be staying in jail since he is up for another crime. Something big, like murder. Glad this guys locked up
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:54:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bigedmond:
update!!!!

He plead guitly to Attemped burglary, and will be staying in jail since he is up for another crime. Something big, like murder. Glad this guys locked up

Even more of a shame that you didn't shoot him.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:24:23 PM EDT
This story makes me leave two loaded mags (one for each of my rifles) within reach of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:54:30 PM EDT
He would've got justice eventually, earlier, if it was you, or later with the fine men in blue. Glad things worked out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 12:22:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2003 2:22:27 PM EDT by chiz45]

Originally Posted By SO-COM:
This story makes me leave two loaded mags (one for each of my rifles) within reach of the rifle.

within reach?! You don't have small kids at home, do you?

i carry from room to room my G19 with 15 147gr Golddots ready to go.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:01:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2003 8:01:38 PM EDT by SO-COM]
I'll rephrase what I said.. I keep a loaded mag around the area where my rifle is, typically stashed just out of sight but close enough I could get to it quickly since I know where it is. Besides, it would be impossible for a 2r old to even charge my 91's handle..
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2003 8:16:39 PM EDT by Morpheus]
I am glad things worked out OK and I am REALLY glad you didn't have to shoot him. Despite all the bravado spewed forth here, the emotional damage you would have inflicted on yourself would be with you for the rest of your life, regardless of whether or not it was justified or necessary.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:51:36 PM EDT
...and all the paperwork!!

You have to do what you have to do! Still, not having to shoot is definitely the better way for things to work out. The emotional aspect may be a very valid one but the hassle and potential risks are even more concerning.
If you'd live in rural NV it'd probably be o.k. but in LAS... Who knows. Should be alright. After all it's NV. However, all it takes is one oversealous DA with a liberal agenda. I'm probably (hopefully) exagerating but it makes me uneasy. Yeah, yeah I'm a sissy... :) lol

Let's keep in mind that personal defense and vigilantism are two different things. I'm always packing, but I realise that my CCW is no 'license to kill' but provides me with the availability of a tool that allows me to extract myself and family from a dangerous situation.

Y'all know that - I know... I know...

Bigedmond is alright. That's the main point. Whatever it takes!!
Having said all that... pity that BE didn't smoke the fu$ker!

LRdrvr

Top Top