Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2003 10:17:33 AM EDT
Ok, so it's not as cool as some of your toys but again I am poor.  It came in the mail today from Steve at ADCO.  I thought it was a good deal $375 shipped?..  Just the complete upper folks.

What do you guys think?  Beside the fact that it has no sights
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, 82nd...

You already had a lower???

What make??? DPMS, Bush, or RRA???

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good, since it is from ADCO I assume it is RRA?  Good choice.  $375 shipped is a very good deal.

For iron sight ... how about this

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5556

It retails for $79.95. But if you (or your dad) have a C&R FFL, you can get it at dealer's cost.  I think it is like $53 or so ...  This is what I have on my RRA M4 upper.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, it's RRA.  Actually I just noticed this when I was looking here over.

Oh, well I think Steve with set things straight.
Cutter, it's my bushmaster lower.  I don't have enough cash to buy a whole other rifle so I just got another upper and plan to get a lower like that DPMS one you got for CCMG.
BTW  that back-up iron sight is cool.  I don't have an FFL  What kind of mounts would help me to co-witness if I plan on getting an Eotech or an Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Ouch ... contact ADCO about your handguard.  I think they will fix you right.

DOnt have an C&R?  Hmm ... I dont either.  But I know my buddy (C&R) just got his from Brownells for less than 60 bucks.

I heard that this sight and Eotech goes perfectly together ... their line of sight is almost parallel to each other.  This is why I chose this DPMS sight since I plan to buy an Eotech later on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto to OZy's comments...

CMMG also sells a folding rear sight that Jeff says he likes better than the fixed rear sight...

www.cmmginc.com/cmmg_images/tbl_images/accessories_images/CAT_Sight_Up.jpg

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Does that sight from CMMG co-witness well with the EO-tech?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I use an ARMS#40 w/my EOTech.  They run about $99.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I will probably end up getting that damn arms #40 but not without a little pissing and moaning.  Why in the hell should it cost someone $100 for damn rear sight!  I could get a used ruger 10/22 for that!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I think she'll look sharp when you're all done with her!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I will probably end up getting that damn arms #40 but not without a little pissing and moaning.  Why in the hell should it cost someone $100 for damn rear sight!  I could get a used ruger 10/22 for that!

And to make matters worse if you get an EOTech you will hardly ever use your ARMS 40.  At least I don't very much.  But it is there if the batteries go out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top